MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm glad mine is in november because pp is my fave ride. without it i think i would be disappointed. i definitely always felt character m&g should have always been there but I am also glad i'm going in nov because it has more intimacy. hoping the crowd level reflects that level of intimacy. but i do c the change as an improvement, for me i am happy the way it is for november.

The breakfast menu looks pretty similar to what it was before. What am I missing?

I think others have posted but we don't know yet if it's literal.

- Maybe the new scrambled eggs will still have toppings they just didn't specify.
- Maybe the new sausages may still be a variety they just didn't specify.
- We don't know if the potatoes are the same or not, name change may or may not be.
- Pancakes in lieu of French Toast, maybe requests, since french toast replaced waffles.
- They added berries to the fruit ... except they had berries before, just word change.
- Frittata gone, so glad to see this although I'd like something interesting to replace.
We threw ours away it was inedible and being star of meal, disappointing.
- Added Oatmeal, Granola .. so maybe some requests for healthier options.
- Rest seemed the same.

FOR US, I'd like a main entree that is more than basic eggs and meat.
Otherwise I don't see much difference ... yet.
Hoping it was sloppy descriptions and there will still be
healthy sausage, potatoes with peppers & onions and egg toppings.

Wow. Interesting news. Looks like the EMM we are going to will be the very last one with the old format. I'm happy with that! I'll be looking forward to reading reviews in December to see how the new EMM goes and if it will be worth it for us for next time or not!

We did EMM on 9/18. Everything went well and we really enjoyed it. Got our pictures in front of the castle on the way in and started our morning at Peter Pan as many have suggested here. Next headed over to SDMT, wait was ~2 mins each time-did three in a row. Took a break and rode Pooh at about 8:30 and finished up back at SDMT with about 6 more rides, though a couple of the adults dropped out at that point, lol. The wait after 8:40 was non-existent on until park open on mine train, I think a lot of people headed to breakfast at that time. I heard CMs saying to head to breakfast around 8:45 so that may be why.

Stopped in for the pastries at Pinocchio House, water, coffee and danimals to go and rope dropped BTMRR and haunted mansion before getting our full breakfast at 9:45. Everyone enjoyed the food and I liked the charcuterie. French toast was pretty good as well.

Sadly, no MM pictures from SDMT that morning... is that typical?

I think it’s nice they are expanding the offerings soon, but those are all rides that would have minimal waits during the period immediately following EMM, so I don’t think I would waste my time on them anyway. And no one in my family will ride IASW anyway. And half won’t do teacups. We’re just in it for mine train! Im glad we did it before it changes!

I think that they might have changed the menu because they needed to have a larger-capacity dining area (for an increased number of tickets sold?) and PVH was getting crowded; however, they used the Be Our Guest breakfast items at PVH, and I think it would be perhaps too far to run the items over from BOG so they will cook everything in-house at Cosmic Ray’s. Purely speculation, but it might explain the menu change.

Add me to the list of people skeptical about these changes. They'll sell more tickets under the premise that more rides are open so waits won't be impacted, but the rides they're adding probably won't draw that many people, at least not as many people as I assume they're planning to add. I think most people who do EMM do it for PPF and 7DMT, so I expect the lines to grow for those. There might be another segment of guests who do it for the Princess Fairytale Hall, so that will draw some of the crowds, but I can't see people paying extra to ride teacups.

Just booked 2/3. :banana: Our first EMM. Very excited to try this out, from the good reviews should be enjoyable time. Hopefully the new format won\t change the crowd levels too much.

We are doing EMM on 10/7. I hope they start "trying out" having more attractions open before the official change. I am looking forward to hearing some people report over the next week if they start opening more attractions.

We did EMM on 9/18. Everything went well and we really enjoyed it. Got our pictures in front of the castle on the way in and started our morning at Peter Pan as many have suggested here. Next headed over to SDMT, wait was ~2 mins each time-did three in a row. Took a break and rode Pooh at about 8:30 and finished up back at SDMT with about 6 more rides, though a couple of the adults dropped out at that point, lol. The wait after 8:40 was non-existent on until park open on mine train, I think a lot of people headed to breakfast at that time. I heard CMs saying to head to breakfast around 8:45 so that may be why.

Stopped in for the pastries at Pinocchio House, water, coffee and danimals to go and rope dropped BTMRR and haunted mansion before getting our full breakfast at 9:45. Everyone enjoyed the food and I liked the charcuterie. French toast was pretty good as well.

I think it’s nice they are expanding the offerings soon, but those are all rides that would have minimal waits during the period immediately following EMM, so I don’t think I would waste my time on them anyway. And no one in my family will ride IASW anyway. And half won’t do teacups. We’re just in it for mine train! Im glad we did it before it changes!

We did EMM on 9.18 too, and I just heard back from the photo people:
"We regret to inform you that we are unable to recover your attraction photos due to an equipment or technical problem which caused the photos to not take properly. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. We have passed feedback to our attractions team in the park. "

Apparently there was a glitch. I'm a bit bummed, actually :(

Thank you for stopping by to share your 9/18 experience @BaymaxForever. :-)

Wow. Interesting news. Looks like the EMM we are going to will be the very last one with the old format. I'm happy with that! I'll be looking forward to reading reviews in December to see how the new EMM goes and if it will be worth it for us for next time or not!

We are going on nov 27th too!! We are also going to the first new format one on the 2nd. I am really curious how different it will be between the two of them.

We are going on nov 27th too!! We are also going to the first new format one on the 2nd. I am really curious how different it will be between the two of them.
We are headed to the first event on 12/2 also. Plan for now is to hit princess hall, SDMT (a couple times), tea cups, and IASW. Hopefully catch the Welcome show at the castle at 8:55, hit breakfast and then hit up Barnstormer, Dumbo, Meet Aerial, and Meet Minnie and Daisy.

I got so excited when I first heard they were adding attractions, but then I saw this wasn't starting until 12/2 and we are going in November. We are happy that we get to have the breakfast at PVH - the french toast is AWESOME and I don't see it listed on the new menu for Cosmic Rays. Looking forward to doing this in 2019! Love this event!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter