MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newly Expanded Early Morning Magic
Beginning December 2, 2018, the expanded Early Morning Magic opens, offering limited-entry, early access to twice as many Fantasyland attractions!

The Fun
Greet the day the early-morning-fun way with these 7 iconic Fantasyland attractions:

*Not available January 8, January 15, January 22, January 29, February 3 or February 5, 2019

The Food
Enjoy breakfast at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, featuring scrumptious fare such as:

• Scrambled eggs
  • Smoked bacon
  • Sausage
  • Breakfast potatoes
  • Pancakes
  • Freshly baked pastries
  • Cheese and cured meats
  • Seasonal fruit
  • Oatmeal
  • Granola
  • Yogurt
  • Assorted juices
  • Coffee and teas
Schedule and Pricing
On select Sundays and Tuesdays beginning December 2, the newly expanded Disney Early Morning Magic offering will take place from 7:45 AM to 10:00 AM. Admission is available for $79 per adult and $69 per child (tax not included). However, admission is also very limited, so be sure to book your reservation before it’s too late!

Regular theme park admission is also required.

Important Details
  • Official Check-in will take place near the far left Touchpoints of the Main Entrance to Magic Kingdom park beginning at 7:30 AM.
  • Starting at 7:45 AM, event Guests will be admitted into the park and guided into Fantasyland. Guests arriving after 7:45 AM should check in inside the park on the Teacups bridge.
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Princess Fairytale Hall, “it’s a small world”, Under the Sea ~ Adventures of the Little Mermaid and Mad Tea Party are the only attractions that will be operational during this special event.
  • From 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM, breakfast will be available at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café.

Interesting. It is already displaying the new info on Disney website:

Newly Expanded Early Morning Magic
Beginning December 2, 2018, the expanded Early Morning Magic opens, offering limited-entry, early access to twice as many Fantasyland attractions!

The Fun
Greet the day the early-morning-fun way with these 7 iconic Fantasyland attractions:

*Not available January 8, January 15, January 22, January 29, February 3 or February 5, 2019

The Food
Enjoy breakfast at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, featuring scrumptious fare such as:

• Scrambled eggs
  • Smoked bacon
  • Sausage
  • Breakfast potatoes
  • Pancakes
  • Freshly baked pastries
  • Cheese and cured meats
  • Seasonal fruit
  • Oatmeal
  • Granola
  • Yogurt
  • Assorted juices
  • Coffee and teas
Schedule and Pricing
On select Sundays and Tuesdays beginning December 2, the newly expanded Disney Early Morning Magic offering will take place from 7:45 AM to 10:00 AM. Admission is available for $79 per adult and $69 per child (tax not included). However, admission is also very limited, so be sure to book your reservation before it’s too late!

Regular theme park admission is also required.

Important Details
  • Official Check-in will take place near the far left Touchpoints of the Main Entrance to Magic Kingdom park beginning at 7:30 AM.
  • Starting at 7:45 AM, event Guests will be admitted into the park and guided into Fantasyland. Guests arriving after 7:45 AM should check in inside the park on the Teacups bridge.
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Princess Fairytale Hall, “it’s a small world”, Under the Sea ~ Adventures of the Little Mermaid and Mad Tea Party are the only attractions that will be operational during this special event.
  • From 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM, breakfast will be available at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café.

Last edited:
Does anyone find it odd that the dates that were cancelled in October are showing up blue? I was scheduled for 10/21 and got the cancellation call. I thought for sure that the opening time for MK on that day would move to 8 am but so far the park still opens at 9 am that day.

The whole point is for it to be low crowds. I doubt they up it too much or people will stop booking it and start demanding refunds.

I have done EMM four times (or maybe 5) and have loved it each time. But in my experience they added more people maybe a year ago -- and it caused 7DMT to have a bit of a line. Because most people who do EMM do it for 7DMT (we always do Pooh and Pan a few times and it's always a ghost town). But anyway, about a year ago it stopped becoming as easy/quick to do continual rides on 7DMT... the waits became 5 mins or so (still very quick, yes, but different than it was when it started).

Anyhow... With this change, I expect they will absolutely increase the numbers admitted (more rides = more capacity). And if most people still use this event to ride 7DMT (over and over), the wait for 7DMT will become longer (maybe?), because people/crowds will asymmetrically gather there.

I have done EMM four times (or maybe 5) and have loved it each time. But in my experience they added more people maybe a year ago -- and it caused 7DMT to have a bit of a line. Because most people who do EMM do it for 7DMT (we always do Pooh and Pan a few times and it's always a ghost town). But anyway, about a year ago it stopped becoming as easy/quick to do continual rides on 7DMT... the waits became 5 mins or so (still very quick, yes, but different than it was when it started).

Anyhow... With this change, I expect they will absolutely increase the numbers admitted (more rides = more capacity). And if most people still use this event to ride 7DMT (over and over), the wait for 7DMT will become longer (maybe 10 mins?), because people/crowds will asymmetrically gather there.

I choose to be optimistic. I was at a sold out EMM on 9/4. We waited 3 minutes for our first ride on 7D (yes I timed it) and then we walked on until 8:45.

Personally I like this change better. As much as I love these rides we are not interested in doing them a billion times (except for maybe Peter Pan). It's more valuable for families to get as much done in the parks as possible especially during peak season. This could be a huge timesaver.

So a $10 price increase along with a pretty big format change. The current EMM price hadn’t changed since introduced in 2016. Now it matches the DHS EMM price.

I’m good with this and like the change. Having done EMM probably more times than I should admit, I was getting a bit bored with it as-is.

Sort of wish they’d expand the time... make it 7:30 start or something.... so you can get more time in.

I’d rather eat in Pinocchio Village House than Cosmic Rays, but I’ll live with it. :-)

First reaction, I think I like it.

I choose to be optimistic.

Fair enough -- and good to be optimistic. I've been paranoid that they would destroy the awesomeness of EMM and that never has happened... the EMM group seems to know what they are doing. So yes, I should give them the benefit of the doubt. This could indeed be awesome.

Fair enough -- and good to be optimistic. I've been paranoid that they would destroy the awesomeness of EMM and that never has happened... the EMM group seems to know what they are doing. So yes, I should give them the benefit of the doubt. This could indeed be awesome.

Well, I think it’s safe to say the breakfast location change certainly implies a larger guest count. ;-)

These attractions and the land can absorb a lot of people, so I think I’ll take comfort in that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter