Mira Costa booking experience

If I would not be able to get the same room type for the third day, maybe I will just cancel it and we would just spend the day in the park and stay overnight in Tokyo instead, as I can get the room in Tokyo for points without paying any money, and we are staying in Tokyo after Disney anyways.

I found a link with the pictures of the room which seems to have normal - really BIG size corner balcony.

https://sites.google.com/site/miracostadisneysea/home/guest-rooms/piazza-view-double/3375

I would think that technically there should be no problem opening the "balcony doors". But those are actually just window, which apparently the hotel would not be willing to open for you (you can even see that the windows are opened but just a pinch again!)

Attachments

• Miracosta Piazza view room 3375.png
    Miracosta Piazza view room 3375.png
    432.1 KB · Views: 13
Balcony Piazza view room 5.jpg

I think I just got extremely lucky yesterday: I was able to switch the room I initially booked for two days (Piazza view Terrace room) to much better room for our needs: Piazza view balcony room! I still can't believe - as I think it was just pure luck.

So we would have cheaper room with better view and with two beds :) The picture above seem to be the view from Piazza view balcony room. From my understanding there are only one or two rooms like this (?).

The Harbor view rooms (without balconies) are actually very much available for the middle week days of June 4,5,and 6th. Maybe because they are indicated as low crowd days at crowd calendar for Japan parks. But right now there should not be no trouble even to book 3-day stay in Harbor view room.

So low season does help!

Last edited:
Here is the link to the availability by the room type. It's really great tool if to look back and change room type.

Right now it shows even a Balcony Harbor View room available for June 10th. And there is a variety of availability of balcony rooms in January.

So I guess about month before you stay would be the best time to look for availability, as people start cancelling to avoid cancellation fees.

https://reserve.tokyodisneyresort.j...&displayType=hotel-search&reservationStatus=1

BIG THANKS to @a1betpr for the tips with the link! Was able to score the Venice Side Superior Room (doubles) for the 4 nights we will be there!

Before the booking window opened, I called Chase to tell them I was going to put a deposit down for a room in Japan. The rep said he approved the future charge and it was set. The booking window finally opened last night and I used my bookmarked link... BOOM all room types available. I confirmed my info, input my card number (used a Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa), the Visa verify page opened and I was denied! Page stated that the website could not confirm a "3D authentication." I called the number on the denial page and the rep could see the charge by the Oriential Land Company and said to try it again. The rep stayed with me on the phone and the charge went through!

I hope this anyone looking forward to booking and I can't wait for TDR! It was not as bad as I thought it could have been! Room availability is no joke... after I booked and got my confirmation, a lot of the room types seemed to be almost gone or already sold for my dates.

Curious if anyone here has experience booking Miracosta using DVC points. If so, details please!

Curious if anyone here has experience booking Miracosta using DVC points. If so, details please!
I do not have experience booking Miracosta using DVC points but wanted to make a couple of comments (one of which you will likely hear from others). You can book with DVC points at six months (providing the point charts for that time frame are out) so that gives you a one-month advantage over cash bookings. I am a DVC member and was saving points to make a trip next year but I saw that a lot of people say that is not a cost-effective use of the points and that you should rent your DVC points and then pay cash. I still planned to book with points to avoid tax consequences until the points required increased (look at the chart for the portion of 2020 that has been released). Since we no longer had enough points to reserve for four nights, I did rent the points and now, based on what I have seen, think I have enough cash to not only book for cash but to make two nights (and three days) into the package deal that includes tickets and fast passes and breakfast! I know you have to pay taxes on the cash but we will still be ahead. Be sure to thoroughly check out this option before you dismiss it.

I do not have experience booking Miracosta using DVC points but wanted to make a couple of comments (one of which you will likely hear from others). You can book with DVC points at six months (providing the point charts for that time frame are out) so that gives you a one-month advantage over cash bookings. I am a DVC member and was saving points to make a trip next year but I saw that a lot of people say that is not a cost-effective use of the points and that you should rent your DVC points and then pay cash. I still planned to book with points to avoid tax consequences until the points required increased (look at the chart for the portion of 2020 that has been released). Since we no longer had enough points to reserve for four nights, I did rent the points and now, based on what I have seen, think I have enough cash to not only book for cash but to make two nights (and three days) into the package deal that includes tickets and fast passes and breakfast! I know you have to pay taxes on the cash but we will still be ahead. Be sure to thoroughly check out this option before you dismiss it.
I’ve read the same regarding using points in general for DCL and Disney Hotels, but saw how terribly difficult and convoluted booking at 5 months can be. Therefore I have assigned a premium to booking at 6months to avoid that hassle. What do you think?

I’ve read the same regarding using points in general for DCL and Disney Hotels, but saw how terribly difficult and convoluted booking at 5 months can be. Therefore I have assigned a premium to booking at 6months to avoid that hassle. What do you think?
That was one of my reasons when I planned to book with points. Vacation packages can also be booked at 6 months. You would still need to book additional nights at the 5-month mark unless you booked back-to-back vacation packages and ignored the doubling up of tickets for the middle day (I saw that someone else posted about doing that). In our case, we no longer had enough points even with banking and borrowing to book four nights at Miracosta with points when they increased the rates so that helped me make the decision not to book with points. Before making this decision, I also went on the website and made a practice booking for five months out that I did not plan to use. It seemed to go relatively smoothly (using my DVC sign-in) and rooms other than the most popular were still available even though I was signing on a few days after the bookings opened up at 5 months. I realize that things can change different times of the year but we are not going during the most popular times. Don't forget that you will need to pay $95 to use your points to book there and once converted, they cannot be converted back to use for DVC (if, for some reason, you had to cancel your vacation).

How much did you actually rent your points out for? People write $17-19 per point but is that actually what they get? One post said in practice it is more like 14-15$ per point.

I used a service rather than post them on disboards. I have Grand Floridian so I received $14.50 per point (they pay a premium for certain resorts) and someone else handled all the contracts, etc. I know you can get a little more than that posting them on disboards but I have not done enough postings to be able to sell them here. If people are only getting $14-$15 per point on disboards, I would definitely recommend using a service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!