I apologize in advance because I think this has been asked, but what is the advantage of watching from the back rail? I'm really interested in seeing the projections rather than the fireworks, would the back rail work better for that?
TIA!!
Pretty much as GAD said above. Usually, there is an open space between the back and the front of the area, especially as all those who do not know about the 'secret' back rail, move to the front when the show starts. The view from the back gives you space in front of you (usually) and the view of the castle is as good as it can be. Plus good for leaning, as GAD said above.

We are attending the after dessert party. Can anyone tell me if we'll be able to watch Once Upon a Time from the terrace, at the party. Many thanks :)

We are attending the after dessert party. Can anyone tell me if we'll be able to watch Once Upon a Time from the terrace, at the party. Many thanks :)
It will depend on the timing - some nights it’s befote HEA and some nights it’s after. Also, you will have a very obstructed view of the projections from up there. Lastly, depending on where you’re seated on the terrace, it may be difficult to see the castle from your seat. I’d plan to catch it another night if it’s important to you.

It will depend on the timing - some nights it’s befote HEA and some nights it’s after. Also, you will have a very obstructed view of the projections from up there. Lastly, depending on where you’re seated on the terrace, it may be difficult to see the castle from your seat. I’d plan to catch it another night if it’s important to you.

Thanks for your reply :) Yes, I have planned it for another night, just in case. It's on at 10pm when we're there - so after HEA :)

I currently have the before party booked. We have a 5:30pm CRT reservation. Should I book the after party???? Does it matter????? I was thinking maybe the after to space out what we have eaten??? We will have a 4 year old and 3 year old with us that are troopers and can stay up plus i am no rush to beat the crowds home. this would be in ocotber when the park closes at 11pm. any input appreciate should i switch to the after party there is availability

I currently have the before party booked. We have a 5:30pm CRT reservation. Should I book the after party???? Does it matter????? I was thinking maybe the after to space out what we have eaten??? We will have a 4 year old and 3 year old with us that are troopers and can stay up plus i am no rush to beat the crowds home. this would be in ocotber when the park closes at 11pm. any input appreciate should i switch to the after party there is availability
Personal preference, but I’m not sure you’d get your money’s worth out of the desserts doing the before party. You’ll also likely be going right from dinner to the party (both times I’ve had dinner at CRT it’s been a 2-hour Experience).

Wow - suddenly, I'm one week out from my 4th of July dessert party! (May the force be with me, seriously.) Anyhoo...since I'm booked for the pre-party with Plaza Garden viewing and the fireworks are at 9:15pm, what time do I check in for the party? I feel like I should know this since it's not my first rodeo, but I typically do my parties @GADisneyDad14 style: Show up 20 minutes before the fireworks, grab a dessert and head down to the garden. I *know* I'll need to be a little more strategic on the 4th and will have to check-in on time. :) TIA!

Wow - suddenly, I'm one week out from my 4th of July dessert party! (May the force be with me, seriously.) Anyhoo...since I'm booked for the pre-party with Plaza Garden viewing and the fireworks are at 9:15pm, what time do I check in for the party? I feel like I should know this since it's not my first rodeo, but I typically do my parties @GADisneyDad14 style: Show up 20 minutes before the fireworks, grab a dessert and head down to the garden. I *know* I'll need to be a little more strategic on the 4th and will have to check-in on time. :) TIA!

Official check-in for the before party is 1.5 hours before fireworks.

You may be on your own for figuring out just what that means in terms of your plans on a :crowded: night like 7/4! Good luck!

Can anyone tell me if you were able to catch the OUAT show from the After party area?

From the pictures that have been posted, the After Party tables are in that “upper” Tomorrowland Terrace area, which does not have a quality view towards the castle. Big caveat since I have not done it myself, but my impression is that it’s not a great option for OUAT viewing.

I asked about this earlier today - just scroll up it's on this page - we are going to put it in on another evening as I don't think the view will be great :)

we attended the before Plaza Garden Party on June 23rd with my niece and her boyfriend . It was a great experience and not crowded at all in the garden.
They were able to lay on the grass in front of us until the fireworks started with plenty of room around them. There was a family of little kids who had some light up toys who were also playing on the grass. We stood on the far left of the back rail as usual and had an amazing view, it was pretty crowded outside in the hub and on Maine Street though!
My niece had wanted to go to Crystal Palace and the only reservation I could get was 3.55. This meant no one was really hungry at the Dessert Party which was fine as previous experience has taught me the desserts are pretty mediocre!
We did all manage a couple of drinks though and headed to the garden about 8.20 as a few people seemed to be heading down and we didn’t want to not have our coveted railing spot!
It was a great experience and I won’t hesitate to do it again with the caveat that it is the reserved space that you are paying for.

We lined up about 7.30 and there was a pretty long line in front of us, they started letting us in around 7.40.

I did manage to find space to try the Spring Rolls and they were pretty good!
At the end of the fireworks they opened the back exit of Maine Street so we were able to make a slightly easier getaway!

I think I am doing the September 7 and just got the phone call today I would guess they will do the same thing for you if you also had the parade viewing area or when you get to Disney you could stop by GR and ask them. I plane to do this as I am not sure where the parade viewing area is or what parade it is for.

I was shocked that they actually called us here in Austria today to let us know that they will honour the parade viewing. Great move Disney! I will keep my reservation now!

Official check-in for the before party is 1.5 hours before fireworks.

You may be on your own for figuring out just what that means in terms of your plans on a :crowded: night like 7/4! Good luck!
Thanks!! I think it may be a quick snack at the Terrace before moving out to the garden. :thumbsup2

Well, based on all of the positive reviews, I just booked the before party for our trip in November. With only having two chances to see HEA due to MVMCP, I knew I needed to bite the bullet and just go for it. :thumbsup2 Plus, given the 5 day cancellation policy, it was a no-brainer. This will be our first dessert party and I cannot wait to surprise my mom and daughter with it!

You made the right call, especially with all the parties the normal HEA will be more crowded.

We did the dessert party in April, and will be doing it again on our next trip- because of the same issue with MNSSHP.

Also - #teambackrail - it was great, had plenty of room to relax, once the show started we stood up - plenty of room in front, no one behind us or on the side. It was great.

Please explain exactly where the check in podium is for the before party.

Is it on the Main Street path to the Tomorrowland Terrace or around the corner on the Tomorrowland path?

Thank you!

Please explain exactly where the check in podium is for the before party.

Is it on the Main Street path to the Tomorrowland Terrace or around the corner on the Tomorrowland path?

Thank you!

It’s the side closet to the Plaza Restaurant and Main Street.

Pretty much as GAD said above. Usually, there is an open space between the back and the front of the area, especially as all those who do not know about the 'secret' back rail, move to the front when the show starts. The view from the back gives you space in front of you (usually) and the view of the castle is as good as it can be. Plus good for leaning, as GAD said above.

Yep that's exactly what happens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter