MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I don’t use TP’s touring plans and I have no personal experience with this, but my guess is their plans/algorithms are not programmed to properly calculate / account for wait times during an event such as EMM.

I do use Touring Plans and you've got it exactly correct. TP doesn't really even account for the fact that the parks often open a few minutes before the official opening time.

Still waiting for April .. debating if I would switch Mk for Ak day anyways. I’m unsure if I’d get a FOP fp 60+3 opposed to 60+5??
Disney demands so much planning and backup plans I just wish this wasn’t a six month long ordeal ( checked every am to get EMM for Hollywood studios ) now I’m checking for this every morning .. in starting to wish I booked an all-inclusive lol

I do use Touring Plans and you've got it exactly correct. TP doesn't really even account for the fact that the parks often open a few minutes before the official opening time.

Thanks for weighing in! I was horrified when I saw those projected wait times for EMM! I'll gladly discount their estimates :)!

Hi all! We just booked 3/31 EMM for our one day at MK before our first Disney Cruise. My kids love Fantasyland and my daughter is Princess-obsessed, so this sounds perfect for us to get a great head start on rides for a one-day visit. Here's my question - we're staying at the Doubletree Disney Springs, which counts this year as a "Disney" hotel (60 day FP, etc.). Do you all know if the Minnie Vans pick up there? Does that seem like the best option for getting to MK early enough for EMM? Or is there a better way? THANKS!

Thanks for weighing in! I was horrified when I saw those projected wait times for EMM! I'll gladly discount their estimates :)!
I *think* that it’s actually pretty new that TP even had the option to tell it you were doing EMM...at least, I’ve never noticed it there before! We’ve had the DHS EMM booked for a few months and I just left it off our touring plan completely because I don’t recall thee being a way to convince their system that I would be riding SDD before 9am.

But their system is also never perfect for the early morning stuff, RD waits almost always show longer than reality too, and they tend to assume you will just be starting to walk from the main entrance at opening time, rather than in line for an attraction already. (Which is probably a healthy dose of realism, since I’m sure many people do start their days that way!) I tend to assume that until about 10am I will be ahead of my plans if I RD (or do EMM), but that cushion can be nice to have later in the day if things start to fall apart, or if a ride is down, etc.

Still waiting for April .. debating if I would switch Mk for Ak day anyways. I’m unsure if I’d get a FOP fp 60+3 opposed to 60+5??
Disney demands so much planning and backup plans I just wish this wasn’t a six month long ordeal ( checked every am to get EMM for Hollywood studios ) now I’m checking for this every morning .. in starting to wish I booked an all-inclusive lol
Are you going close to Easter or another time in April? There’s no guarantees either way but it seems like FoP has been pretty good recently at 60+3, but I imagine close to Easter could be a different story. It also might only be afternoon/evening times available at that point, whereas 60+5 you’d probably have your pick of times.

Easter :( long story I couldn’t pull the littles out of school for an extended Period of time ..

Are you going close to Easter or another time in April? There’s no guarantees either way but it seems like FoP has been pretty good recently at 60+3, but I imagine close to Easter could be a different story. It also might only be afternoon/evening times available at that point, whereas 60+5 you’d probably have your pick of times.

Just got off the phone with Disney and the CM I spoke with did not know when April or May dates will be posted. He just recommended checking the website regularly.

In Josh's review, he only showed one plate of hot food. Is that the only option other than the cold food on the buffet?

Still waiting for EMM for April but I did score a BOG for 805 so if they don’t have one that am at least hopefully maybe we can a get a teeny tiny head start

They hold you at Peter Pan. They walk you until you meet the main entrance guests, then you all walk together.

We walked on Thunder and could have gone again walk on, but we were hungry and wanted to ride Haunted Mansion before breakfast.
Could anyone update where you are held for frontier land ropedrop at 9:00 (for thunder) and if you will be near the front of the line? Are you walked by haunted mansion? A different route?
Thanks again!

I saw that April dates have been posted for EMM/Toy Story Land. Still no April/May dates for Fantasyland. :(

Yep I think I bought April a month ago maybe longer .. this is frusturating I’m hoping it’s their before fast pass day

April has been up for TSL for awhile. It was in the last batch of dates. Not sure why they didn’t include April for MK EMM.

Yep I think I bought April a month ago maybe longer .. this is frusturating I’m hoping it’s their before fast pass day

We're hoping for May 1st for TSL so it was pretty frustrating when they released as far as April but not May.

If anyone is waiting for Sunday, April 7th, there will not be an EMM that day. They have it listed as EMH that morning. My guess is that the Star Wars Half Marathon is that morning and the normal EMH at DHS can't happen, so they will have them at Magic Kingdom.

We're hoping for May 1st for TSL so it was pretty frustrating when they released as far as April but not May.

Yes I agree, I am becoming very frustrated the dates are not out as well. I held off on April 29th for toy story land hoping for may 1st or a may 8th and now its sold out (april 29) so I'm kinda kicking myself i did not book that date as a backup.

What is the hold up on releasing dates esp for April/may at this point?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter