MK fireworks -handicap seating?

I’d rather be diving

Earning My Ears
It’s been a few years since we’ve been to the fireworks inside Magic Kingdom. Last time we went there was an area roped off for handicap seating between the Hub and Tomorrowland. Does anyone know if there is still roped off HC seating?

I think you are thinking about parade viewing. To my knowledge there hasn't been roped off fireworks viewing. I was there last weekend on an ECV and I had a great view by parking on the fence directly behind the dessert party viewing area. There is a low wall/ planter separating the dessert party area from the rest of the area and it creates enough separation that you can see over people, and others in your party can have a seat on the wall before the show.

Yes they do have a spot it fill up fast see the red area in the photo

Attachments

• 56B37B96-E47C-492D-95FE-8C140C9E89F0.jpeg
    56B37B96-E47C-492D-95FE-8C140C9E89F0.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 41

How early would y’all recommend getting to the area before HEA?
Depends on how crowded it is I would go 30-45 minutes early if it is dead then less time very crowded more time. If this is a must see then get there early. If you really do not care then not so early

Hope this helps

If you want to try this, you can park your mobility scooter anywhere along the parade route that you think that you may like. If you have ever watched the cast members before a parade put the parade line poles in the street, they have little holes with a metal cap they remove before putting the poles into. You can guesstimate the line between any two pole holes and place your mobility scooter there and adjust forward or backward when they actually set up the parade line strips.

When parking on the sidewalk, of course, you have a curb to locate where you can stop your mobility scooter.

I used to always park at the sidewalk curb facing forward. But when the standing crowds come into the left and right of me, I can only see what is straight ahead of me and not to my left or right of me because of all the standing guests because of the mobility scooter I sit about two persons back from the sidewalk curb.

I started backing my scooter up backward, carefully, to the curb's edge. I turned my mobility scooter's seat around and now my body and eyes were mostly even with all of the other guests so that I can see the parade to left and right of me like everyone else.

I just say this if you don't want to watch a parade in the handicap areas.

For watching the parades, here are some MK photos.

3853675867_fa3dca2886.jpg

Here is a photo of Magic Kingdom City Hall, restrooms, and the Fire Department. The Disney cast members are playing jump rope and they still have the poles up for a parade. I haven't seen the accessible area for mobility scooters since they moved it to this area supposedly in front of the City Hall/restroom area.

MK-Town-Square-DiningPkg-Parade_040317_zpsffj6nf9k.jpg

If you were wondering why they moved the handicap area, Robo's map shows that MK Tony's Dining Package is using the space and actually a lot more three times the space, so it seems that they moved the handicap parade viewing to the other side of the street.

Castle_Mime_Parade.jpg

This is not a very good photo and it is older. You can see the wheelchair area on the left lower part of the photo during a slow day, I think. It is located on the center island and on the lower quarter segment of the island. It takes up about one-quarter of the center island in front of the castle. I notice that they don't have the poles and ropes up in this photo like they usually do. If you were looking straight at the castle it would be located on a clock at between the 3:00 o'clock and the 6:00 o'clock area of the center circle at the end of Main Street.

wheel-chair-parade.jpg

This is a photo of the Frontierland accessible viewing area. They have the rope and poles up on this one. Across from the handicap, area is the Hall of Presidents.

The handicapped areas for wheelchairs/mobility scooters photos are listed below.

cwdwdl123456LARGE.jpg

In the photo above you may be able to see a guest with some orange color on his shirt squatting down. That area between the two white columns against the white concrete wall all the way to the left is the area for parking your mobility scooter to watch the fireworks. They have those short little columns and a wrought iron fence, then a grassy area with a water fountain. Disney cast members will have the roped off area closer to fireworks time. That large area at the bottom of the photo is presently reserved for paid guests at the dessert party during fireworks. The earlier you get there, the more likely you can park your mobility scooter right up against the fence to watch the fireworks. The Disney cast members will allow more rows behind the first row with the ropes and poles.

This side is on the right and there is another space on the left side below.

2-23.jpg

And this is your view for the fireworks from behind the fence. The photo was taken right before closing with the streets empty.

bswdwkj123456LARGE.jpg

Here is another view of the fireworks viewing area from the opposite direction on the other side. On this side, you can see in the background Casey's Restaurant outside table umbrellas and to the right the Crystal Palace.

upload_2018-8-20_2-13-44-jpeg.345063

This Robo's great map.

disney-magic-kingdom-map.jpg

You can click on the MK Handicap Map above to enlarge it.

MK_ParadeRoute_092609.jpg

Another Robo map.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter