MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We did EMM yesterday 3/5 on my daughter’s birthday. Was kinda a bust for us mostly due to crappy weather.

We got to TTC at 6:50am. Went through bag check, but were stopped at the monorail entrance and told that transportation from TTC did not start until 8am. (Saw the ferry running - was just leaving the dock but they would not let us go). We were sent around to the bus area instead. Asked someone else, they also said 8am but they were starting earlier just for today. Hmmm but Okay. So we waited with a small group and eventually a bus came. Went through bag check - again. Got our wrist bands with just minutes to spare...

It was 7:49 when we were let in.

Kids went to Mine Train. Husband and I rode PP then Pooh. It was a breezy 51 degrees... about 8:15 it started raining. Just a steady drizzle but heavy enough to poncho up. Cold and wet feet and faces. Kids rode Mine Train again. Then PP. Pooh was down at this point. 8:45 we gave up and went inside for breakfast, mostly to get out of the cold rain. We thought the breakfast was okay. It was more than enough food for us. Two bays were open and it was easy to get our plates.

Oldest daughter took off for Space at RD and was able to ride with a very short wait.

I’d probably like to try it again in better weather.

I attended Tuesday, March 5th - and agree with the PP - the weather was not our friend this morning....

I arrived by bus around 7:20 am; very easy to get my wristband and get in line by the railroad station. At 7:45 am, they announced they were still waiting for “Tinkerbell” to show up and get things started; when you’re paying big $$ for each minute of a short event, this was not a welcome announcement. My watch showed they let us in around 7:48 am - which corresponds with the PP, at said we were let in at 7:49 am. I stopped for one Photopass op on Main Street; I arrived in Fantasyland at around 7:53 am.

Most people were heading to 7DMT, so I decided to meet the Princesses. Was in & out for all four princesses in 10 minutes; no line whatsoever. Then walked over for a short line for Peter Pan; I might have waited 8 minutes here?? After leaving there, it was starting to mist - but made my way over to 7DMT. They were sending us in the Standby line at this point, and there was perhaps a 10-minute wait. By the time I actually got on the ride, the mist had turned to a steady drizzle - and it was COLD. My pictures are hysterical, because I had donned my poncho at this point, but with the wind blowing, I look like a ghost!! I rode it a 2nd time, and we were STILL going through the standby line, but a much shorter wait this time. By my 3rd trip, they had opened up the “shortcut” in the FastPass line, which was nice. I rode it several more times, getting off around 8:45 am. I decided to walk over to breakfast, but then saw that Pooh was open, so hopped into line for that.

Getting out of Pooh, the masses of barbarians had arrived, and so I fought against the crowds ALL heading to 7DMT and made my way to Cosmic Ray’s. Be warned that 99% of the people/traffic are heading IN to Fantasyland; you’re trying to head OUT of you’re heading to breakfast. It was a melee, and you have to be very careful and aggressive to NOT get ran over by speeding strollers!!!

It was a relief to go inside for breakfast, as it was really raining now. I am Celiac, and was able to talk to a chef, who made me both French toast sticks and waffles, gluten-free. Delicious. I waited perhaps 8 minutes for my plate...but hey, at least I was warm!!!

I’d done this event several times when it first came out, and I prefer the “old” way - fewer tickets sold, with breakfast at the old Pinocchio Haus. It was so easy to head over there and not fight like a salmon swimming upstream. :)

The one thing I like is that if the weather is supposed to turn sour for your date you can cancel the day before and not risk that much money, right?

I've searched but can't find the specifics - we just booked last week over the phone and I was given a confirmation number but no email and I can't find where to link to MDE on my phone. What am I missing?

I've searched but can't find the specifics - we just booked last week over the phone and I was given a confirmation number but no email and I can't find where to link to MDE on my phone. What am I missing?

Technically, EMM is a dining confirmation. Try linking your confirmation number with MDE dining reservations. Strange you didn’t receive an email confirmation? I received an email immediately after booking.

Yeah, try Link Dining on the app.

It’s not unusual to not get an email when booking by phone, sometimes I have, mostly I haven’t, it’s strange.

Sorry about the weather. Which princesses did you meet? Are there separate lines for each ?

I attended Tuesday, March 5th - and agree with the PP - the weather was not our friend this morning....

I arrived by bus around 7:20 am; very easy to get my wristband and get in line by the railroad station. At 7:45 am, they announced they were still waiting for “Tinkerbell” to show up and get things started; when you’re paying big $$ for each minute of a short event, this was not a welcome announcement. My watch showed they let us in around 7:48 am - which corresponds with the PP, at said we were let in at 7:49 am. I stopped for one Photopass op on Main Street; I arrived in Fantasyland at around 7:53 am.

Most people were heading to 7DMT, so I decided to meet the Princesses. Was in & out for all four princesses in 10 minutes; no line whatsoever. Then walked over for a short line for Peter Pan; I might have waited 8 minutes here?? After leaving there, it was starting to mist - but made my way over to 7DMT. They were sending us in the Standby line at this point, and there was perhaps a 10-minute wait. By the time I actually got on the ride, the mist had turned to a steady drizzle - and it was COLD. My pictures are hysterical, because I had donned my poncho at this point, but with the wind blowing, I look like a ghost!! I rode it a 2nd time, and we were STILL going through the standby line, but a much shorter wait this time. By my 3rd trip, they had opened up the “shortcut” in the FastPass line, which was nice. I rode it several more times, getting off around 8:45 am. I decided to walk over to breakfast, but then saw that Pooh was open, so hopped into line for that.

Getting out of Pooh, the masses of barbarians had arrived, and so I fought against the crowds ALL heading to 7DMT and made my way to Cosmic Ray’s. Be warned that 99% of the people/traffic are heading IN to Fantasyland; you’re trying to head OUT of you’re heading to breakfast. It was a melee, and you have to be very careful and aggressive to NOT get ran over by speeding strollers!!!

It was a relief to go inside for breakfast, as it was really raining now. I am Celiac, and was able to talk to a chef, who made me both French toast sticks and waffles, gluten-free. Delicious. I waited perhaps 8 minutes for my plate...but hey, at least I was warm!!!

I’d done this event several times when it first came out, and I prefer the “old” way - fewer tickets sold, with breakfast at the old Pinocchio Haus. It was so easy to head over there and not fight like a salmon swimming upstream. :)

Most people were heading to 7DMT, so I decided to meet the Princesses. Was in & out for all four princesses in 10 minutes; no line whatsoever. Then walked over for a short line for Peter Pan; I might have waited 8 minutes here??

Disappointed to hear about an 8 min wait for PP! Sounds like they sell a lot more tickets with this new format

Sorry about the weather. Which princesses did you meet? Are there separate lines for each ?

The usual suspects - Cinderella, Rapunzel, Tiana, and Elena. :)

Rapunzel and Tiana are in one room, while Cinderella and Elena are in another. Each room has it’s own line - so, two lines....

Disappointed to hear about an 8 min wait for PP! Sounds like they sell a lot more tickets with this new format

I agree...as I said, I’ve done this several times in the past, and this new format just felt more crowded. You have to be even more judicious with your time, as it’s more spread out - more walking - but the same amount of limited time. I watched people go on “It’s A Small World”, and I cringed - that is a HUGE time-eater, and can be done another time and not when every minute is expensive.

I agree...as I said, I’ve done this several times in the past, and this new format just felt more crowded. You have to be even more judicious with your time, as it’s more spread out - more walking - but the same amount of limited time. I watched people go on “It’s A Small World”, and I cringed - that is a HUGE time-eater, and can be done another time and not when every minute is expensive.

That’s exactly why an 8 min wait is concerning. I’d expect it at SDMT towards the beginning of the event. But there never used to be a wait at PP. Also, they started letting people in almost 5 min after the event was supposed to start?!?! Like you said, every minute is expensive, and I’d be really upset.

Yes yes yes..
At 745 entry and rope droppers arriving an hour later for my family I’m paying roughly $6.25 a minute for this exclusive event so that 5 minute opening late is $31.25 almost half one of my kids admission and if I add I exchange rate I’m paying $41.57 can at a 33% exchange rate for a five minute opening delay. That’s an hours pay.. I’d be not ok with a five minute delay in opening at this cost

That’s exactly why an 8 min wait is concerning. I’d expect it at SDMT towards the beginning of the event. But there never used to be a wait at PP. Also, they started letting people in almost 5 min after the event was supposed to start?!?! Like you said, every minute is expensive, and I’d be really upset.

Uggggh, I hope I really feel like I will get my money's worth with this.

I read far more good reports than bad. These latest reports unfortunately had to deal with bad weather more than anything.

And the expansion on rides does seem to be a double edged sword. More rides, but much more ground to cover in a short period of time. That certainly can make you feel more rushed. I wish they’d expand the hour just a little to account for that, but then the price would undoubtedly go up. I’m ok with that, but I’m sure others wouldn’t be.

I’m still excited to give this a try, fingers are crossed that the weather is good, but for this price I’ll be watching it and cancel if it looks like things are headed south weather wise. It’s just too much money for such a short time in bad weather.

Its a shame that they don't just open it at 7:30 every morning instead of a 7:45 time frame.

that's been the sentiment here from everyone, considering the long walk to Fantasyland.
it would be great to have a 7:45 start time when IN Fantasyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter