MK closes at 9:00 on Saturdays

daannzzz

OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled
In May the MK will close at 7 the first Saturday for Grad night. The following Saturdays it closes at 9:00. That seems awfully harsh to me. I can see it closing at 7:00 on the weekdays and 8:00 or 9:00 on Fri and Sun but :00 on Saturday is starting to push it a bit.

What is really bad is no Spectromagic. I've been there the first non-Grad night Saturday for the past 3 years and each year they had 2 runnings of Spectro with fireworks in between. Closing at 10:00pm.

Anyone hear why no Spectromagic in May? Rehab? Cost Cutting?

I don't think "no crowds" is an excuse (if it's even going to be that empty). Even in slow seasons they have run it on Saturdays,sometimes Fridays and Saturdays. I was there in early December following 9/11, it was the least crowded I've ever seen it and they still had it on Saturday. No crowds on Memorial Day weekend? You would think they would run it then. Usually having it only on Saturday night draws a big crowd to MK.

I think Disney is just slow about updating the web site. Parades and fireworks seem to be the last things added. It makes it tough to plan, but I doubt the info currently published on the website really means there won't be any parades/fireworks in May. JMHO. YMMV.

I think it's more than just not updating the website. I talked to a cm at the information # on Tuesday or Wednesday and she said no Spectro in May. She said she was surprised at that too but didn't know why. I think they can save alot of money by putting the floats in storage for awhile and giving notice to the performers.

No crowds??????
Nice try, Mitch, but no cigar.;)

Certainly Memorial Day Weekend will be busier than early December and Jan/Feb.

I think Disney is just slow about updating the web site. Parades and fireworks seem to be the last things added. It makes it tough to plan, but I doubt the info currently published on the website really means there won't be any parades/fireworks in May. JMHO. YMMV.
This could be the reason, but Fantasy in the Sky actually IS listed. That makes it seem a bit strange that Spectro could be left out.

But maybe it is just an oversight. I hope so.

Okay after looking at the historical May hours, I've figured out the following:

If the park is open until 9, then Fantasy in the Sky will be performed. If the park closes at 7 or 8, no fireworks.

If the park is open until 9:30 or later, then Spectromagic will be added.

Since the Saturday hours are only until 9, there will be fireworks but no Spectro.

Thus the question becomes, why are the parks closing at 9? Last year the MK was open until 11 on Saturdays.

But based on the weeks surrounding Easter, hours were originally posted of 9-10 and are now 8:30-12, it's likely that Memorial Day weekend will see it's hours extended.

But based on the weeks surrounding Easter, hours were originally posted of 9-10 and are now 8:30-12, it's likely that Memorial Day weekend will see it's hours extended.
That is what I am hoping, but you never know............................:(

Don't forget that Grad Nights will be on Firdays/Saturdays in Late Apirl & May. This is the event that's held late at Night for Local High School Seniors.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter