Missing Items in Units

goofydad99

It's goofydad's wife
How do you handle it if there are items missing from your room? We stayed in 3 different rooms this trip and there was something missing from every room.

BCV 33?-There was only one pot in the entire villa. Goofydad was going to make pancakes that morning and we didn't discover it until it was time to eat and leave. It is difficult to make pancakes in a stock pot. We didn't report it because we were heading to the port to board the Wonder. :goodvibes

AKVK 7913-We didn't have a laundry basket so we called mousekeeping to get one. They insisted there should be one but I wouldn't have asked if there was. They brought one up to us.

BCV 229- There were no cookie sheets in the villa. I wanted to bake our dinner but there wasn't one there. I called mousekeeping and at first she said she didn't have one, but she looked somewhere else and found one. She brought it up and apologized for it not being new.

I felt like I was being difficult when I did request these items, but when I looked at the inventory they were listed as being inside the rooms.

So to make this even longer..........how do you handle this?

I have always just phoned Mousekeeping and told them their is something missing or broken and needs replaced. last time we went there was no plastic spatula for turning say pancakes.

A call to housekeeping explaining what needs to be replaced should suffice. I know that sometimes the inventory is put somewhere other then its primary location. That has happened with the Internet cable -- it was left in a drawer rather then the closet.

Don't ever feel like you are being difficult when making a request for something that should be there.

We as owners have a duty to each other to keep the villas in top shape. Mousekeeping can only do but so much without our help.

1. Call Mousekeeping for missing items that should be stocked.
  2. Call the check-in desk for damaged funitures, fixtures, appliances, etc.

Mousekeeping has come to the rescue for us several times with respect to missing items.

As soon as we are able to (post check-in), we make a written list of all damaged items and drop it off at the check-in desk (with our villa # and name). We've found these items repaired/replaced very quickly.

If only the people using our villas prior to us would be so kind as to do the same.

Mousekeeping will also bring you extras. We were cooking for a large group and needed extra pans. Not a problem, they were there within the hour.

A quick call to Mousekeeping has always done the trick for us. We always found the response to be quick, especially if we were dealing with itmes such as spatulas that we needed to cook breakfast and the time was fast approaching !!

I felt like I was being a pest this trip. I have never had to call as much as I did this trip.

Now I need to figure out how to get through to the dining and planning people at Disney. Does anyone have their numbers?

Heck, don't worry about being a pest. You are only asking for the basic expectations you should have as a DVC member.

At Kidani, I had to call to have overhead light bulbs replaced three times - and they are brand new rooms!!

1. Upon check-in, the light above the second bath tub was out. We called right away and they fixed while we were at dinner.
  2. About day 2 we noticed the light above the master bath sink was out (we just thought it was a dark room). We called in the morning but we came back and the kitchen bar stool was moved but light was not fixed in bathroom.
  3. On day 3, we called about the master bath light again. It was fixed upon our return that afternoon. We figure the CM wrote down the wrong location the first time - engineering probably thought we were crazy since the bar lights were working. Although, why didn't they just check all the overhead lights since what they were advised wasn't working was?

I call Housekeeping for missing items. One item we never seem to have is potholders which we need as we do quite a bit of cooking in our unit.

Question - Do you tip housekeeping when they bring missing items? On our last trip to OKW we had to call several times as we discovered things missing. I did tip a couple bucks each time, but I sort of felt like I should only have to tip if I was requesting something extra, and not for items that should have been in the unit. Just wondered how others handle this.

1. Call Mousekeeping for missing items that should be stocked.
  2. Call the check-in desk for damaged funitures, fixtures, appliances, etc.

Mousekeeping has come to the rescue for us several times with respect to missing items.

As soon as we are able to (post check-in), we make a written list of all damaged items and drop it off at the check-in desk (with our villa # and name). We've found these items repaired/replaced very quickly.

If only the people using our villas prior to us would be so kind as to do the same.

Don't call the front desk for maintenance problems. Call Maintenance/Engineering for that.

If you are in a studio, you don't get a laundry basket, only a dirty clothes bag (hanging on a hanger in the closet).

I was always under the impression :confused3(but at this point, I think I'm incorrect in this assumption) that when mousekeeping cleans at the end of a stay, they or someone (management) goes through the villa to ensure that everything is still intact and there are no visible damages. And generally, things are in working order. I mean generally, because burned out light bulbs always seem to happen during a guest stay and not during a cleaning.

We generally do not use anything from the kitchen except glasses, bowls and utensils so if pots or pans are missing, we would never know. I do think that guests should call mousekeeping to report any missing items, but not everyone uses these items and it could be months before anyone even notices it's missing. So I would think that someone, maybe mousekeeping management, would go through the villa before they release it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter