• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I may have missed it, but... why are they cancelling EMH in September? Is it because of SWGE, or are they doing away with EMH as a whole?
We have plans to attend in August... it's one of my favorite extras because of the decreased crowds and open air. I'm one of those unlikely Disney fans: I hate crowds and lots of congestion, so this is really a "worth it" extra for me. I'm just curious if anyone knows why they're cancelling it.

The assumption is they will be switching to earlier park openings at 8am, September is usually 9am unless there is a EMH, to absorb the SGE crowds at that time. Thus negating the possibility to hold EMM.

On a personal not Im REALLY UNHAPPY with the way they have chosen to handle the SGE impact for those of us not interested in SGE and just caught up in the whirlwind. EMM was going to be on of my primary tools to allow us to enjoy our park time during this whole mess and they are taking that away to let people into the parks an hour earlier? Stinks.

The assumption is they will be switching to earlier park openings at 8am, September is usually 9am unless there is a EMH, to absorb the SGE crowds at that time. Thus negating the possibility to hold EMM.

On a personal not Im REALLY UNHAPPY with the way they have chosen to handle the SGE impact for those of us not interested in SGE and just caught up in the whirlwind. EMM was going to be on of my primary tools to allow us to enjoy our park time during this whole mess and they are taking that away to let people into the parks an hour earlier? Stinks.

I completely agree! We are moving our trip because Disney moved earlier the opening of SWGE. We will probably want to see it eventually, but have NO interest in being near the hordes that will be going in the first few months.

It’s so frustrating to do ALL the planning necessary to go to WDW and then have to change dates and do it all over again. I feel your pain!!!

It’s so frustrating to do ALL the planning necessary to go to WDW and then have to change dates and do it all over again. I feel your pain!!!

And I was upset about the "late fall" turning into "late summer" to begin with as we booked our September trip completely based off of that announcement. But I took a deep breath and got over it and decided to use the tools at hand, things like EMM, to make the trip enjoyable. And now Disney has ripped those away, assumedly because of SGE. Honestly not the biggest SGE fan at the moment.

We currently have DAH MK booked for our trip. Do you think it would be worth it to book EMM as well? Or a waste of money since we are doing DAH.

We currently have DAH MK booked for our trip. Do you think it would be worth it to book EMM as well? Or a waste of money since we are doing DAH.

Really hard to say. So many variables with group ages, touring styles, etc that it's a pretty personal assessment. Both have various pluses and minuses and are quite different in terms of the overall experience.

What's the age range of your traveling party and do you prefer AMs or PMs? (If you don't mind me asking)

Really hard to say. So many variables with group ages, touring styles, etc that it's a pretty personal assessment. Both have various pluses and minuses and are quite different in terms of the overall experience.

What's the age range of your traveling party and do you prefer AMs or PMs? (If you don't mind me asking)

We are three adults age range 24-31. We don't really have a reference when it comes to AM or PM. We definitely want to do DAH, just trying to see if EMM would be worthwhile for us.

Thank you!

We are three adults age range 24-31. We don't really have a reference when it comes to AM or PM. We definitely want to do DAH, just trying to see if EMM would be worthwhile for us.

Thank you!

My default feeling for a group of younger adults is that DAH will give you all the MK time you'd want and EMM could be pretty repetitive. Granted, if you just LOVE MK and want to max MK time with the freedom of low/lower waits for a decent chunk of rides, both have their place. (In full disclosure, doing both is something I'd do)

Some of it may come down to your feelings on 7DMT. It's hard to ride 7DMT "over and over again" at DAH because the ride has trouble shaking the line (unlike most other rides during DAH). Think 15-30 mins for all but the very end. You will generally have much better results for 7DMT during EMM in terms of multiple rides and better waits.

One other bigger difference is the "clock is ticking" feeling with EMM. 1 hour and 15 minutes goes by in a flash if you're not careful. The clock is still ticking with DAH, but with 3 hours of event time (plus getting into the park at 7 if so inclined), makes for a more drawn out/relaxing experience.

Lol, so as you can see, I'm all full of conflicting advice. :-)

We are interested in MK EMM. However, we have someone with celiac in our group. Can we request a gluten free breakfast? It seems that it is pre plated from what I have read. *sorry I just noticed a EMM thread. I should have posted there.

We are interested in MK EMM. However, we have someone with celiac in our group. Can we request a gluten free breakfast? It seems that it is pre plated from what I have read.

People on the MK EMM thread have generally reported good experiences with food allergies and EMM. I have read (and witnessed) separately plated items available, although I am not sure of the logistics/notice/communication in advance for it to be available. Like with most Disney things, they seem to take the topic very seriously and are very accommodating.

If you don’t get what you need on this thread, I’d suggest posting the question on this thread as well: MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I booked HS and the MK EMM’s before they released the DAH dates and will be cancelling the EMM’s. For me it was the idea of being out until midnight to 1 am on some days but having to get up and out at 6am or so on others. I can’t do both, although I’d love to!

Hi all,

First trip for my 6 year old and 1 year old coming up in early June. Have MK EMM reserved for 6/9. Any advice on how to plan it with small children? The 6yr old is right at 44 inches. Thank you!

Hi all,

First trip for my 6 year old and 1 year old coming up in early June. Have MK EMM reserved for 6/9. Any advice on how to plan it with small children? The 6yr old is right at 44 inches. Thank you!

Hi! :wave2:

:welcome:

Are you the only adult in your party? If so, I would just tell you to do all the rides where all three of you can ride that don't have restrictions. Mine Train, the headliner in MK is a 38 inch limit I believe. Your 6 year old is fine, but your 1 year old couldn't do it. :worried: Small World, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Pooh, It's a Small World, should all be good for you. I believe all those are open for EMM, I know they are on EMH. Another DISer will help if I'm wrong. :P

What is the best way (fastest) to actually get to MK for EMM? We are doing EMM in May and will be staying at Pop. We will have our car, so we could drive to TTC, take the bus, or take a Minnie van. I’m just not sure what would be the fastest depending on availability that time of morning.

What is the best way (fastest) to actually get to MK for EMM? We are doing EMM in May and will be staying at Pop. We will have our car, so we could drive to TTC, take the bus, or take a Minnie van. I’m just not sure what would be the fastest depending on availability that time of morning.

Hi, :welcome: to the DIS!

I have not personally done EMM from Pop, but generally speaking people tend to report no/minimal issues with Disney buses from the resorts. There tend to be a lot of MK buses at the resorts early morning for PPO ADRs and such.

I’d prefer bus over driving/TTC/monorail, etc.

Have fun!

We are also staying at POP and are scheduled for EMM on 5/14. I had searched this exact same question on the boards and found that most people said there were no issues getting to MK for EMM.

Is anyone at MK EMM today? I'm checking the app and it looks like Small World and Peter Pan aren't running. Have theses two rides been taken out of the EMM deal or are they just down today? Have you been offered compensation?

I had posted that the fast passes for my September 17th EMM didn't show all my group so I emailed Disney to ask about it. Now I am really confused - Do we or don't we get 8 fastpasses per person for the rides in Fantasyland? I didn't really think to ask the cast member on the phone to clarify the details of the fastpasses when he offered them to me, because this is the answer that I got from the help line at Disney. They are saying only 3 extra fastpasses.

Based on the information provided in your e-mail, I was able to partner with the Internet Help Desk. We were able to confirm that at this time your 3 "Multiple Experiences" Fastpass®+ Selections for September 17th, 2019 are indeed made for each of these four Guests

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter