MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I’d be happy with being let in at 7:40, as people reported happened the other day. That should be enough time to make it to fantasyland by 7:45. I don’t understand the inconsistencies. Parades and shows happen at the same time every day, like clockwork. Rope drop happens like clockwork. It’s strange that people report such different experiences with this event.

Can somebody compared the two EMMs in terms of which you would do if you only did one? We like ALL the things at both parks. LOL So that's not easy for me to decide that way. I mean the answer can be "do both". We will be there next Feb.

I will be able to give you a comparison and contrast in 3 weeks. We are doing EMM at MK on 3/19 and HS on 3/20. We dont make it to Disney as often as some (Last time was 3 years ago) so we decided to splurge! 11 days out!

I really hope they're not over selling this Fantasyland EMM.
Were going to the EMM on Tuesday March 12th.:woohoo:excited but a little concerned:confused3

DH and i did the EMM for TSL and it was great! Never felt crowded even in such a small area.
More than enough time seeing everything as there are really only 3 rides to tackle. Well we're really not into meeting characters(that would have taken up more time) not unless we have our adult DD with us:rotfl2: Plus~~~ you also get an extra 20 minutes.

This Fantasyland Emm has a lot to more ground to cover in only an hour. an Extra 1/2 hour would have been great. I don't think were going to waste time walking to its a small world:confused: :scratchin.
At least we have a day to cancel if need be.

Thanks everyone for your reviews!!
Leaving for our drive:drive: down in 8 hours!!party:

Liz:rose:

Technically, EMM is a dining confirmation. Try linking your confirmation number with MDE dining reservations. Strange you didn’t receive an email confirmation? I received an email immediately after booking.

I tried linking the confirmation as dining, tickets (even resort stay, lol) and nothing worked. I called yesterday and they were able to do it over the phone, so who knows what happened but at least I can stop worrying :)

Can anyone who has had their 180th day recently say how far out into September the dates are showing up for, please? :thanks:

I tried linking the confirmation as dining, tickets (even resort stay, lol) and nothing worked. I called yesterday and they were able to do it over the phone, so who knows what happened but at least I can stop worrying :)

Awesome! Glad you were able to confirm and link your EMM reservation over the phone. No more worrying! :)

I booked Sunday 9/1 for my family. We are new to EMM so I wanted to give it a try. My boys aren’t big thrill riders though I have gotten them on 7DMT a couple times. That’s part of the reason for doing it at MK, bc they like more of the available attractions. We are doing a quick Labor Day trip (it will be our 5th trip this year and we do have APs) if we decide to keep the reservation (obviously we booked the trip before the SW announcement yesterday). Excited!

Question- considering adding hoppers to our passes to hit up FOP. (Not available on our AK day but was able to nab 4 for my family on our MK day at 50 days out- color me shocked).

Anyway, I am assuming as long as I have hoppers I can attend EMM at MK in the morning, and hit AK at night?

Well, due to the lack of new event dates for DAH, we decided to book EMM on 5/14! If DAH dates get released for May we'll probably switch to that, but for now I'm happy to at least have SOME opportunity to experience the park without people running into me everywhere.

It sounds like 7DMT still has pretty low waits even with the recent expansion, so we should be able to accomplish several rides there. I think I'll keep our current fastpasses though, which have us mostly in Tomorrowland after the event. We'll just aim to grab afternoon fastpasses in Adventureland and Frontierland.

Well, due to the lack of new event dates for DAH, we decided to book EMM on 5/14! If DAH dates get released for May we'll probably switch to that, but for now I'm happy to at least have SOME opportunity to experience the park without people running into me everywhere.

It sounds like 7DMT still has pretty low waits even with the recent expansion, so we should be able to accomplish several rides there. I think I'll keep our current fastpasses though, which have us mostly in Tomorrowland after the event. We'll just aim to grab afternoon fastpasses in Adventureland and Frontierland.

I gave up on May too and booked MM for HS and the MK.

Traveling with some extended family this July and we booked this for 7/16. Is the best plan to hit PP, Pooh, then 7DMT? Or does it really matter? Thanks to all those that post their experiences here! Will be watching for more leading up to ours.

Last edited:
So now that I decided to keep my 8/28-9/3 reservation I decided best way to handle crowds and get into park is the EMM and DAH and of course neither is available for my dates!!! Did book MNSSHP which I guess will sell out for these dates for the first time ever!

It sounds like 7DMT still has pretty low waits even with the recent expansion.

It does if you don't make the mistake of bee lining to 7DMT at 7:45 on the dot. You'll wait 15-20 minutes and lose much of your precious EMM time. Do 7DMT after 8:15 and you'll be walking on over and over. We did EVERY FL ride once, even the carousel, by 8:20 and rode 7DMT 5-6 times in a row as a walk on.

Last edited:
EMM Sunday 03/10 Review :

Amazing EMM experience this morning. We were staying offsite so we arrived to magic kingdom parking lot around 630 and got preferred parking. We were literally first ones waiting for security check to open in which they started just before 7 am. We were directed to resort monorail only to be told the monorail was down with technical issue. So we were told buses were taking guests to MK entrance. We still arrived to front gate by 720 am and had to go through security again and were given our EMM bracelets by 730 am. A relatively small crowd still at this point maybe 50 people behind with crowd growing behind us. We were let in promptly at 745 am and bee lined straight to FL through bridge by teacup. We hit PP first and rode it twice with no wait. By 805 am we hit Pooh and also rode it twice with no wait. Now came SDMT which was main priority, and we were able to ride it 4 times from 815 - 845 am with no more than 5 minute wait each time. One note is they never opened the shortcut to reride so some time was wasted having to exit completely and come back through the Fastpass line. We could of rode one more time but decided to line up by teacups to rope drop space mountain. They let down the ropes promptly at 9 am when the regular guests were let in. We were told not to pass the cast members as they led us to space mountain. We made it there basically at the same time if not a second earlier than regular mob guests. It is hectic as everyone is trying to squeeze into the queue but it is worth it as we waited less than 10 min and were off by 915 am. At this point we rode Buzz with about 10 min wait and were off by 930 am. At this time it was breakfast time, no wait to get our plates and plenty of tables to sit. We were done by 10 am and it was time to enjoy our 3 fastpasses. So overall even with slight morning transportation hiccup, we were able to accomplish our touring plan perfectly and the rest of our day was just as stress free and little to no wait on rides. I would definitely do this again if we were planning to come to MK for one day.

What time do ppl recommend getting to line near tomorrowland to wait for rd and go to space mtn? And we wait by the tea cups?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter