Minnie Van Airport Service

TinkBink

Mouseketeer
We have booked the minnie van airport service for our trip which is in about 3 weeks. My confirmation said they will contact us closer to the trip date to coordinate. Does anyone know how far out they contact you? Thank you!

We have booked the minnie van airport service for our trip which is in about 3 weeks. My confirmation said they will contact us closer to the trip date to coordinate. Does anyone know how far out they contact you? Thank you!

Here’s a recent experience, FWIW:

MCO to Resort ride date: 12/14

12/9 - reminder email stating they’ll reach out one day prior to confirm travel

12/13 - phone call with VM (which I missed), a bit later received a “sorry we missed you” email and could either call or reply to that email confirming travel

12/14 (day of reservation) - recieved email that morning with arrival info and saying that closer to our arrival they’ll send another email with driver name, etc. We received this second email during the flight.

You get the same set of communications for your departure trip as well.

I have to say the level and quality of the pre-arrival communication is really top notch. It’s surprisingly well-executed. I sort of figured this service would be something that Disney wouldn’t handle well, but they seem to have the staffing and technology set up to make it an efficient guest experience.

Random note, they recently added some suburbans to the airport run fleet which help out of ton with more room for luggage and overall vehicle space over the Traverse.

Hope that helps. Happy to answer any questions.

Thank you so much that was very helpful! We usually use the magical express but it's our first trip with a toddler so we are hoping to just get to our hotel a little quicker this time!

For an upcoming trip, I am thinking about booking a Minnie van to return to MCO, instead of taking Magical Express. My mother is elderly and on our last vacation, we waited for more than 2 hours at the airport before the flight. We both have TSA Precheck for security so went through quickly. What time does a Minnie Van pick you up before returning to the airport? I know it is more expensive but would like to take advantage of RAC rather than bringing our luggage to the airport. Thanks for any information.

For an upcoming trip, I am thinking about booking a Minnie van to return to MCO, instead of taking Magical Express. My mother is elderly and on our last vacation, we waited for more than 2 hours at the airport before the flight. We both have TSA Precheck for security so went through quickly. What time does a Minnie Van pick you up before returning to the airport? I know it is more expensive but would like to take advantage of RAC rather than bringing our luggage to the airport. Thanks for any information.

2 hours prior to your flight departure. The last time I booked (for a trip last week) they did suggest / recommend more than 2 hours (they may have suggested 2.5, I can’t remember) but were happy to accommodate 2 hours. We have pre-check as well and are comfortable with 2 hours, so it works well for our air travel preferences.

you don't have to use Disney-owned transportation to use RAC. Anyone flying out on a participating airline can check in/check luggage with RAC. So you could use Lyft/Über/taxi/car service for the ride to the airport - each for substantially less than the MinnieVan cost.

Thank you very much for the information!

2 hours prior to your flight departure. The last time I booked (for a trip last week) they did suggest / recommend more than 2 hours (they may have suggested 2.5, I can’t remember) but were happy to accommodate 2 hours. We have pre-check as well and are comfortable with 2 hours, so it works well for our air travel preferences.

Thank you very much for the information!

Here’s a recent experience, FWIW:

MCO to Resort ride date: 12/14

12/9 - reminder email stating they’ll reach out one day prior to confirm travel

12/13 - phone call with VM (which I missed), a bit later received a “sorry we missed you” email and could either call or reply to that email confirming travel

12/14 (day of reservation) - recieved email that morning with arrival info and saying that closer to our arrival they’ll send another email with driver name, etc. We received this second email during the flight.

You get the same set of communications for your departure trip as well.

I have to say the level and quality of the pre-arrival communication is really top notch. It’s surprisingly well-executed. I sort of figured this service would be something that Disney wouldn’t handle well, but they seem to have the staffing and technology set up to make it an efficient guest experience.

Random note, they recently added some suburbans to the airport run fleet which help out of ton with more room for luggage and overall vehicle space over the Traverse.

Hope that helps. Happy to answer any questions.

We're doing Minnie Van to and from the airport in about 2 weeks. I'm wondering - what did you do with your luggage? I know when returning to the airport, we'll use RAC, but what about from the airport to resort? Did you take it with you on the Minnie Van? Stick the 'yellow tags' on them and had Disney deliver them to your resort? We're traveling with 2 young kids, so I'm trying to figure out how much of a pain getting our luggage hauled to the resort will be.

We're doing Minnie Van to and from the airport in about 2 weeks. I'm wondering - what did you do with your luggage? I know when returning to the airport, we'll use RAC, but what about from the airport to resort? Did you take it with you on the Minnie Van? Stick the 'yellow tags' on them and had Disney deliver them to your resort? We're traveling with 2 young kids, so I'm trying to figure out how much of a pain getting our luggage hauled to the resort will be.

We got our bags ourself from baggage claim and just transported it with us via Minnie Van. I guess DME/yellow tags would be an option, but we’re fine with doing it ourselves (and like having access to our bags when we arrive).

They park the Minnie Van a floor or two right below baggage claim - you get your bags and it’s a very short elevator ride / walk to the vehicle. The driver can provide a helping hand with bags if needed. (Caveat in that my experience with baggage claim is with Delta, I can’t vouch for baggage claim proximity to where they park the Minnie Van for other airlines).

Thanks for answering my unasked question. I'm considering Uber for my next return trip to the airport. The airline, Southwest, is great on wheelchair assistance TO DME, so I'll take DME to the hotel. But on the return, DME drops off so far from Southwest, and both times I waited FOREVER for a wheelchair. I think Uber would drop me off right outside Southwest check-in. Glad to know I can still use RAC.

We have booked the Minnie van airport service for our trip which is in about 3 weeks. My confirmation said they will contact us closer to the trip date to coordinate. Does anyone know how far out they contact you? Thank you!

Just wanted to share my recent experience with Minnie Van service to/from Orlando International Airport and yes, I know this service is far more expensive than using a private car service, regular Uber/Lyft, or Disney's magical express service.

Before Trip Booking and Confirmation:
The booking process went very smoothly and I received email confirmations for arrival and departure from the resort. The day before arrival received a telephone call to confirm flight information. On arrival, I did not receive a text message with the information of my driver, but my driver was waiting for me at the baggage claim area.

Resort Arrival:
I had a wonderful, professional, and friendly driver that helped carry my luggage to the car. The Minnie Van had water, sparkling water, mints/candy to have on the way to the resort, which the driver encouraged me to take a few extras for the trip. We had a nice conversation and it was a pleasant way to get to the resort and start a vacation. The best thing about the Minnie Van ride to the resort was checking in at the front desk --it eliminated the number of guests at the check-in desk from DME. But, again I was simply lucky that the Minnie van did not arrive at the resort along with a DME bus. It took about 45 minutes from landing at MCO to claim luggage and be at the check-in desk at the Boardwalk Inn.

Resort Departure:
I decided to schedule my return Minnie van ride to the airport for about 2 hours before my flight (left at 12:30 pm for a 2:19 pm flight departure). I have TSA precheck, so this worked out very well for me. I do not like to spend time in the terminal before the flight. I usually just grab some water and a snack and use the restroom before boarding time, so do not need to be at the gate more than 20 minutes before boarding. The Minnie Van was on time for pick-up at the resort and it took about 30 minutes to arrive at the airport. I took advantage of the RAC service, so did not have any baggage to check at the airport. Some advantages of the return ride were that it allowed me to stay longer at the Disney resort to swim, pack, and have a late breakfast -- also, the Minnie Van dropped off at the airport on the same level as security and the same side for my airline, so I did not have to walk miles for TSA security -- this saved me time on a busy day at the airport. Also, my driver was friendly and professional -- so it was an easy and stress-free ride back to the airport.

Would I use the Minnie Van service to/from the airport on my next trip?

More than likely, I would use DME to arrive at the resort to save some money. If Disney provided a 15% discount for round trip service, I would book for the round trip -- it is nice to arrive at the resort early, check-in and go off to enjoy all the resort amenities and go to the parks. Also, it would be nice to get a discount for Minnie Van services during your stay -- even 5% for the duration of the vacation or a coupon code for $15 dollars off one ride.(I have an advantage of being able to take early, non-stop flights from Boston, MA or Providence, RI, -- so it almost gives me an "extra" day of vacation when I arrive at the resort at 9:45 am). However, I do wish that Minnie Van riders could use the DME luggage service and not have to claim luggage. Without question, I am going to book return service for an upcoming trip in September -- we have a late flight home, so want to be able to have lunch and park/swim on the last day.

Of course, I am considering round trip service, because we will be arriving only 2 weeks after Galaxy Edge opens -- was debating canceling the trip, but had a great rate with free dining and cheap flights. But, there are alot of nice ways to spend ($150) in the parks.

If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer for you.

There's a pinned thread about tagging your luggage but not taking DME. Magical Express is not a luggage-only service, but people who've done this have not had an issue, for the most part.

Just wanted to share my recent experience with Minnie Van service to/from Orlando International Airport and yes, I know this service is far more expensive than using a private car service, regular Uber/Lyft, or Disney's magical express service.

Before Trip Booking and Confirmation:
The booking process went very smoothly and I received email confirmations for arrival and departure from the resort. The day before arrival received a telephone call to confirm flight information. On arrival, I did not receive a text message with the information of my driver, but my driver was waiting for me at the baggage claim area.

Resort Arrival:
I had a wonderful, professional, and friendly driver that helped carry my luggage to the car. The Minnie Van had water, sparkling water, mints/candy to have on the way to the resort, which the driver encouraged me to take a few extras for the trip. We had a nice conversation and it was a pleasant way to get to the resort and start a vacation. The best thing about the Minnie Van ride to the resort was checking in at the front desk --it eliminated the number of guests at the check-in desk from DME. But, again I was simply lucky that the Minnie van did not arrive at the resort along with a DME bus. It took about 45 minutes from landing at MCO to claim luggage and be at the check-in desk at the Boardwalk Inn.

If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer for you.

I was grateful to find this. I just booked a Minnie Van from MCO to our resort for 11/10. We are scheduled to arrive at 8:30pm after a very long day, and I decided that the (steep) price was worth it for us to get to the resort quickly and efficiently. The CM told me that I would not have an e-mail confirmation, but could find confirmation on the app. After searching fruitlessly, I saw this, and will relax about it and hope that I have the same kind of contact as the trip gets closer.

I was grateful to find this. I just booked a Minnie Van from MCO to our resort for 11/10. We are scheduled to arrive at 8:30pm after a very long day, and I decided that the (steep) price was worth it for us to get to the resort quickly and efficiently. The CM told me that I would not have an e-mail confirmation, but could find confirmation on the app. After searching fruitlessly, I saw this, and will relax about it and hope that I have the same kind of contact as the trip gets closer.
The app confirmation is new. But, I would keep the confirmation number on your phone with the number for the Minnie Van, just in case. Before the pick-up at MCO, I received a telephone call to confirm all the information and again before departure from the resort. It is a great way to arrive at the resort in a timely manner with the Disney touch of whimsy and magic. For all of my trips, I have used the return service to MCO -- it is great to arrive on the same level as security and eliminate the stress of the bus ride. Enjoy your vacation. Remember, time is money at Disney and you might be able to catch the fireworks with Minnie Van service or take a swim in the resort pool before sleep.

The app confirmation is new. But, I would keep the confirmation number on your phone with the number for the Minnie Van, just in case. Before the pick-up at MCO, I received a telephone call to confirm all the information and again before departure from the resort. It is a great way to arrive at the resort in a timely manner with the Disney touch of whimsy and magic. For all of my trips, I have used the return service to MCO -- it is great to arrive on the same level as security and eliminate the stress of the bus ride. Enjoy your vacation. Remember, time is money at Disney and you might be able to catch the fireworks with Minnie Van service or take a swim in the resort pool before sleep.

Or get something to eat at the resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter