Tried searching but wasn't working that great. A couple of questions. For the Terrace party are the tables still first come or are they assigned (2 of us would like against the railing if possible). Second question do both the terrace and garden plaza all go through the same line/tables for desserts or are they in different areas? Just wondering how crowded it would be to get to the food. We did the party several times before all the changes when it was for Wishes.

I have booked the Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza garden viewing. This is the before options, correct ? I thought it said after in description if it was the after viewing. Just wanting to clarify

I have booked the Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza garden viewing. This is the before options, correct ? I thought it said after in description if it was the after viewing. Just wanting to clarify
There is a “before” and an “after” party with garden plaza viewing. It sounds like you may have made reservations for the after party.

Tried searching but wasn't working that great. A couple of questions. For the Terrace party are the tables still first come or are they assigned (2 of us would like against the railing if possible). Second question do both the terrace and garden plaza all go through the same line/tables for desserts or are they in different areas? Just wondering how crowded it would be to get to the food. We did the party several times before all the changes when it was for Wishes.
Tables are first come first served and everyone uses the same tables. In my experience and I've done it twice there were never long lines or anything, plenty of food for everyone and not much of a wait to get it.
Just be aware that when the show starts pretty much everyone gets up from their seats and stands at the railing, so even if you have a table near it, chances are you'll have to stand anyway as people will be in front of you.

I’ve done the terrace party a few times the last time was this past December. We waited in line to be checked in and then we were walked to our table. During the fireworks I didn’t see anyone standing up or going to the railing, which would be difficult since the tables start right at the railing so there is no room for people to just walk up and linger. Never was an issue the multiple times I’ve done it. The garden party and the terrace party are in different areas, the terrace party is in the lower area and the garden is in the upper area. It’s different food areas. Hope this helps.

Tables are first come first served and everyone uses the same tables. In my experience and I've done it twice there were never long lines or anything, plenty of food for everyone and not much of a wait to get it.
Just be aware that when the show starts pretty much everyone gets up from their seats and stands at the railing, so even if you have a table near it, chances are you'll have to stand anyway as people will be in front of you.

No! tables are still pretty much first come first served however the tables are pushed right up to the wall there are no longer people leaving their seats to stand in front of other people who are seated closer up. There are fewer tables than there used to be and most tables are up against the wall with 2-4 chairs and a few larger tables just behind. There is no longer any space between tables and wall.

There are 2 different dessert lines, one in the lower terrace (where the terrace party gusts have their tables) and one on the upper terrace where they seat the plaza guests pre-show. However, we’ve always been told we could use both lines, regardless of which party we were attending. The food is the same at both.

We’ve also been shown to our table in recent years (at both the terrace and plaza parties) but our last terrace party we asked for a different table and were happily accommodated, so I don’t think they are so much “assigned” as the CMs just seat you to avoid a group of 2 taking a table for 4, etc.

We've only done the plaza garden dessert parties. As others have noted, the terrace party guests have a dessert line on the lower level, and the plaza garden guests have their own on the upper level. The last time we did a plaza garden party in December, the CM who showed us to a table said that we were free to use either line. We did try the terrace party line, since it was actually closer to where we were sitting, but it was so dark and poorly lighted down there that we quickly gave up and went back to the plaza garden line on the upper level. So I guess you can use either one - if you can see what you're getting.

I wanted to report back on my Garden View After Dessert Party on 1/19/2019. It was Saturday on MLK weekend, it was crowd level 10, and it was A-MAZ-ING!!!! The Castle projection show started at 7:30 with fireworks at 8:00. We showed up around 7:15, and of course went to the far left corner facing the castle! Only a few people there. Someone in front of us had a huge blanket laid out staking out their ground. Didn't bother us, but if it was extremely crowded I would have been annoyed. At 7:30 still very little people on the left hand side while the other areas filled up. At 8:00 there were only 9 people in the green grassy area on the left hand side and at the most 30 people in the whole far left section. ONLY 30 PEOPLE!! We were in the green grassy section with only 6 OTHER PEOPLE!!! The other sections were fairly full. We stood up for the projection show but sat for the fireworks as everyone else stayed seated around us except for the people up front at the railing. I don't think this few of people is typical, we must have had some major Pixie Dust!!

We went onto the Dessert Party! The food was good but not outstanding (I found that to be pretty much the case for most of our Disney eating). The cheeseburger rolls were a favorite and my husband liked the macaroons. We enjoyed sitting at the rail looking out at the crowd and the castle, but it was a bit noisy from the people walking by.

My husband asked how much it cost to do this experience, throwing out the amount of $130. I replied something like that :thumbsup2. Total cost was $220, DH was off just by a little :D. Would I do it again? ABSOLUTELY!!! Not sure I could justify it if we went every year but when you go every 3-5 years it's well worth the price. Next time we will definitely do it and I will also consider doing another party in a different park.

Last edited:
he whole far left section. ONLY 30 PEOPLE!! We were in the green section with only 6 OTHER PEOPLE!!!

Hi - we're going next week! What do you mean by 'the green section'? Is that the back left by the railing that is discussed here?

Hi - we're going next week! What do you mean by 'the green section'? Is that the back left by the railing that is discussed here?

Within the Garden Viewing section there are fake grass areas. There is a back railing and front railing and in between there is an area of fake green grass. Around the "grass" there is cement. So the whole section isn't "grassy". Hope this makes sense. Hope you have as good of an experience as we did! Enjoy!!!

Anyone with recent experience doing the after party on a night with late EMH? Is the general consensus that the before party is better on an EMH night because you miss out on shorter ride lines, or does it work out well to go eat the desserts and allow some of the crowds to clear out before getting in line for a couple of rides?

Anyone with recent experience doing the after party on a night with late EMH? Is the general consensus that the before party is better on an EMH night because you miss out on shorter ride lines, or does it work out well to go eat the desserts and allow some of the crowds to clear out before getting in line for a couple of rides?

Mine was this past October, but I thought it worked well using that first 30-45 minutes relaxing and eating desserts while the lines thinned out. They’re always long right at the end of the night and I’d rather be eating than just standing in lines. I wouldn’t hesitate to do the party during emh again.

I did the Terrace seated party on Jan 14. Table was assigned. We were a party of two and were given a table on the railing. We didn’t request this.

Buffet line is private to the Terrace seating area. We never waited in line. Just walked right up.

No one stood during the fireworks. Everyone stayed at their tables.

It was a lovely experience. I would do it again.

I did the Terrace seated party on Jan 14. Table was assigned. We were a party of two and were given a table on the railing. We didn’t request this.

Buffet line is private to the Terrace seating area. We never waited in line. Just walked right up.

No one stood during the fireworks. Everyone stayed at their tables.

It was a lovely experience. I would do it again.
Just curious but have you done Garden Viewing as well and if so how would you compare the two having just done the Terrace?

Is it possible to purchase tickets for the fireworks party as a surprise for someone else? Can I make the reservation in my name but let them check in by themselves (using my name with my permission)?

I just saw a Fort Wilderness Beach Dessert Party listed under Dining...anyone know anything about what this is???

Every morning I go to my bookmarks, I put in July 4, switch the party size to 4 and think that times is going to be the time that 8:15 pops up as a clickable option and every time Im told instead....

No tables available around 6:45 PM to 9:45 PM on Thursday, July 4, 2019.
Select a different date or time, or change your party size, and search again.

Im keeping the faith...someone is going to cancel and I'm going to be there to catch it when it falls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter