Mix Max- anyone have one? A few ??s

MomofKatie

Dairy World? Fairy World! OH, DARN IT!!
I saw a great deal on several styles of the Disney Mix Max MP3 media player- around $50. I want to upgrade DD's Mix Stick, but before I get a Mix Max, I have a few questions:

DD really wants to be able to see what songs are on her player so she can choose which ones to play (lack of a menu is one of the major drawbacks of the Mix Stick, IMO). Does the Mix Max have an onscreen menu?

If I buy a Mix Max Clip (say HSM2, for example), will it take up any room on the internal memory? I'm assuming it doesn't, and acts as a self-contained memory card- right?

Thanks- any reviews or comments would be great.

My daughter has a mix max and I just bought one for my ds (easter gift).

Yes it does have an on-screen menu. My dd scrolls through them to find her favorite songs ( I do need to update some of her songs. Too babish for her)LOL. I don't think the clips take up the internal memory either. We've had no problems her mix max and it's sturdy. It's been dropped so many times (even mom dropped it down the stairs:scared1: ) and it still plays great.

Thanks! I think I'll go and buy it for DD for Easter. She will love it!!

I just have to add that we have these and absolutely love them. We primarily use them for movies....which can make you crazy to load. We purchased dvd ripper software to convert our DVDs to the MixMax format and it works great. Google "DVD ripper software" -- some have free trial offers, and note it can take a bit of time to rip/convert DVDs.

We really love that the memory is expandable w/memory cards (it can take up to 2GB), so we have several cards w/multiple shows on them -- we just put on the Disney planning DVD on our daughters! We also put books on cd on there too. Have fun!

Just got back from Target- the one on clearance is the white Tink model. Got it for $49.88! I also got the Max Clip of HSM- I think DD will be happy with it. It's charging right now, but I already synced about 100 songe and added the SD memory card she had in her old Mix Stick. I'm excited to try it out once it finishes charging.

Thanks for the input, y'all!

DD has one and we could never fiqure out how to load anything on it, so she's never used it.

Does the mixmax play movies directly from the memory card? I have been promising dd I would load hers with movies but I haven't yet. I'll just load a few on a mem card so she can use it for our car trip on Easter.

DD has one and we could never fiqure out how to load anything on it, so she's never used it.

Did you install the Mix Max disk that came with the player? That has to be done before you do any loading of music/video. Then, you just 'rip' any CDs you already have into the player, or download music from whatever pay service you like (we like to use Amazon or Wal Mart). I used Windows Media player, and had no trouble syncing- just drag and drop.

You can also buy pre-loaded memory cards (Mix Clips or Max Clips) that let you play music and movies without using the computer at all. I bought DD HSM, and it plays when I pop in the card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter