MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Did EMM this morning.

They let us in at 7:46. We stopped at Winnie first and were told it wasn’t running yet. Went to mine train - waited for maybe 10 minutes before word circulated through the line that it wasn’t running. We finally left at 8:05 and once we got to the exit, they told us it was running, so we re-entered. Finally got on our first ride of EMM at 8:11.

Went smoothly from there: met all 4 princesses with no wait, peter pan and winnie walkons, and 2 more SDMT rides, getting off for the last time at 9:01. Headed to space and it was down so we did buzz and then headed to breakfast.

This was the last day of our trip, and we left Mk at 12:30, and had a pretty busy itinerary scheduled, so I didn’t bother talking to guest services. My 6-year-old was delighted with how it went.

Breakfast was ok - certainly edible. While I far and away preferred the food at the HS EMM, my daughter was happy to get pancakes. We got to breakfast at 9:33 and there were short lines and plenty of tables.

Couple other things: we rented a stroller every day of this trip, but because of where they let you in, we had to back track to get a stroller, and then there were no CMs there. We were able to grab a stroller (and had already paid for it), but it cost us a minute.

As this was our checkout day, we had 2 backpacks and I didn’t want to carry both around. We were able to rent a locker prior to the event, so that was handy.

Yes, anyone heading to Tomorrowland was held in that area. It was near the entrance, but more towards the end of where the extended queue would be. Actually, my wife broke off to go to the Speedway with one son who did not want to do Space Mountain. They got right on and then headed to People Mover before meeting us to go into breakfast. We were in breakfast by 9:30.

We (DH, DD 7, and myself) attended today's (6/2) EMM event in Fantasyland. We are staying at BLT. We left our room at 7:15, we ate a "pre-breakfast" on our walk, and we arrived at the check-in just before 7:30. Our magic bands were scanned, and then we were given our wristbands. I noticed some attendees received literature, but I didn't receive a handout, so I was glad that I had done my research. We were held at the left entrance gate until they allowed everyone in at 7:40.

We arrived at the bridge where they visually checked wristbands at 7:45. We then slingshotted around Mad Tea Party and hustled to Peter Pan's Flight. We got to PP about 7:50 and rode it twice before 8am. We then walked over to meet Tiana and Rapunzel with no wait. We then rode WtP once with no wait. Then we went to 7DMT. We got in line at 8:15 and were exiting the attraction at 8:25. This was our longest throughput of the morning. We rode 5 times between 8:15 and 8:45, with the last two queues having all the switchbacks removed leaving the ride essentially a walk-on. We walked over to Mad Tea Party and rode it once.

As we were walking to the Tomorrowland Rope Drop, the fireworks at the castle went off. But we didn't start moving until maybe 30 seconds or a minute later. We essentially merged with the masses who were rope dropping Space. There was no EMM advantage to help you get to Space faster than others. Luckily, we weren't going to Space; we headed to Buzz. We did Buzz twice in standby in 20 minutes.

At 9:30 we went to Cosmic Ray's to eat breakfast. As others have said, there is nothing special about it. We all found enough to eat to keep our tummies full for a couple of hours of touring. Honestly, the best thing about it was the two coke zeros and the three bottles of water we got. We left at about 9:55, and they were still handing out food.

Overall, I was thrilled with what we accomplished, especially when I realized later that 7DMT went down sometime later in the morning and has yet to come back online (and WtP went down at some point, but it came back before too long). No, Fantasyland wasn't empty, but it was emptier than I personally had ever seen it. I would do it again.

TL; DR: Before 10 we accomplished:
PP x2
Rapunzel and Tiana x1
WtP x1
7DMT x5
Mad Tea Party x1
Buzz x2
Breakfast

When EMM is winding down around 8:50 or 8:55am, what is the best way to position yourself for the Tomorrowland rope drop? I've never been part of that crowd before, and I'm not even sure where to line up, or where they hold everyone. We're hoping to ride Space Mountain before breakfast at Cosmic Ray's.

When EMM is winding down around 8:50 or 8:55am, what is the best way to position yourself for the Tomorrowland rope drop? I've never been part of that crowd before, and I'm not even sure where to line up, or where they hold everyone. We're hoping to ride Space Mountain before breakfast at Cosmic Ray's.

Today, they held everyone essentially between Cosmic Ray's and Mad Tea Party. Like I said earlier, EMM wasn't a help to getting onto Space; if anything, it was a hinderance. Those EMM attendees that attempted to go to Space had to turn right at the Lunching Pad (i.e., away from the entrance of Space) to get at the end of the Space line. (Of course, today could have been an idiosyncratic experience.)

We (Me, DH, DS6, DS4, DS2, my DB, &DSIL) did EMM this morning June 2. We walked over from Bay Lake Tower around 7:20 and were waiting to be let in by 7:35. I didn’t look at when they let us in, but we were at the end of Main Street by 7:45.

We were going to do WtP first, but it wasn’t open. Parked the stroller and saw SDMT had a 25 min posted wait so we went to PP. Went through the FP line, rode PP, and were off by 8:02. Headed back toward Pooh which was open. SDMT still had a posted 25 min wait and was using the standby entrance. Rode Pooh using the FP entrance and were off by 8:13. SDMT now had a 10 min wait using the FP entrance. Sent most of the group minus me and 2 yo through at 8:14. They were exiting ride at 8:24. Then we rode again this time my husband waited with 2yo (did carousel). Entered at 8:26 off by 8:34. Headed to do Teacups and were done by 8:50.

We went to wait for SM at that point. They held us just before cosmic rays. My brother, his wife, and my 6yo Took off to ride SM while my husband and I took the younger two on the speedway. We met up around 8:30 and went to ride buzz. We were off by 8:45 and at breakfast by 8:50.

Everything was still available when we walked in. We got our hot plates quickly. They were already closing down one of the fruit/oatmeal stands, but I saw them refreshing the fruit on the other one even beyond 10:00. The pastries at that time were all cinnamon rolls. No other option. Not sure if there were more offering earlier. The breakfast was not that great, but we were aware of that going in.

Overall, we really enjoyed it. It did not feel oversold at all. It felt to me how it had felt the last two times we did it when it was the older version. We would definitely do it again.

Our group of 7 (3 adults, 13, 11, 11 and 1) also did EMM on 6/2.

We arrived at MK via Monorail around 7:20 and headed left to the EMM check-in where they scanned our bands and we received wristbands. There was a bit of distance between scanning and getting the wristbands, so much where I think someone with a PPO breakfast reservation could squeeze in and get a wristband but I could be wrong.

Anyways they let us in at 7:40 as others have mentioned. We headed down Main Street and then went right over the bridge towards Tea Cups where they made you show your wristband. We were headed to Pooh first but it was down and SDMT showed a long wait so we headed to Peter Pan. Rode that once before we split into 2 groups. 1 group went to SDMT and waited about 15 minutes while my son and I rode the Carousel, Pooh (now open) and Tea Cups. By the time we were getting on Tea Cups they were walking out. They got in line for Tea Cups and then I switched with my husband and went to SDMT. Rode once while husband went to Pooh again. I can’t remember the order for a while but I know that some kids rode SDMT two more times before we all headed to Ariel around 8:55. When we got off Ariel the park had opened. We went to Barnstormer and then Dumbo which was our longest wait. (Looking back I should have switched the order or these 2).

It was now 9:30 and we headed to breakfast. We got 7 plates and multiple drinks quickly and loaded up on the extras bar. There were only cinnamon rolls at this point and it was a little crowded and had to search a little for 2 clean table close together but wasn’t too bad. We later went back up to get more drinks. Food was fine, we all got full enough and were satisfied.

We really enjoyed our time and would likely do this again. We stayed off-site due to a last minute booking and no availability on property so we used some of the money saved for this event. Since we weren’t able to get FastPasses for SDMT 30 days out this was a nice way of being able to ride it (multiple times) along with other Fantasyland rides before heading elsewhere.

Also, as others noted SDMT went down shortly after EMM and was down for several hours afterwards. I’m guessing until around 11 or noon.

All in all (keeping in mind we split up into groups);
SDMT x 4 (2 for each adult, 4 for older kids)
Peter Pan x 1 (all)
Pooh x 3 (once all together and 2 more times split)
Tea Cups x 1 (all)
Carousel x 2 (while others rode SDMT)
Ariel x 1 (all)

Last edited:

Went yesterday, had a great experience. Arrived at the parking lot a little before 6:30, no one was manning the gates, so free parking. Arrived at bag check and then waited about 5 minutes for security to arrive. Then waited another 10 for the monorail to start running. If you don't catch the first monorail you will be late for EMM. They let us through the gates at 7:45. Pooh was down the entire time. We rode PP, then did all 4 princesses. Went to the tea cups 2 times, because mine train wait looked long. Then went to mine train, waited 12 minutes first time, then walked on two more times, while my wife and other daughter split off, they did PP twice more and carousel once. Rope dropped Big Thunder (with rider swap) and Splash. While on Splash my wife and younger daughter went to breakfast. Got there at 9:56, and got four huge plates of food. Myself and oldest daughter got to breakfast at 10:15, ate a ton of food and they kept giving us drinks until around 10:30. We left around 10:50 and went to Buzz.

This was a great experience. 3 times on mine train, got in PP, the princesses, tea cups, plus the breakfast worked great for us. Also worth mentioning, youngest daughter has a wheat and egg allergy and they did a great job making sure she had lots to eat including a gluten free waffle.

We went on 6/9. Arrived barely on time due to monorail delays, but we still had a blast. 7DMT was down when we got there but cast members told us that in compensation we would be allowed to ride using the FP line until noon. That actually worked out even better since it gave us time to enjoy the other attractions and then return to ride 7DMT several times after breakfast with very little wait.

Breakfast was... breakfast. Not as good as the EMM breakfast at TSL, but edible.

The only snafu was trying to cancel a ticket for just one of our party. You can’t do it online. I called a few days in advance and the system wouldn’t allow it. They told me to go to any guest relations and they could fix it. GR at Animal Kingdom told me it could only be done at MK. Then staff at MK couldn’t do it either and told me to call billing dept. So that was a bit of a pain. But- right after we left MK an “any time FP” appeared in the app and when we got to our resort to check in we were told we were the “Family of the Day” and got upgraded to club level. So maybe that was their way of trying to make it right....?

Either way we had a great time and thought it was worth it.

We went this morning. I think this may be our last time. We arrived around 7:30. One CM checked only my son’s band. Then she directed him to another CM who was handing out wristbands. She handed him all four. What was confusing was the fact that breakfast people and EMM people seemed to all be grouped together and the CM seemed to be handing out bands to anyone who would take them. Again, 3 of the 4 in my party never had their bands checked before getting a wristband. The walk up Main Street was crowded and rushed. I miss the leisurely stroll days. We did SDMT first with a 10 minute wait. Was going to do it again but it was posted 25 min so did Pooh, PP and IASW. One bathroom break and it was now 8:45. SDMT was still posted at 25 min. Don’t know how accurate that was. We wanted to rope drop Tomorrowland so headed to the Tea Cups. As those have stated, there was no advantage with doing EMM. What was worse was the fact the the CM held us for a few minutes past 9:00 until the regular guests not only got to our group but passed it. My son asked why he was being held since the park was open. The CM said “do you think your special or something?” We we’re finally allowed to pass and my son made a quick dash to Space while I went to Buzz. It was now about 9:20 when we headed to breakfast. This was my first time at Cosmic Rays and the “non-buffet” style. Wow, what a disappointment. We also watched 2 families without bands walk past the CMs standing at the entrance without being stopped. They didn’t get the hot meal but helped themselves to the fruit/pastries. No idea what was up with that.

Compared to the last time we went, it’s clear the number of guests permitted to attend has gone way up. I didn’t feel relaxed, it felt crowded, the food was bla, and 4 rides in an hour won’t entice me to return. We are doing EMM at DHS tomorrow. I hope we have better luck.

We went today 6/11. It was our 1st time and we had a blast. Did Pan 3x walking on...Did SDMT 1 (15 min)....Pooh 1x (5 min)....SDMT 3x (walk-ons)...Under the Sea 1x all b4 9am. I do agree with the weird check-in. Only thing we didnt care for at bfast were the eggs but those are hard to do in mass quantities. Everything else wasn't bad. Just our 2 cents...

Have a relatively infrequent EMM situation question.

Has anyone rented a stroller and/or scooter at the Main Street station once let in for EMM? I’ve never paid attention to if it’s open that early.

I’m hoping that it is and we can very quickly rent two scooters and be on our way, since the clock is ticking.

Anyone have any experience?

Thanks!

We went today as well. We thought it was good and “worth it” for us. We don’t go to Disney much (just once two years ago) and probably won’t be back for years, so knocking out some of these rides was nice. It was me, DH, DS8 and DS5.

We rode:
Pooh (first ones! Walk on)
Peter Pan (walk on)
Mine Train (8 minute wait, posted 20)

Then my DS8 decided to be a grump and was “bored” with Mine Train.

DH and DS5 rode Mine Train (3 minutes)
DS8 and I did teacups (walk on)
Journey of the Little Mermaid (walk on)
DS5 and I did Mine Train again (walk on)

We then went to breakfast at 9, which killed me because I wanted to be doing rides! Breakfast was fine. My DH loved it. The rest of us just nibbles because we don’t seem to eat once at the parks.

I really thought DS5 was going to want to meet the princesses, lol. That was a draw for me, but he chickened out.

My DH was happy with it and that’s saying a lot.

Has anyone rented a stroller and/or scooter at the Main Street station once let in for EMM? I’ve never paid attention to if it’s open that early.

I’m hoping that it is and we can very quickly rent two scooters and be on our way, since the clock is ticking.

Thanks!

Yes we have gone over and rented a scooter multiple times after checking in and each time around 7:30 they are just opening and it was a very quick process.

Thanks!

We needed a stroller, so we headed over immediately. It was “open” but there were no CM there. Since we had already paid for a multi-day rental, I just took one.

Yes we have gone over and rented a scooter multiple times after checking in and each time around 7:30 they are just opening and it was a very quick process.

Thank you. I am blanking at the moment, is the scooter rental place in that area behind the tapstyles/gates (to the right) but before actually going under the train station? So I could get a scooter before they let the EMM crowd in?

I was thinking scooter rental was inside/underneath the train station with the strollers, but now I’m second guessing my memory.

Thanks again.

Thanks!

When we rented the scooter it was at area to far right after you go thru turnstiles before you go thru entrance into park. 7:30 am

I was thinking scooter rental was inside/underneath the train station with the strollers, but now I’m second guessing my memory.

I don't know about scooters, but last week the "underneath the train station" was were strollers were rented. We didn't rent one the EMM day, but the stroller rental was definitely past where the CMs were holding us.

Thank you. I am blanking at the moment, is the scooter rental place in that area behind the tapstyles/gates (to the right) but before actually going under the train station? So I could get a scooter before they let the EMM crowd in?

Thanks again.

Yes exactly...only strollers under train station. Definitely go over and get your scooter as soon as you have your wristband and go thru turnstile..you need to go thru the turnstile over where they give you the wristbands and then walk back over to right side to get your scooter. After you have the scooter you can drive it over to where everyone is waiting to get into park.

Yes exactly...only strollers under train station. Definitely go over and get your scooter as soon as you have your wristband and go thru turnstile..you need to go thru the turnstile over where they give you the wristbands and then walk back over to right side to get your scooter. After you have the scooter you can drive it over to where everyone is waiting to get into park.

Thank you. So that will be perfect, no time wasted once in the park. I totally forgot the scooter rental is in that area.

Traveling with a big group in July with two that need them. Having to think through and plan for situations we haven’t encountered before.

Appreciate the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts