MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

MK EMM has not been selling out nearly as often as the pre-DHS EMM / pre-format change days. A quick search of March show no dates sold out. Easter Sunday (4/21) isn’t even sold out.

The same can’t be said for DHS EMM, which is more the hot hand right now.

I wouldn’t take anything for granted though, because it can sell out.
Thank you. Had wanted to wait until end of month to get tickets due to using Disney gift cards. It’s not a deal breaker so to be safe I will get them sooner rather than later.

Just finishing up breakfast. We had a great time!! They let us in around 7:40. We rode:

Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Small World
Mine Train x 3 (first time we waited MAYBE 5 minutes, second two times were complete walk ons)
Little Mermaid
Teacups

Then we went to rope drop Space Mountain. They held us right in between Cosmic Rays and the Teacups, and then right when the fireworks went off they let walk until we reached tomorrow land right before speedway. Then when the rope drop masses approached, they merged our crowd with theirs- we were towards the front. It was basically a walk on and we were off by 9:15. Then we took a photopass photo, and went to Buzz where the posted wait was 15 but we only waited 5. Then we came to breakfast and here we are :)

I would 100% say this is worth the money and I think it'll be a permanent fixture in our trips going forward. It's so nice to not feel rushed and get to experience a nearly empty park.
So glad to hear you had a great experience. Thank you for the update

Just finishing up breakfast. We had a great time!! They let us in around 7:40. We rode:

Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Small World
Mine Train x 3 (first time we waited MAYBE 5 minutes, second two times were complete walk ons)
Little Mermaid
Teacups

Then we went to rope drop Space Mountain. They held us right in between Cosmic Rays and the Teacups, and then right when the fireworks went off they let walk until we reached tomorrow land right before speedway. Then when the rope drop masses approached, they merged our crowd with theirs- we were towards the front. It was basically a walk on and we were off by 9:15. Then we took a photopass photo, and went to Buzz where the posted wait was 15 but we only waited 5. Then we came to breakfast and here we are :)

I would 100% say this is worth the money and I think it'll be a permanent fixture in our trips going forward. It's so nice to not feel rushed and get to experience a nearly empty park.

Thank you for the report. I’ve been waiting to hear a recent SM rope drop with EMM. Glad you would make it towards the front of RD crowds.

Did this this morning. I know it's tough, but avoiding 7dmr until 8:15-8:20 is key as it had a nice line up til then:
Teacups
Pooh
PP x2
7dmr x4
PP
Then ropedrop BTMR: went around the haunted mansion way..worked out well...within the first 4 rows of the walking crowd when merged. Only one train was open and the other one wasn't going to run til 10:00 so we went to splash and pirates after...both walk on.
10:30-12:30 FP HM,buzz,space. Nap time now and pulled an early evening space FP.

Loved the EMM. A real splurge for us given the price point but will probably add it to our annual trips henceforth.

We are thinking of doing BTM as our rope drop ride after EMM. Has their been good luck going that direction? What is the best way to leave EMM to go there?

We are thinking of doing BTM as our rope drop ride after EMM. Has their been good luck going that direction? What is the best way to leave EMM to go there?

We have gone to BTMR at rope drop 2 out of our three EMM experiences. Both times, the ride didn’t open at rope drop (it ended up opening between 10 and 11). I am not sure how common it is or whether we are extraordinarily unlucky.

Did this this morning. I know it's tough, but avoiding 7dmr until 8:15-8:20 is key as it had a nice line up til then:
Teacups
Pooh
PP x2
7dmr x4
PP
Then ropedrop BTMR: went around the haunted mansion way..worked out well...within the first 4 rows of the walking crowd when merged. Only one train was open and the other one wasn't going to run til 10:00 so we went to splash and pirates after...both walk on.
10:30-12:30 FP HM,buzz,space. Nap time now and pulled an early evening space FP.

Loved the EMM. A real splurge for us given the price point but will probably add it to our annual trips henceforth.
Thank you for posting your experience, this is almost exactly what we want to do in May. Did you do the breakfast? I’ve been trying to figure out when to fit it in since it’s a bit of backtracking to go to Frontierland at rope drop instead of Tommorowland. Have a wonderful rest of your trip!

Has anyone done the breakfast as the very first thing? Seeing as though it seems like a good idea to wait a bit before hitting SDMT, it made me wonder?

Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Small World
Little Mermaid
Teacups

We followed the same strategy on Tuesday. After SM and Buzz, we backtracked to breakfast which worked out perfect.
This and the EMM at TSL were great for our short, 3.5 day trip. We accomplished a lot in a short period of time during both events. Definitely recommend.

Can somebody compared the two EMMs in terms of which you would do if you only did one? We like ALL the things at both parks. LOL So that's not easy for me to decide that way. I mean the answer can be "do both". We will be there next Feb.

Can somebody compared the two EMMs in terms of which you would do if you only did one? We like ALL the things at both parks. LOL So that's not easy for me to decide that way. I mean the answer can be "do both". We will be there next Feb.

I really like TSL and think it's tons of fun, but the rest of DHS isn't a fam favorite (kids are 8 and 4), so we generally like MK better overall as it's a better setup for a park day. Knocking out so many rides/experiences with MK EMM, a few more at rope drop, breakfast, then start using FPs. We can have a heck of a MK day and be back for afternoon pool time. :-)

But the same could be said for TSL EMM too.

I really like TSL and think it's tons of fun, but the rest of DHS isn't a fam favorite (kids are 8 and 4), so we generally like MK better overall as it's a better setup for a park day. Knocking out so many rides/experiences with MK EMM, a few more at rope drop, breakfast, then start using FPs. We can have a heck of a MK day and be back for afternoon pool time. :-)

We have literally never left the parks for a pool day. LOL I don't think we do during the right times of year.

I wonder if they're going to still do the TSL EMM after SW open...

ps- y'all ever wonder if people open the forum, see all the abbreviations and just give up and click close? LOL

A pool/nap afternoon is big selling point for us. Plus, this is a one day trip before a cruise - so less lines, more rides, and still back for a nap sounds great.

Has anyone done the breakfast as the very first thing? Seeing as though it seems like a good idea to wait a bit before hitting SDMT, it made me wonder?

Sure you could but you're paying for the 7:45-9am time, not the 9am-10am time. Why waste it on breakfast? Ride all of the other Fantasyland rides for the first minutes until the 7DMT line becomes a walk on. Then eat at 9am.

If we are starving and still un-caffeinated we will swing through and grab a pastry and coffee first but that's it.

Eesh! Just booked this for next week-I am not thrilled to be paying for both this and DHS EMM but the crowd calendar keeps climbing and I’m particularly worried about the MK crowds. I was astonished there was still availability. I need to go research strategies! Thoughts about how long it will take us to Uber over to AK after for my next fastpasses? I have a 9:35-10:35 Everest FP.

Eesh! Just booked this for next week-I am not thrilled to be paying for both this and DHS EMM but the crowd calendar keeps climbing and I’m particularly worried about the MK crowds. I was astonished there was still availability. I need to go research strategies! Thoughts about how long it will take us to Uber over to AK after for my next fastpasses? I have a 9:35-10:35 Everest FP.

If you are planning on eating breakfast after 9:00 I think that’s a tight time frame. Probably doable, but not my idea of fun. We like to ride something small, then get breakfast around 9:30-ish, then go on with our day. If you don’t have any young kids it will be easier, I’m trying to picture rushing our kids out, and me wanting to get a pp photo, etc, and them whining about it... we just can’t move that fast lol!! Also with Uber you have to get to the TTC so add the ferry or monorail in to your time. Can you move your Everest fp back a bit? Or take a Minnie Van which you can get right at the MK.

Do you have to take the bridge all the way to the teacups when going to EMM? Or can you take the pathway next to Merida’s fairytale garden, towards old fantasyland?

Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Small World
Little Mermaid
Teacups

This is a great report, thank you! We want to Rope Drop SM as well (doing it tomorrow) and was wondering where they hold the EMM crowd for rope drop (with the new breakfast location). Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter