Minnie Ride Pricing

donac

Wife, mother, math teacher, quilter
Dh and I will be having dinner at Ohana one night. We have a 7:50 reservation and we figure we will be there for fireworks. How much is it to go from the Poly to Riverside by Minnie van? Do I have to set that up ahead of time? Last time we ate at Ohana we were staying at the Poly.

Thanks

It's $15 + $2.75 per mile...whatever that works out to. Get the mileage from Google Maps or similar.

No, you don't "set it up ahead of time." You order the ride on your Lyft app when you are ready to go. You can't preschedule.

$2.75 / mile, YIKES.

I mapped it out ... it's 3 miles to POR from the Poly. About $22.25. A regular Lyft starts at $8-10 for the same trip.

The Lyft app will give you specific pricing, as of right now it shows $30.44 to ride from the pickup area of Polynesian and be dropped off at the POR main lobby.

$2.75 / mile, YIKES.

I mapped it out ... it's 3 miles to POR from the Poly. About $22.25. A regular Lyft starts at $8-10 for the same trip.
Yes, it's a LOT more than regular Uber/Lyft. And the quote above from the Lyft app is probably more accurate than your estimate using Maps.

I guess I will have to get the Lyft or Uber app. Never had to use one before.

There is a website called rideguru.com that will not only give you Lyft and Uber prices for rides from one point to another point, but also give you the mileage so you can figure out what a Minnie Van would cost you for trhe same trip.

I guess I will have to get the Lyft or Uber app. Never had to use one before.
Yes, if you want to use MinnieVan, you MUST have the Lyft app on your phone. There is no other way to order MV.

I drive for both companies, and I recommend that riders have both apps on their phone. And if you are going to use Uber or Lyft (rather than MinnieVan), always check both apps for pricing. The companies' rates are generally similar, but they do NOT always price specific rides the same -- so it's good to price check.

Yes, if you want to use MinnieVan, you MUST have the Lyft app on your phone. There is no other way to order MV.

I drive for both companies, and I recommend that riders have both apps on their phone. And if you are going to use Uber or Lyft (rather than MinnieVan), always check both apps for pricing. The companies' rates are generally similar, but they do NOT always price specific rides the same -- so it's good to price check.

I also recommend both apps, and comparing pricing. They are, as you said, generally similar but not always and sometimes there are promotions/ coupons. If you use a promotion/ coupon please tip your driver on the pre-discounted amount.

I also recommend both apps, and comparing pricing. They are, as you said, generally similar but not always and sometimes there are promotions/ coupons. If you use a promotion/ coupon please tip your driver on the pre-discounted amount.

I thought a tip was included in the rate?

It's not included. When your ride ends, a notification will pop up asking you to rate your ride/ driver and add a tip if you want to.

Minnie Van CM is considered a tipped position, so you would tip them using the app or in cash.

Never has been either for MinnieVan or Uber/Lyft. That was a lie that the "bad old Uber" spread 8-9 years ago when the driver pay was double or triple what it is today.

Rideshare drivers are paid based entirely on mileage and time. No tip is included, and what you pay as a customer has nothing to do with what the driver is paid. MV drivers are salaried Disney employees.

When MV first started drivers were not allowed to accept tips. Then, they had to decline any tips first and only accept them if the rider "insisted." Finally Disney came to their senses and allowed tipping.

Thanks, everyone for straightening me out! Fortunately, I tipped when used a MV last year but haven't used Lyft or Uber yet.

(Sorry OP for the hijack)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts