MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Is anyone at MK EMM today? I'm checking the app and it looks like Small World and Peter Pan aren't running. Have theses two rides been taken out of the EMM deal or are they just down today? Have you been offered compensation?
Not there today... but when I last went to EMM Peter Pan was down the entire time. We were able to go back anytime before noon and use the fast pass line

We're attending EMM at MK on June 30, & I'm trying to plan out the rest of our morning. Will we have time to ride Space & Buzz at rope drop before hitting breakfast? Or should we plan on doing just one?
Will we need a FP+ for Tomorrowland Speedway if we go right after breakfast? I'd like to save our FPs for the afternoon, if possible.

We're attending EMM at MK on June 30, & I'm trying to plan out the rest of our morning. Will we have time to ride Space & Buzz at rope drop before hitting breakfast? Or should we plan on doing just one?
Will we need a FP+ for Tomorrowland Speedway if we go right after breakfast? I'd like to save our FPs for the afternoon, if possible.
We’ll be there on June 30, too! We just did it March 31 and we found that we only had time to rope drop one big ride if we still wanted time for breakfast. Those crowds come in FAST at 9! Also, FYI: We finished breakfast a little before 10 and asked the CM at teacups if our EMM bands let us use the fp line for fantasyland before 10 and they said yes and let us go. Not sure if that works for all of the rides but it was a fun bonus for us!

Oh wow. We’d originally planned to do EMM on the 30th June but last minute decided to change to the 25th June so we could hop over to DHS afterwards and do the Star Wars dessert party that night. We’ll be doing the before plaza garden dessert party on the 30th though.

Hi! :wave2:

:welcome:

Are you the only adult in your party? If so, I would just tell you to do all the rides where all three of you can ride that don't have restrictions. Mine Train, the headliner in MK is a 38 inch limit I believe. Your 6 year old is fine, but your 1 year old couldn't do it. :worried: Small World, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Pooh, It's a Small World, should all be good for you. I believe all those are open for EMM, I know they are on EMH. Another DISer will help if I'm wrong. :P

Thank you! Two adults and two children. :) Have FastPass+ right now for Dumbo (unless it’s included in EMM), Barnstormer and Speedway after EMM. Will do Rider Swap at the rides the baby can’t go on.

What is the best way (fastest) to actually get to MK for EMM? We are doing EMM in May and will be staying at Pop. We will have our car, so we could drive to TTC, take the bus, or take a Minnie van. I’m just not sure what would be the fastest depending on availability that time of morning.
We pre-booked a Mears taxi the morning we did EMM staying at Pop Century. We did Contemporary as our drop off location and walked over to MK from there. This might not be an option for you, though, if you need a car seat. If you needed a car seat, I would just plan on the bus. You could check Minnie Van availability that morning, but on occasion I’ve found very long wait times for these so I’d have a back-up plan if wanting to try to take a Minnie Van.

Thank you! Two adults and two children. :) Have FastPass+ right now for Dumbo (unless it’s included in EMM), Barnstormer and Speedway after EMM. Will do Rider Swap at the rides the baby can’t go on.
No, Dumbo isn’t included in EMM. It would be really nice if it were! We’ve always been to get it as an additional FP after using all 3 of ours, though.

We’ll be there on June 30, too! We just did it March 31 and we found that we only had time to rope drop one big ride if we still wanted time for breakfast. Those crowds come in FAST at 9! Also, FYI: We finished breakfast a little before 10 and asked the CM at teacups if our EMM bands let us use the fp line for fantasyland before 10 and they said yes and let us go. Not sure if that works for all of the rides but it was a fun bonus for us!
What rides did they let you do this with? Just tea cups?

What rides did they let you do this with? Just tea cups?
We only asked about teacups but our logic was it was one of the included rides. I would think it might work on the other included rides and meet and greets. The event is scheduled until 10...

Not there today... but when I last went to EMM Peter Pan was down the entire time. We were able to go back anytime before noon and use the fast pass line

Did you have to stand in a line to talk to a cast member/ customer service? Just curious how they go about giving EMM guests access to rides when the rides are down during EMM.

EMM today April 28, 2019:

This is the first time we do this with the expanded format and breakfast change. I have to admit that we were a bit disappointed mostly by the breakfast. More on that later..
Arrived 6:55 AM at the magic kingdom parking entrance. Free parking.
The resort monorail was our only option, but it seemed to be not running for a while, so we couldn’t get on the monorail from TTC till 7:25am. I was worried that we were going to miss the start. But the scan through and wrist band procedure was very quick. They let us in at 7:43, just a couple of minutes after we got scanned. We did:
WTP x 1 went though standby line, although it was a walk on. Not sure why not use FP line.
7DMT x 1 standby line - 10 min wait
PP x 2 FP line. Walk on
7DMT x 4 a couple of times through standby then they started letting us through FP line. Wait times ranged from 10 minutes to walk ons.

Didn’t Want to rope drop anything since we had FPs so took a video of the rope drop crowd coming on to 7DMT, then did buzz, which was a walk on mostly. The we went to breakfast.
It was a huge difference in quality than what we had in previous EMM. I did expect it was not as good after reading all reports here, but really, it was worse than what we expected. Not going to go into details, but I hope they consider going back to Pinocchio.

Overall, we did what we wanted in terms of rides, but we did see a bigger increase in crowds for the event, and having to go through standby lines wasting precious time. Breakfast is probably the reason which I’m going to think twice about doing this again. But for people who do not care for the food, I think this is still valuable.

This is the first time we do this with the expanded format and breakfast change. I have to admit that we were a bit disappointed mostly by the breakfast. More on that later..
The resort monorail was our only option, but it seemed to be not running for a while, so we couldn’t get on the monorail from TTC till 7:25am. I was worried that we were going to miss the start. But the scan through and wrist band procedure was very quick. They let us in at 7:43, just a couple of minutes after we got scanned. We did:
WTP x 1 went though standby line, although it was a walk on. Not sure why not use FP line.
PP x 2 FP line. Walk on
7DMT x 4 a couple of times through standby then they started letting us through FP line. Wait times ranged from 10 minutes to walk ons.

Didn’t Want to rope drop anything since we had FPs so took a video of the rope drop crowd coming on to 7DMT, then did buzz, which was a walk on mostly. The we went to breakfast.
It was a huge difference in quality than what we had in previous EMM. I did expect it was not as good after reading all reports here, but really, it was worse than what we expected. Not going to go into details, but I hope they consider going back to Pinocchio.

Overall, we did what we wanted in terms of rides, but we did see a bigger increase in crowds for the event, and having to go through standby lines wasting precious time. Breakfast is probably the reason which I’m going to think twice about doing this again. But for people who do not care for the food, I think this is still valuable.
Thank you for your insight!

PP x 2 FP line. Walk on

Thank you for the honest review. The food is important to us and it’s annoying that they changed it. I don’t know if I’m keeping it. I appreciate your post!

Thank you for the honest review. The food is important to us and it’s annoying that they changed it. I don’t know if I’m keeping it. I appreciate your post!

Aww...I hate to hear someone cancelling because of a change Disney made that wasn't as good as the first. :worried: But since the breakfast is important to you, I DO understand. Luckily for my family, I don't take that into consideration as my family eats kosher and couldn't do the breakfast anyway. Maybe the fresh fruits and yogurt would be good and the juices and coffee, but I would strictly be doing the EMM for the access to Fantasyland rides without the crowds. Let us know what you decide no matter what. :hug:

I believe you just show them your wristband from that morning's EMM!

This! When we checked at the very end of EMM to see if PP had opened and it hadn't, the cast members waiting there let us know we could come back anytime before noon and just show our wristbands to get in the FP line. I guess that means we probably could have ridden multiple times but PP is a once per trip ride for us.

PP x 2 FP line. Walk on

I have been off the boards for quite some time - and missed the change in breakfast. What has changed? We LOVED the breakfast - and definitely made the cost a little easier to swallow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter