MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We are planning to hit Splash Mountain and BTMR after EMM. Any thoughts on how much time this will take? My youngest will probably get breakfast with grandparents while my husband and I take the older two. We’d like to meet at HM when we are done - just trying to guesstimate our time. Thanks!

Did EMM this past week. It was a delightful experience, but a tip for anyone who might run into the same situation - I ended up kicking myself for ignoring the "low wait time" rides. We rode Peter Pan, Mine Train (3 times), and Pooh at a leisurely pace, thinking the other lines would be short and sweet in the early morning park hours, even after rope drop. At rope drop we did Little Mermaid and then had a snack... after that we walked to Dumbo to find a 45 minute wait, went to the Teacups to see a 40 minute wait, and finally settled on Small World which was a 35 minute wait. I have a Touring Plans subscription and don't think the wait times were projected to be that high - so an fyi, my advice would be, if you can squeeze in the 'low wait time' rides, go ahead and do it, you never know what the morning will look like, even if you're there right after rope drop! People definitely seem to flock to Fantasyland at rope drop so even rides like Small World can build up a line quickly.

Did EMM this past week. It was a delightful experience, but a tip for anyone who might run into the same situation - I ended up kicking myself for ignoring the "low wait time" rides. We rode Peter Pan, Mine Train (3 times), and Pooh at a leisurely pace, thinking the other lines would be short and sweet in the early morning park hours, even after rope drop. At rope drop we did Little Mermaid and then had a snack... after that we walked to Dumbo to find a 45 minute wait, went to the Teacups to see a 40 minute wait, and finally settled on Small World which was a 35 minute wait. I have a Touring Plans subscription and don't think the wait times were projected to be that high - so an fyi, my advice would be, if you can squeeze in the 'low wait time' rides, go ahead and do it, you never know what the morning will look like, even if you're there right after rope drop! People definitely seem to flock to Fantasyland at rope drop so even rides like Small World can build up a line quickly.

I'm sure spring break crowds compound that problem! Good tip though. :)

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of happening when i go 5/26. We only have the one day in mk so I'm going up try and hit some of the low wait rides but we'll see how it pans out. Thanks for the heads up.

I am booked for July 21st! This will be my 3rd time doing this event (2nd time with the new structure). I love this event and find it especially helpful in the summer to get Fantasyland done in the early morning hours before it gets unbearably hot.

DAH dates were finally released, so we'll most likely be cancelling our EMM on May 14! :D I'm so happy we get to sleep in!

Hi - I apologize if this is answered elsewhere - I have been looking and see so many conflicting answers! I booked an EMM because I did not think they were releasing DAH for May. And then they did. I cancelled but have received a confirmation that I cancelled. Since it is not a hard ticketed event, I should get my money back, correct? Does anyone have experience with this? How long did it take for you to received your refund?

Thanks so much!

Hi - I apologize if this is answered elsewhere - I have been looking and see so many conflicting answers! I booked an EMM because I did not think they were releasing DAH for May. And then they did. I cancelled but have received a confirmation that I cancelled. Since it is not a hard ticketed event, I should get my money back, correct? Does anyone have experience with this? How long did it take for you to received your refund?

Thanks so much!

It takes 3-5 days to get the refund.

Thanks so much!

Email cancellation confirmations have been wonky lately, used to be solid but recently it’s been hit or miss for me.

Exactly when you get the refund is more dependent on your credit card company than Disney, but for me it’s usually 3-5 days as well.

Enjoy DAH!

If l am staying AKL-Kidani, what time would I need to leave to make EMM at MK? Best mode of transportation. Two adults/two children. I am willing to Uber vs bus if this is more reliable.

If l am staying AKL-Kidani, what time would I need to leave to make EMM at MK? Best mode of transportation. Two adults/two children. I am willing to Uber vs bus if this is more reliable.

We did EMM from Kidani last year. We took the first bus from Kidani at 6:30 and were the only ones on. (The driver commented that we'd be waiting awhile, not sure he knew about EMM). We got there at 7 so plenty of time. I wouldn't hesitate to bus again and that's what we plan on doing.

As of now, still forecasting thunderstorms for the morning of April 2nd. If this holds up we will not do the EMM. I would have until Monday, April 1st before midnight to cancel, correct? If not please let me know the correct cancellation times.

We did EMM from Kidani last year. We took the first bus from Kidani at 6:30 and were the only ones on. (The driver commented that we'd be waiting awhile, not sure he knew about EMM). We got there at 7 so plenty of time. I wouldn't hesitate to bus again and that's what we plan on doing.
I was thinking maybe a Minnie Van, but good to know the buses run early and on time! Did your bus make multiple stops, or was it direct AKL to MK?

I feel like our experience with EMM last Sunday wasn’t the norm, so I’m curious what others have experienced. We have done EMM in the past when it was just the three rides and breakfast at PVH. This was our first experience with the new format. It was extremely chaotic when we arrived at MK shortly after 7. In the past, I find arriving between 7:10 to 7:25 to be ample time. Any earlier, and I listen to my DD complain about how I woke her up early just to stand outside the MK. :sad2: This trip, we were doing EMM on our check-out morning, so we had been awake for a while packing and getting our luggage checked in. When a bus arrived to MK at 6:40-ish, we decided just to go. I warned DD we would have a bit of a wait once we got there, but I wanted to take that particular bus since it was there and we didn’t know when the next one would come along.

In the past, we have experienced that EMM is considered a “dining reservation,” and any CM with a tablet had the ability to scan our MB and send us over for wristbands. We got to a CM with a tablet and were told no, that was strictly dining reservations; EMM was a separate line. She pointed to a gigantic mass of people backed up towards the monorail. I had assumed the large group was there because they had gotten off the monorail and didn’t realize there were different lines.

We joined the back of the line. It creeped along very slowly. We discovered there were only two CMs checking in for EMM, and their tablets weren’t working so they were using clipboards instead. It was craziness. It was 7:42 by the time we had out wristbands and had tapped our MBs. Usually my DD complains that I have gotten us to the MK waaaayyyyy too early and will sit down on the ground, which she did automatically this time. I told her not to as we would be let in any minute (a line she hears from me often at Disney...), but she did it anyway. It was less than a minute later that they let us into the MK.

We are accustomed to being routed to the left of the castle upon being let in. We automatically went that way, but when we got to a CM, we were told EMM had to go around the castle the opposite way. We had to show our wristbands as we went past the CMs standing there. There were a few more CMs with clipboards and extra wristbands for anyone who didn’t have them.

It was lucky we arrived at MK as early as we did! We literally didn’t have a minute to spare before they let us in. Even with our mistake heading around the castle the wrong way, we were able to do all of the rides (we did SDMT twice) and had a very, very fun morning. I love the new format. It felt so nice that we were essentially done (other than meeting Ariel and ETWB) with Fantasyland once the park opened. We grabbed a pastry for DD from the breakfast at about 9:30, otherwise we skipped it entirely.

So I have a few questions from our experience for others who have done this. We have plans to do EMM again in July, and I would appreciate feedback from others who have done this.
1. Is EMM now a separate check-in line from dining reservations? If so, how many CMs are usually checking in? (Two did not feel adequate, although maybe it is faster when the tablets are functioning.)
2. Which way are people being routed around the castle for EMM?

We were also there last Sunday and I had the same experience with checking in. It was a lot longer and much more chaotic than our last time in December and we didn’t make it until 7:45 to scan in our bands. We ended up going on the left side of the castle and I have no idea if that was correct or not!

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve been following this thread for a while now and I had a few questions. But first, thank you all for all the informative EMM info. I debated purchasing it for my family’s first trip in May and finally made the the decision to do it because of all the info I’ve read on here, so thanks again.
Now some background, family is myself, DW, DS8 and DD6. We’re staying at Poly. We are all early risers and are up 6:15-6:30 so I feel that making it to MK for 7ish shouldn’t be an issue.
Now the questions, does it seem like the check in madness is due to high crowd levels? Most of the more recent posts here seem to be the ones stating that issue. We’re going the first Sunday in May and it’s supposed to be a lower crowd level .

Also, my daughter has numerous food allergies. Do you think they would be able to do anything for her at Cosmic Rays? I’m not looking for anything crazy but maybe some fresh cut fruit. I’m also bring in a full breakfast and lunch for her just in case. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter