I checked again today and see no availability for my dates (Jan. 14-17). Other than camp out on a curb somewhere or book the pricey CRT package, I'm at a loss! I want to be able to see the projections well!

I’m surprised your having issues getting those Jan dates. I never thought HEA dessert parties sell out besides for a few popular times like NYE, Christmas, etc. I just went to WDW site and was able to pretty much find availability between late Oct up to December, (even Christmas eve).

I’m assuming there is a temp glitch for your dates. Try calling to book. There is NO way they are truly sold out. I remember being able to buy dessert party tickets the day before.

I agree with you. If I decide to book one as opposed to camping out on the curb, I'm going to call. I tried plugging in dates all over January and they all show no availability!
A poster above commented that I should have no problem finding a good spot without booking a party, but I would rather not have to take a chance on fighting for a good spot as I've not seen the show yet.

I just called this morning, hoping to get a spot for 1 at the Terrace dessert party for Jan 23, and the CM didn’t show any availability either. I’m hoping it’s just a glitch, now that I know this is a thing that exists, I’d really like to do it.

I just called this morning, hoping to get a spot for 1 at the Terrace dessert party for Jan 23, and the CM didn’t show any availability either. I’m hoping it’s just a glitch, now that I know this is a thing that exists, I’d really like to do it.
i'm hoping it's a glitch too but considering people are able to book it for just a week in advance right now it's a good sign it is not fully booked for all of January and February

I just checked online again, and instead of saying there are no available tables, it said that it’s unable to check for tables at this time, so maybe they’re updating the system or something?

I've been trying for days to book a plaza garden viewing party for mid-January, with no luck. (either online or the phone) The CM on the phone said the best suggestion she had was to call or check back closer to the time. I will however randomly continue looking for a spot! There's no glitch; for some reason, these parties are booked solid any of the nights in Jan. I've checked.

I think it is either:
1) a system glitch or
2) Disney is not entirely sure about scheduling of the MK dessert parties between Jan. 1 and Mar. 7, 2020.

EVERY single dessert party at MK (Plaza viewing, After Fireworks Party, and Tomorrowland Terrace) are not bookable for any night between Jan. 1 to Mar. 7, 2020 despite being in blue on the calendar. Somehow there is availability for those 3 dessert parties before Jan. 1 and after Mar. 7. Coincidence? I think not.

I think it is either:
1) a system glitch or
2) Disney is not entirely sure about scheduling of the MK dessert parties between Jan. 1 and Mar. 7, 2020.

EVERY single dessert party at MK (Plaza viewing, After Fireworks Party, and Tomorrowland Terrace) are not bookable for any night between Jan. 1 to Mar. 7, 2020 despite being in blue on the calendar. Somehow there is availability for those 3 dessert parties before Jan. 1 and after Mar. 7. Coincidence? I think not.
I booked mine for 1/7 in early September. Maybe they're changing their minds on the timeline for the price increase and want to go back and do it sooner. (Mine is booked at the old price).

I've been trying for days to book a plaza garden viewing party for mid-January, with no luck. (either online or the phone) The CM on the phone said the best suggestion she had was to call or check back closer to the time. I will however randomly continue looking for a spot! There's no glitch; for some reason, these parties are booked solid any of the nights in Jan. I've checked.
There's no chance they all booked solid at the same time. Things will shake out soon I'm sure.

I still have mine booked for the 28th of January and when I booked it a few weeks ago there were lots of empty slots. Then a day later they did the price increase warning on the page so maybe that messed it up for everyone.

On the Monday before Thanksgiving, we have a reservation for the Signature Celebration at Cinderella's Table, which includes a dessert party after HEA that I'm guessing is the same as the regular post-Fireworks Dessert Party. How long do people usually stay at the dessert party? We're a family of four and are not big eaters. We have a FP for 7 Dwarves from 10-11pm that we're hoping to use before the kids totally zonk out from exhaustion.

On the Monday before Thanksgiving, we have a reservation for the Signature Celebration at Cinderella's Table, which includes a dessert party after HEA that I'm guessing is the same as the regular post-Fireworks Dessert Party. How long do people usually stay at the dessert party? We're a family of four and are not big eaters. We have a FP for 7 Dwarves from 10-11pm that we're hoping to use before the kids totally zonk out from exhaustion.

With the After Party, you can stay as long or as little as you’d like. You could skip it if so inclined.

We’re not that into the desserts/food at these things. Maybe a quick bite, bathroom break, then move on.

Looks like they’ve cleared the glitch/released the reservations/whatever the issue was—I was able to find multiple nights to choose from for my Jan 23-30 trip. I picked the 29th because it’s the evening EMH, and my last night there, so I might as well live it up!

Looks like they’ve cleared the glitch/released the reservations/whatever the issue was—I was able to find multiple nights to choose from for my Jan 23-30 trip. I picked the 29th because it’s the evening EMH, and my last night there, so I might as well live it up!
Thanks for posting! I was able to book for my February 21 date too!

Any reviews of the after-party?

I enjoyed it. Had several items from the s'mores station, to various small bites to the ooey gooey toffee cake. You get first dibs to the garden plaza and I think the dining area ends up being less crowded. My dad and I are fast eaters so we managed to eat everything we wanted then return to watch Once Upon a Time.

Any recent reviews of the after-party?

We loved the after party. We arrived at the garden viewing area around 30 min before the fireworks and got a great spot. Not having people right on top of you during the show is wonderful! It makes the show so much more enjoyable. The dessert party is nice but truly the viewing area is the highlight. I do like how they incorporated some snack food so it’s not just sweets which is overkill. I would do it again but not every trip.

We loved the after party. We arrived at the garden viewing area around 30 min before the fireworks and got a great spot. Not having people right on top of you during the show is wonderful! It makes the show so much more enjoyable. The dessert party is nice but truly the viewing area is the highlight. I do like how they incorporated some snack food so it’s not just sweets which is overkill. I would do it again but not every trip.
Thanks! I also like that there is a variety of savory and sweet items to choose from. What to do...what to do. We are doing an After-Hours one night, so I'm torn about spending money on a dessert party this trip.

Thanks! I also like that there is a variety of savory and sweet items to choose from. What to do...what to do. We are doing an After-Hours one night, so I'm torn about spending money on a dessert party this trip.
We did the MVMCP one day and the dessert party on our last day at MK. It was my husband’s bday so the dessert party was a surprise for him. Me and my girls managed to not spill the beans. I loved both “splurges” and while I don’t love paying extra for things that really didn’t used to be ticketed events per se, I do see a value in the after hours, parties and special events. We had a blast. The dessert party was a great ending to our trip.

We did the MVMCP one day and the dessert party on our last day at MK. It was my husband’s bday so the dessert party was a surprise for him. Me and my girls managed to not spill the beans. I loved both “splurges” and while I don’t love paying extra for things that really didn’t used to be ticketed events per se, I do see a value in the after hours, parties and special events. We had a blast. The dessert party was a great ending to our trip.
Certainly makes the evening special! Any thoughts on EMH night vs regular night? It obviously would cut into ride time, but if we are doing an after-hours another night, maybe that won't matter. I also debated the before party, but I think my DH would enjoy the party more with a beer. lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!