Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks dessert party plaza garden viewing

Bad news friends. I just got off the phone with a CM and she contacted "Art" with Guest Services to find out why there was zero availability for the Plaza Garden viewing location. Art said that he can see that the entire month of December is booked solid. She said the party started selling on May 21. She was amazed, but said that "Art" had the ability to see the details on the month of December for that specific party and sadly, they are all gone. So, take that for what it is worth, but it looks like that was the hot ticket. Let me know if you think "Art" is incorrect and I'll have a little hope.

So, take that for what it is worth, but it looks like that was the hot ticket. Let me know if you think "Art" is incorrect and I'll have a little hope.

I donno... I’ve followed various dessert parties, events, and such for awhile and just don’t see how this is possible with the Plaza Garden version. Unless they are drastically reducing the headcount for some reason, another group sharing use of the garden, etc, then it still smells fishy to me.

I'm still not having any luck booking in December. Anyone been able to book in December?

Also, can anyone who has done this dessert party before tell me what time you can arrive for the party? I'm trying to plan out the evening and am unclear if the party is for 1 hour before the fireworks or for an hour and a half? I don't think I'll need an entire 90 minutes to eat desserts. Any clarity on this?

Just booked last night, was able to get 12/26! Other dates in that window (after the Christmas Party dates) appear to be available as well.

Also you probably don't need to show up at exactly that time, but per the booking, the dessert party begins at 8:30 pm on a night with 10 pm fireworks, so 1.5 hrs.

Just booked last night, was able to get 12/26! Other dates in that window (after the Christmas Party dates) appear to be available as well.

I'm referring to the Christmas Party night fireworks only. I don't believe that the Christmas party is available on the 26th. I think it's called "Minnie's wonderful christmastime fireworks dessert party with plaza view". I want to be wrong. But, I don't see any availability for even one person from the last party night in November through the last party night in December.

I'm referring to the Christmas Party night fireworks only. I don't believe that the Christmas party is available on the 26th. I think it's called "Minnie's wonderful christmastime fireworks dessert party with plaza view". I want to be wrong. But, I don't see any availability for even one person from the last party night in November through the last party night in December.

No you're right, the Christmas party only runs until 12/22. :( Hope something opens up for you if your goal is to attend both the party & fireworks!

If you just wanted to see the Christmas fireworks though, they continue to run past the end of the party until early January (as well as the Christmas parade and other holiday entertainment)-- so if your trip happens to cross over, you could always try booking a non-party night instead?

Has anyone been able to book plaza viewing for MVMCP in December? It keeps showing no tables available for the whole month. I assume they haven't released December yet. Just checking if I am missing something.
Hi All,
It’s already October and still nothing in December (during Mickeys Christmas Party).
I’m looking for December 10th. I still think Disney has it blocked. I’ve also been to several Desert Parties and have never seen them sold out this far in advance.

Has anybody had any luck getting a reservation in December?

Nikki

Hi All,
It’s already October and still nothing in December (during Mickeys Christmas Party).
I’m looking for December 10th. I still think Disney has it blocked. I’ve also been to several Desert Parties and have never seen them sold out this far in advance.

Has anybody had any luck getting a reservation in December?

Nikki

Still no luck. And now I’m hearing that they closed reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing party too. Not sure what’s going on with it.

I booked the Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace for December 10 back on September 4. We wanted the Plaza Garden viewing, but it wasn’t available, so we grabbed the terrace viewing.

I'm really tempted to book this party for our dates, but I'm having a hard time finding details about it. Can anyone tell me how much time the dessert party takes up, and if there is seating for everyone?

I'm really tempted to book this party for our dates, but I'm having a hard time finding details about it. Can anyone tell me how much time the dessert party takes up, and if there is seating for everyone?

As little or as much time as you like - there's a certain time that you can "check-in" by, go eat, then stake out a spot on the "lawn". And yes, there's seating for everyone, but at some point they'll tell you to go down to the lawn area to sit and watch the show unless you booked the Terrace view in which case you stay and dont go to the lawn area. We've done both - but only the Terrace before it became HEA and for our family, we much preferred the Terrace.

Also adding, when we did HEA Plaza View I believe the fireworks were scheduled for 9:00 pm and I think we got in line to check in around 7:45 and there were people ahead of us, as well as people that showed up as we were leaving to get our spot on the lawn that were just checking in.

As little or as much time as you like - there's a certain time that you can "check-in" by, go eat, then stake out a spot on the "lawn". And yes, there's seating for everyone, but at some point they'll tell you to go down to the lawn area to sit and watch the show unless you booked the Terrace view in which case you stay and dont go to the lawn area. We've done both - but only the Terrace before it became HEA and for our family, we much preferred the Terrace.
Can I ask what you prefer about the terrace? I can’t decide which one to book.

The dessert party during things like MNSSHP and MVMCP can be a tricky thing. The Plaza Garden viewing check-in is 1.5 hours pre-show, the Tomorrowland Terrace version is 1 hour pre-show. You certainly don't have to check-in that early, although some will. For us, that's WAY too much time to take up during party time... so we'll go later.

With the Plaza Garden version, you eat desserts in the upper Tomorrowland Terrace and then move to the Plaza Garden East (grassy area in the Hub) at the timing of your choosing to watch the fireworks. This party has the "better" view as you're smack in the middle of the Hub, the projections are clearly visible, and you have a great view of all firework launch points. People will generally sit on the fake grass pre-show and will either sit or stand once the show starts (seems to always be one group that stands in the front which makes everyone stand).

With the Tomorrowland Terrace version, you eat desserts in the lower Tomorrowland Terrace and stay in those seats/tables to watch the show. The viewing angle is "off to the side" and there are more obstructions between you and the castle (exact obstructions can vary depending on the table placement). You miss some lower projections and some don't like the viewing angle. But, you're at a table the whole time, and that's a better setup for some.

Hope that makes sense... happy to answer any questions!

Can you go to the garden area right away at 830 and watch the parade?

Trying to figure out logistics of catching the 830 parade as well. Have a 2.5 year old so the late parade isn't really an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter