MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did the EMM this morning. It was great! We arrived late (around 8) so we were frazzled getting in. But once in it was great. All 3 rides plus the carousel were running. We managed to get about 8 rides in between everything before 9.

The breakfast was good, they had a nice selection. We came in around 9:45 and they were closing up right after 10. They did come around though to let people know to get more if they wanted.

We planned to head to Space Mountain at rope drop but the kids couldn’t walk past the speedway without a ride so that’s where we went first!

We did EMM last week. Me, my parents, daughter 5 and son 2. We left contemporary at 725. Checked in at the far left of the entrance and got wrist bands. We were let into the park at EXACTLY 745, not a second earlier, then everyone walked up main st and had to go to the Left of the castle to get to fantasy land.

We ride PP x 2, SDMT x 6 (the adults switched off riding SDMT with 5yo and carousel with 2 yo), Pooh x 2. Then were first in line to meet Cinderella and Aurora at 855. Breakfst from 915-940 (it was decent food - hot, filling and nice variety). Then walked on under the sea,
Barnstormer x 2, dumbo, teacups.

I Had our FP booked from 930-1030, 1030-1130, 1130-1230. We Hit the first one at the end of the window around 1040 then the second immediately after.

It was a very productive morning -- 16 rides by noon!

With seemingly none in October, it will be interesting to see if there are any in Nov/Dec. Sort of feels like the chances are slim. But I guess we’ll see!

Well, the park hours for 10/23 are finally available and it looks like that’s not an EMM day. :( Oh well.
Also disappointed that EMM won't happen in October as I've had October 30th circled for months now. Does this mean MK will open up at 8am then on 10/30?

Last year October EMM was not available for booking till July (may be June or August I do not remember for sure but certainly much later than April). And it was quite similar - the dates till the end of September were available but not for October. So, there is hope.

We did the EMM this morning. It was great! We arrived late (around 8) so we were frazzled getting in. But once in it was great. All 3 rides plus the carousel were running. We managed to get about 8 rides in between everything before 9.

The breakfast was good, they had a nice selection. We came in around 9:45 and they were closing up right after 10. They did come around though to let people know to get more if they wanted.

We planned to head to Space Mountain at rope drop but the kids couldn’t walk past the speedway without a ride so that’s where we went first!
Did you try to ride Space after? Our plan is speedway, since it has a smaller capacity and then Space.

We've did EMM twice last year and thought it was a great value. I know the advice was to eat after 9AM but after two rides I was feeling lightheaded and it wasn't worth the wait.

Just a word of advice we had early bus issues both times and it isn't worth getting there frazzled for me so when the bus wasn't showing up the second time I panicked and got an Uber.

I’m trying to get oct 7, and just recently the date turned available/selectable, but there is no time yet. Hopefully they will load soon.

Sept 30, oct 2, 7, 9, 14, and 16 are now selectable but no times yet.

What has been everyone's plan of attack? Do you go to PP first or Seven dwarfs?

We did 7DMT first, but it truly doesn't matter. Whichever you prefer. Lines will be non-existent or VERY short either way. You can ride both repeatedly, just getting off, walking a few steps, and then turning around to board again. You should easily have time to do both at least 3 or 4 times, regardless of order, and still have time to ride Pooh and/or the Carousel. As long as you're there at the beginning, start wherever you want and do whichever you're more in the mood for in the moment. Enjoy!

I’m trying to get oct 7, and just recently the date turned available/selectable, but there is no time yet. Hopefully they will load soon.

Yes, it's weird! You can choose the date, time, and number in your party, but then it says there aren't any tables available during 6:15am-9:15am. Hmm... anyone experienced that before?

Last edited:

Yes, it's weird! You can choose the date, time, and number in your party, but then it says there aren't any tables available during 6:15am-9:15am. Hmm... anyone experienced that before?

Very interesting (and good eyes!).

Oftentimes when events like these are added, they turn "blue" first and don't show any availability, but then will start showing availability sometime soon.

I'm somewhat shocked these could be EMM dates, but stranger things have happened. Thanks for letting us know!

Very interesting (and good eyes!).

Oftentimes when events like these are added, they turn "blue" first and don't show any availability, but then will start showing availability sometime soon.

I'm somewhat shocked these could be EMM dates, but stranger things have happened. Thanks for letting us know![/QUOTE]

Ok, that's reassuring that this happens sometimes. And yes, I'm shocked they are offering dates during Columbus Day weekend/week since they haven't the last 2 years. I had resigned myself to the idea that it wasn't going to be offered. But I'm happily surprised!

Last edited:
Ok, that's reassuring that this happens sometimes. And yes, I'm shocked they are offering dates during ColumvusDay weekend/week since they haven't the last 2 years. I had resigned myself to the idea that it wasn't going to be offered. But I'm happily surprised!

The one odd thing is that the "Special Ticketed Event 7:45-9AM" thing does not show up on the various park calendars (which it usually does). And, I agree, Columbus Day weekend doesn't fit the pattern at all... but who knows what Disney is up to!

what calendar shows Special Ticketed Event for EMM?

Also, I did end up calling the reservation line, and they couldn't book me either for Oct 7, said it's not available yet.

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter