MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Thanks! I guess that's the question: do I go past HM, or take that little laneway by the castle that meets up where the normal ropedrop happens.

To the people who have ordered a Mears taxi for EMM’s does anyone know if they have car seats? We have a 7 year old with us for his first trip and didn’t know if that would be an option when ordering a taxi through them.

Thanks! I guess that's the question: do I go past HM, or take that little laneway by the castle that meets up where the normal ropedrop happens.

I've only ever done the path around by HM towards Liberty Square so can't comment specifically on the castle path, but I would imagine that path is going to be a mostly one-way street until the rope drop crowd clears, and you'd be way behind everyone else anyway.

To the people who have ordered a Mears taxi for EMM’s does anyone know if they have car seats? We have a 7 year old with us for his first trip and didn’t know if that would be an option when ordering a taxi through them.

No personal experience, but from what people report on the DHS EMM thread (where folks report using Mears quite a bit given the earlier start time), yes, they have car seats when you pre-order a vehicle.

So I’m following this thread in the hopes of buying tickets for this event for a Tuesday in September:joker:, but I’ve still been checking availability daily and thought for sure they’d open up April today! Still nothing! :worried:

And I have never taken the Haunted Mansion path! :)

I think it is like that - if you can get to the castle before they open the park - this is the best way. If you can not - definitely via Haunted Mansion.

Thanks so much for the info!
So IF I am early enough and get to the path by the castle, are you held by sleepy hollow refreshments (just past the bridge leading towards Liberty Square) or up near the castle?

Honestly can not remember... And things do change. But I think near Sleepy Hollow is the right place... There was no rope to the right of the castle.

In reality what are the chances this is no longer offered over the summer?

I’m trying to plan out my days and ADRs but if this isn’t offered I would rather change things around.... ugh I hate not knowing!

We hear ya.. my Fastpass day is coming up in the next two weeks and nothing for April yet. It affects fast passes, ADRs and transportation .
The amount of time I’ve spent getting ADRS planning what park DHS EMM ( when it was released altering plans and ADRs)
I think I’ve put more time into planning then working to pay for the trip

In reality what are the chances this is no longer offered over the summer?

I’m trying to plan out my days and ADRs but if this isn’t offered I would rather change things around.... ugh I hate not knowing!

We hear ya.. my Fastpass day is coming up in the next two weeks and nothing for April yet. It affects fast passes, ADRs and transportation .
The amount of time I’ve spent getting ADRS planning what park DHS EMM ( when it was released altering plans and ADRs)

It’s very frustrating! Not to have it by FP day is really annoying!

It’s very frustrating! Not to have it by FP day is really annoying!

I’m almost frusturated beyond the point of caring. ( clearly I’m not a mouse diehard lol) I have no doubt in my mind Disney knows exactly their plans and it’s strategic in their part but it’s not endearing to me at all.. I’m kinda like it’s an extra what $500 in their pocket if I buy tickets .. usually business I spend crazy money on I expect better service and to be this seems to be just playing with people
I don’t know how many dining reservations I have in case of this or that and I’m sure I’m not the only one sure how prolonging releasing helps anyone in the end

I’m almost frusturated beyond the point of caring. ( clearly I’m not a mouse diehard lol) I have no doubt in my mind Disney knows exactly their plans and it’s strategic in their part but it’s not endearing to me at all.. I’m kinda like it’s an extra what $500 in their pocket if I buy tickets .. usually business I spend crazy money on I expect better service and to be this seems to be just playing with people
I don’t know how many dining reservations I have in case of this or that and I’m sure I’m not the only one sure how prolonging releasing helps anyone in the end

Totally! They have to know there plans why they don’t release them is beyond me

Joining in to follow along! Just bought 4 tickets for March 5, which is my daughter's 12th birthday. I originally booked her birthday dinner at Artist Point, but she said she wants rides and not characters, so EMM it is instead!

We went this morning, 2/3, it was a lot of fun they let us in around 7:47 and we got to Fantasyland around 7:55. Hit Peter Pan twice, then Pooh Bear once, 7DMT twice, it’s a small world once, and Under the Sea once. We had a lot of fun just letting our son take everything in and the park got so crowded later in the day it really made EMM that much more worth it for us. We have another lined up at Hollywood Studios later this week, hopefully these crowds die down a little bit either way we’re still having a blast of course.

Yes this is my biggest grip as well. I already changed one of my HS days because they have not released EMM for May.(going end of april/early may) I'm sitting on a ton of dining reservation that I would love to cancel to open up for someone else but because of not knowing I have to hold on to them, normally i am not a dining hoarder and truly try to think of others but in this case you can blame disney, not me. Every morning it's a job now constantly checking to see what days this will be offered. I'm almost starting to think they are thinking of something else, some other type of event to squeeze more money out of us???? Not sure what the hold up is.

We went this morning, 2/3, it was a lot of fun they let us in around 7:47 and we got to Fantasyland around 7:55. Hit Peter Pan twice, then Pooh Bear once, 7DMT twice, it’s a small world once, and Under the Sea once. We had a lot of fun just letting our son take everything in and the park got so crowded later in the day it really made EMM that much more worth it for us. We have another lined up at Hollywood Studios later this week, hopefully these crowds die down a little bit either way we’re still having a blast of course.
Thanks for the first hand report!

Yep and I’m guessing like me any other business treating people spending big money at youd walk away from doing business with them..

Yes this is my biggest grip as well. I already changed one of my HS days because they have not released EMM for May.(going end of april/early may) I'm sitting on a ton of dining reservation that I would love to cancel to open up for someone else but because of not knowing I have to hold on to them, normally i am not a dining hoarder and truly try to think of others but in this case you can blame disney, not me. Every morning it's a job now constantly checking to see what days this will be offered. I'm almost starting to think they are thinking of something else, some other type of event to squeeze more money out of us???? Not sure what the hold up is.

There needs to be a dislike button . This is not ok.. are you going to book like it’s going to be or act like there no EMM when you book fast passes ?
When is your fp day? Mine is the 17th

I spoke with a CM via the chat function on the website...he said to check back late march...well after my fastpass day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter