mini trip report & video of 5 days at Disneyland

Amw1064

DIS Veteran
We arrived late afternoon to Grand CA and made our way into Disneyland for our first ever visit. We were two families with both of us having 15 year old daughters and annual WDW passes for all of their lives and hundreds of visits under our belts. We looked like typical first timers with not knowing where to go, what to do first and this confused us since we were after all, WDW vets. We had 5 day hopper passes to figure it all out. We did that and had a great time. We hit the parks early and stayed late at night. I have never been so tired in my life but had the greatest time possible. We loved everything about it. Our character breakfast was nothing like what we were use to at home. We loved the Disneyland versions of all the rides. We felt like whatever ride they had that we had, Disneyland was definitely better. I think maybe Splash Mountain was the one exception and of course we love our big castle. We thought this to be a once in a lifetime thing to go see Disneyland but are now counting our days to go back. Instead of pictures, here is a video my daughter made of our trip.

Thanks for the mini trip report. Your video is awesome!

What was your favorite ride(s)? Any favorite meals or snacks?

Thanks for the mini trip report. Your video is awesome!

What was your favorite ride(s)? Any favorite meals or snacks?
We loved Carsland. My daughter is not a fan or Tower of Terror at WDW and she did not like Guardians of the Galaxy but my husband thought it was awesome. Due to motion sickness that is one ride I absolutely can not do. We thought Matterhorn was very jerky, Big Thunder Mountain they loved. We fell in love with Its a Small World and Autotopia. They are both so different than at WDW. (and better) We liked Toontown and all the little Fantasy Land Rides. We loved the bigger Launch Bay and we finally got to meet Rey since she is not a regular meet and greet at WDW. Loved the Frozen show. We honestly loved it all but I would have to say Carsland won us over. Our only big disappointment was that Incredicoaster and Fun Wheel were still not opened so every night we got to watch them testing them.

As for food, we mostly did quick service restaurants and everything we ate was so good in comparison at WDW. I swear I never eat so many chicken nuggets when we are there. We had some chicken salad bread bowls at CA Adventure. In the Pacific Wharf area. It was soooo good. Some other really strange but delicious hot dog maybe near Frozen or Guardians. (I was always so turned around, I never knew where I was at) We had a great salad at the Belle quick service in Disneyland and enjoyed our food at the French Quarter quick serve as well as Flo's in Carsland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter