MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm - my notes are not with me but I checked all of the dates this AM and all but one or two dates still had availability in Nov. So that's a very quick change over!

Or people just gobbled up reservations in hopes they are cancelled and get something in exchange. o_O

That never occurred to me to do, but now I wish I had LOL!

Well this is messy. First the whole it’s bookable, not bookable for about 2 weeks, and then bookable again. We went through that for Nov 13 and I was so happy when we finally got it.

Now not bookable. What on earth is going on there?

C’mon Disney, put your glove on and get in the game.

Last edited:
We are booked for 11/25. If 11/25 and 11/27 both get cancelled I will be so bummed as there will not be one during our trip. I hope if they cancel they do call soon though so I am not left wondering!

11/4, 11/6, 11/11, 11/13, 11/25, and 11/27 are no longer bookable... so I'm guessing those are next to be cancelled.

11/18 and 11/20 are still bookable, oddly enough.

I imagine this will also spell the end of EMM showing up 180 days out...

Hmm. I have 11/25 booked. Maybe it will all work out in the end if it’s canceled and we end up doing MVMCP that night instead. It had been a tough choice deciding which event to do anyway. We’re not morning people which is the drawback for EMM. On the other hand, it’s been years since we did a Christmas party and it seemed so crowded even back then that I can’t imagine what it’s like now. Although to be fair we had toddlers in tow back then....

They left me a vm tonight about 10/23. It said “unfortunately” we need to make an adjustment to your EMM.” Really bummed about this. Someone else said they were got 10/21 cancelled but we’re able to book 10/23 so kind of confused as well.

All these canceled dates are really a bummer. I have 11/25 booked. The only other date we could do would be 11/27 and even that would take some major juggling of the schedule. But I would take it if offered. Ugghh...I don't know what I would choose as an alternate if they cancel and the 11/27 isn't available either. Please keep posting updates! This is so frustrating!

Now I am worried! We are booked for 11/13. It is our favorite thing we do on our trip. My parents and niece have never done EMM and they were all so excited to finally experience it. I hope they don't cancel. :(

Now I am worried! We are booked for 11/13. It is our favorite thing we do on our trip. My parents and niece have never done EMM and they were all so excited to finally experience it. I hope they don't cancel. :(
Me too! We finally booked 11/13 (just DH, dd, and myself) after all the bookable/nonbookable hoopla last month- and we are really looking forward to it.

I wonder for the Tuesday emm dates that they shifted Sunday guests to, if it will feel extra crowded? I hope the volume change will be negligible. If they even still have it happen.

Anxiously awaiting...

Me too! We finally booked 11/13 (just DH, dd, and myself) after all the bookable/nonbookable hoopla last month- and we are really looking forward to it.

I wonder for the Tuesday emm dates that they shifted Sunday guests to, if it will feel extra crowded? I hope the volume change will be negligible. If they even still have it happen.

Anxiously awaiting...
Since Disney is calling people, I guess no news is good news. Crossing my fingers that our date won't be cancelled! This is the one thing we really look forward to on our trips.

Just had a call from Disney. EMMs on 21st and 28th of October have indeed been cancelled. Was offered Not So Scary party tickets but opted for 3 fast passes. These are anytime passes that can be used in any park. So, have those for the 21st and 27th (we have to leave around lunch time on the 28th so I asked if I can have fast passes for another day). And I will get my money back. Taking into account that we can now ride Avatar and Slinky with these additional fast passes, I actually think this is not too bad. And we still have EMM on the 23rd.
Still disappointed a bit to be honest...
Wow, those are some VERY special anytime fastpasses, because those type of fast passes usually exclude rides like FoP and SDD. You are very lucky!

They left me a vm tonight about 10/23. It said “unfortunately” we need to make an adjustment to your EMM.” Really bummed about this. Someone else said they were got 10/21 cancelled but we’re able to book 10/23 so kind of confused as well.

That is odd. When they called me yesterday about 10/21 the CM first offered me 10/23 as an alternative. But then he noticed I had a Yak and Yeti ADR and said, "Oh, I see you are at AK that day, let's see what else we can do". After that he mentioned MNSSHP as an alternative and I took that option.

Wow, those are some VERY special anytime fastpasses, because those type of fast passes usually exclude rides like FoP and SDD. You are very lucky!
Indeed! Disney clearly feel guilty, so the CM specifically mentioned that these FPs can be used for Avatar or Slinky. Already can see these fast passes added to my account.

And I can confirm that the CM also told me that my 23/10 EMM reservation is still good and EMM on this date will stay. So, I think it is pretty safe to assume that this one is Ok. I mean they would have to give me more than 3 fast passes if they were to cancel it now! And it is bookable.

FWIW - the dates in RED no longer show “Special Ticketed Event: 7:45AM-9:00AM” on the MK park calendar. Using the park calendar to confirm/deny EMM is not always a fully accurate method, but it can be helpful.

I have a reservation for one of those red dates in Nov so will be able to report if I get a call.

Removed Nov Dec Dates.png

Of course, the park calendar can change at any time.

I'm still shocked it's being offered Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

I am as well. The 11/4 / Wine & Dine Half date has also had me stumped too.

I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if they continue to work through removing some of these dates.

But who the heck knows..... odd times!

Have you called back yet?

FWIW - the dates in RED no longer show “Special Ticketed Event: 7:45AM-9:00AM” on the MK park calendar. Using the park calendar to confirm/deny EMM is not always a fully accurate method, but it can be helpful.

I have a reservation for one of those red dates in Nov so will be able to report if I get a call.

View attachment 339581

Of course, the park calendar can change at any time.
Thank you for doing this. If these Sunday cancellations stand (and the Tuesdays still happen), I will be very interested to hear how it affects the Tuesday emm lines. I hope it is still an incredible time for everyone.

Thank you for doing this. If these Sunday cancellations stand (and the Tuesdays still happen), I will be very interested to hear how it affects the Tuesday emm lines. I hope it is still an incredible time for everyone.

Are any of the Tuesdays sold out already? If not, they can take space out of the inventory for the Sunday people without overselling.

For instance...

Say there are 200 slots available. We’ll pretend 100 have already been sold for a given Tuesday date, leaving 100 slots. Say 25 displaced Sunday people choose to go on Tuesday. Now there are 75 available slots for Tuesday.

Hope that makes sense. I don’t think it’ll affect the Tuesday lines much, if at all. Just my thoughts!

Although I’m still a little concerned about my 10/23 date based on the post I quoted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter