Mimosas, Mickey Ears and Magic! 17 Days of Disney Delights *Complete

What a fun trip out West. I am also dying to try In 'n Out Burger - like to the point I want to find the closest one to me and plan an entire trip around it. Is that weird? :rotfl2: So cool you got to go to Disneyland!! I've only been once for about 24 hours ten years ago when I could combine it with a work trip but really loved it. So magical. Funny to be in a place that feels familiar and yet is so different. I also loved Indiana Jones. Cool celebrity sighting! Overall it looks like you had some really terrific meals. What did you think about their F&W festival? Is it worth trying to plan a trip to coincide with it or is there not enough going on to warrant that?

It looks like you had a great time in Disneyland. We just got back today! It was so much fun. We ate at in n out too although we didn’t think it was that good. Which is sad but cause I was looking forward to it. Oh well. I completely agree with you about carsland. My cousin and I loved guardians of the galaxy ride. Wish we rode it again. Welcome back I cannot wait to read more.

Omg these are so cute!

This looks even better than the one in Epcot yum.

Right? I was so taken aback by how cute the little plane cookies were. Nice touch Southwest!

Not sure if it was better, but I would say it was about equal to the Epcot one. I liked the different presentation of it.

Great updates. Love the Disneyland trip, looks like a very fun time and good food options. I love In and Out Burger! I miss it so much, my parents lived in AZ for 20 years and I would eat at in and Out at least 2-3x a trip. We don’t have them here either!

Thank you! Why is the West Coast hoarding the food fast food options? Free In-N-Out Burger and bring them East!

The Disneyland Hotel is super special! I'm glad you got to stay there for this trip! Don't you love those headboards?

Overall, good food selections! Good to hear that the World of Color Dessert Party is enjoyable!

It was amazing! It was so different from the WDW resorts. I really loved it. I don't think I could stay anywhere else if I went back. The headboard was awesome!

I didn't get to try nearly as much as I wanted, but I felt like what I had was good and I now I can try different stuff the next time I go. It was really good! Because of the way you can only stand for that show in such a crowded space this was a great option.

Love your latest updates. Boy, Disneyland has sure changed a lot since I was there in 1981. :laughing:

Thank you! :laughing: I can imagine! I know it's changed just since I was there in 2005 lol.

Great update! All the food looked good.

Thank you! Everything was awesome! I want to go back!

I’m so happy you included your bonus trip in with this report!! I loved following along with you on FB/Insta so it was so nice to read the play by play details too. The Mission Breakout is so high on my bucket list but I want to wait to to do DL until that construction is finished. I have only done Vegas once so now I’m tempted to go back being it is only a 4 hour drive to DL. I absolutely love the idea of a dessert party with a table that they serve you at. I haven’t booked one yet bc it seems so chaotic with the buffet and scrambling to get a spot to view. Awesome updates, Jeri!!!

Awww yay! Thank you! Yes, definitely wait for everything to be done. I want to go back in 2 years when everything is done. It was honestly a super easy drive from Vegas to DLR. The roads once you get closer to Anaheim are a little bit crazy, but mostly it is one road the whole way there. Yes, this dessert party was so calm compared to the Star Wars one I did. It was nice to have an assigned table with actual seats! So glad you enjoyed the updates! It was such an amazing trip.

How awesome you got to do Vegas and Disneyland. Two of my favorite places as we got married in Vegas and honeymooned at Disneyland.

Oh how I'd love to have a relative in Vegas. We used to go once or twice a year before our daughter was born, but sadly have only been once in the last 7 years. I miss all the amazing food and entertainment. Love Red Rock too. It's like visiting another planet.

Looks like you all truly made the most out of your 2 days in Disneyland. Especially all the food :-) I wish Disney World had counter service of the caliber of DL, they really do it right!

How awesome! Sounds like so much fun for a wedding/honeymoon.

I am seriously excited that my mom is out there now. It's perfect. I'm already plotting on another Vegas trip around the same time next year, but doing more Vegas stuff like shows and whatnot.

It was weird to have the opposite touring style from what I have in WDW. I went all out for those two park days. My feet were not happy about it. :rotfl: I really did love the difference in the options. There is so much more I want to try!

What a fun trip out West. I am also dying to try In 'n Out Burger - like to the point I want to find the closest one to me and plan an entire trip around it. Is that weird? :rotfl2: So cool you got to go to Disneyland!! I've only been once for about 24 hours ten years ago when I could combine it with a work trip but really loved it. So magical. Funny to be in a place that feels familiar and yet is so different. I also loved Indiana Jones. Cool celebrity sighting! Overall it looks like you had some really terrific meals. What did you think about their F&W festival? Is it worth trying to plan a trip to coincide with it or is there not enough going on to warrant that?

:laughing: Not weird at all as we are about to do that with Tom and Chee. And it's totally worth it! It's such a bucket list thing.

It really was magical in a way that is so different from WDW. That is so true. When walking around the different areas its crazy how similar and yet different each area of the park is. Honestly, I didn't love their F&W at all. I had some good stuff, but it was waaaaaayyyy pricier and there wasn't the excitement that you get at the Epcot F&W. It was so different. Personally, I wouldn't plan around it.

Great trip report! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you so much! More coming up!

It looks like you had a great time in Disneyland. We just got back today! It was so much fun. We ate at in n out too although we didn’t think it was that good. Which is sad but cause I was looking forward to it. Oh well. I completely agree with you about carsland. My cousin and I loved guardians of the galaxy ride. Wish we rode it again. Welcome back I cannot wait to read more.

Oh yay how fun! Such a bummer that you weren't thrilled by In-N-Out. Honestly, it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, but I still enjoyed it and would definitely go back. Yes! Guardians was amazing! I wish I rode it again also. Especially because there was still no line when I got off, but my brother was not feeling it lol.

To finish up the last our my West Coast Disney food trip, our last morning in Disneyland we woke up to it pouring down rain.

So glad it didn't rain like this the other two days, but it was a bummer because we were supposed to spend the rest of the day at Huntington Beach as we have never seen the Pacific Ocean. Well, we decided to cancel our beach day and I called about getting a late check out, which we were granted until noon. Brunch it is!

We walked over to the Fantasy Tower to see if there was any availability at Goofy's Kitchen.

After a short wait in line they said they could take us with no reservation. They did something here that I loved. We paid in advance before we were seated. They took off 10% for DVC and added the tax and gratuity and we paid at the check-in counter. This was great because once you are ready to leave, you can just bounce rather then waiting for your server to bring the check, waiting for them to pick up your card and then waiting for them to bring it back, which can sometimes take awhile. Love this system! The only downside to this was that our server was garbage and I would have left a very small tip, but I'll pay extra for the convenience of paying ahead.

We were seated and after our server took our drink orders we hit the large brunch buffet.

Had to start with their famous Peanut Butter & Jelly Pizza.

They had a huge dessert selection!

Chicken nuggets, Mickey pancakes, French toast and Mickey waffles.

Not the best pictures, but I forgot my camera and only had my phone.

My first plate was ham, monkey bread, breakfast potatoes, peanut butter and jelly pizza, Mickey pancake and bacon.

Everything was really good! I loved the monkey bread! The PB&J pizza was interesting and tasted exactly how you would think it would taste. This is a cool treat for kids and adults.

Chip stopped by for a visit!

Dale came over as I was getting my second plate and never came back which was a bummer.

My second plate was more money bread and my own chicken and waffles with chicken nuggets and a Mickey waffle.

I was waiting and waiting and waiting on Minnie as I had all my Minnie attire on and it took forever for her to get to us and the picture of me with Minnie that my mom took was awful. I did get a cute pic of her with my mom though.

I wanted a selfie too, but she ran off pretty quickly.

My next plate was more on the lunch side of brunch and I got carne asada and pesto chicken pasta.

This was really really good! I loved the pasta. In fact I liked it so much that my last plate was more pats and gooey chocolate cake.

The cake was really good! I wish I had more room for other dessert options as they had an excellent looking selection.

Our server never came back with drink refills this whole time. He said he was taking a break and told the person taking over to refill for us and they were on their way. That person came over and asked what we wanted about 20 minutes later and then came back only with drinks for the table next to us which they spilled all over their table. Are asked again and still nothing. We never even saw him again. So we had a pile of dirty plates and no drinks. It was really not good for a buffet service.

With the characters we only saw Chip and briefly Minnie and missed Dale. I could not figure out any pattern to how they were stopping at tables and each stop was so brief from what I could see. We never got to see Goofy as he left his photo op up front as was coming around. We never saw Pluto either. And we were there for quite awhile. I have never had that type of experience at WDW character meals. I always see every character once if not twice and I'm there for less time. I was a little bummed.

Overall, this was enjoyable, but there was a lot of room for improvement with the service and character experience. I loved the atmosphere, how close it was to our room and the food. Better service and a little more interaction with the characters would have put this over the top for me.

After brunch we explored the lobby a little but more and looked at all the cool displays. They had a massive display of old Disney merch that was really cool.

These chairs in the lobby are just to die for.

The magic you guys! It's so here in this hotel.

After they we said goodbye to our room!

And goodbye to Mickey and Minnie!

And so ends our super magical Disneyland vacation. I didn't get the feeling of immediate homesickness that I do when leaving WDW, but the magic of this place stayed with me and really has me wanting to go back again soon. I think in 2020 I will be back. If you haven't done DLR or if it has been a long time, like it was for me, go back! It's so different from WDW, but in great ways. I miss it already.

And just to round out the rest of my West Coast trip, since we had to cancel our beach day we came back to Vegas and watched Tangled and made dinner together. Then the next morning we hit one of my bucket list spots, the Hoover Dam!

"Where can I get some dam bait?" Vegas Vacation anyone?

In two states at once!

Then we checked out Lake Mead.

We even hiked around Lake Mead for a bit and found the most amazing spring in the middle of the desert.

Naturally, this full day worked up some hunger so we had to stop at my final fast food must-do of the trip. Del Taco!

IMG_0154.jpg

You guys, this was my fav spot! Del Taco is a must! I got the carne asada wet burrito plato with rice and refried beans.

IMG_0150.jpg

This was so good and so fresh.

It also came with chips and salsa.

They had tons of different sauce packets on every table, so I tried them all.

I also got a churro and a Cherry Coke.

How cute is that packaging on the churro?

And then I got caramel cheesecake bites for later.

These were just little pockets of heaven.

I got the burrito plato, chips, drink and churro for less than $10! And it was all so good and the portions were huge. This is my new favorite spot. I wish there was one near me at home. Guys, Del Taco. Do it.

The next morning we left at 6:00am for the airport and said goodbye to our mom and had a super easy flight back to Philly and the cold where there is no Del Taco. :rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing in my West Coast trip! Now back to what you came here for, Disney World foodies!

Last edited:
Back to Disney World!

The next day after our non-park day we hit up MK bright and early. We got to the park well before rope drop and bag check took so long that we didn't get into the park until 9:30am. Ugh. But, we're here!

We were hungry and decided to stop at Sleepy Hollow close to the castle for breakfast. It has been awhile since we came here before so it was about time for another meal here.

Rob got the Egg and Cheese Omelet Waffle Sandwich with ham, cheese, egg and tomato on warm golden waffle.

He really liked this and said there was a good amount of cheese on it.

I got the Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich with Nutella.

Just look at this! It is a thing of beauty.

I loved this! I can't believe it took me so long to try this. I have been missing out!

I had to eat this with a knife and fork, but that is totally fine. I loved all of the fruit and that Nutella spread on there is wow. I highly recommend this!

As a bonus when I was waiting for Rob after breakfast this guy came up behind me as I was staring at my phone. :rotfl2:Oh hey, you crazy country bear!

We rode SDMT with a FP, BTMR with a FP, we did the Tiki Room which is a favorite, Peter Pan with a FP and then I snagged a FP for Haunted Mansion.

The lunch options and MK were not appealing to us in that moment, so we left the park and took the monorail to TTC and then another monorail to Epcot. Yay! I love taking the monorail to Epcot.

We stopped at Club Cool first because I was actually kinda thirsty and didn't feel like paying for an actual drink. :laughing:

Then we grabbed maps for the Figment's Brush with the Masters search and started our search around WS.

We eventually turned these for our prizes. Look how awesome these pins are for the prize this year! I love these!

We also checked out the living art for the festival.

And the current mural for the week.

Eventually we ended up at Rose & Crown for lunch, which is a favorite spot of ours.

We were seated with very little wait and picked up some Liverpool Football shirts in the gift shop across the way that were new while we waited. LFC fans over here!

After we were seated we put in drink orders. I got my favorite, the Cider & Black. Cider with a shot of Black Currant Juice.

Cheers!

Rob got the Half & Half Blend. Half Harp and Half Guinness.

We decided to split the United Kingdom Cheese Platter.

This was really good. I loved the McCall's Irish Cheddar with the onion jam in the center. I could have eaten that all myself. I liked the Stilton blue cheese with the cranberries and almonds, but blue cheese is just too strong for me, so I didn't have a lot of it. The Cotswold Cheese with pickled veggies was okay, but I didn't love it. That chive and onion flavor didn't do it for me.

For my entree I had the Welsh Pub Burger. Angus beef patty with Welsh Rarebit sauce, Branston mayonnaise, bacon, and beer-battered leeks, but I left off the mayo.

This was really good. Nothing particularly special about it except for the leeks, which I wish there were more of, but overall it was good.

Rob got the Chicken Masala Curry with seasoned vegetables, Basmati rice, and raita.

He thought this was good, but not particularly memorable. He loves curry and has not had this dish here, so he was glad he tried it but it's nothing he is dying to have again.

While our food here today was good, but nothing spectacular, our service was excellent. I always love the servers here and today our server was particularly friendly and was talking to us a lot about how she came to work here and her family back at home. Great service made the meal better for sure!

After lunch I stopped and got dessert at one of the Festival of the Arts booths. I stopped at Deconstructed Dish for Deconstructed Strawberry Cheesecake. Whipped New York style cheesecake, fresh Florida strawberries, sugar cookies and micro basil.

This was really good! Everything was great individually and when put together. Rob had no interest and said, "I just want a constructed piece of cheesecake." :rotfl2:

After that we were able to ride Soarin' with the FP I managed to book and then Living with the Land with yet another FP and then we walked on to Nemo. We worked the FP system today friends!

When we were in The Land I did see the Rose Gold Cupcake when it first initially debuted here.

The guy behind the counter was like, "You know you want it." :laughing: Right he was, but I wasn't hungry, so I never did get this. But it is gorgeous!

After two parks and tons of walking I was too exhausted to keep going. It was a great day though. Friends it is nap time!

After a super awesome and much needed nap we went out and caught the bus to DS as I did not feel like walking unnecessarily at this point. We were dropped off close to our intended destination. Blaze Pizza!

Just like our previous experiences, the line was out the door and crazy long, but we didn't care, we were in it for the long haul. Overall the wait wasn't that bad. It took us about 30 minutes in total. Here we are at the end of the line after placing our order.

If you haven't been to Blaze, here is the scoop. You can get a plain cheese pizza with just cheese and sauce for $7.25. You can do that with one topping for $8.45 or for just $9.65 for can choose from one of their own creations or create your own insane pizza. If you want high rise dough or gluten free dough for the crust of your pizza it is an extra $2.00. And APs get a discount so it's only about $18 for two crazy build your own pizzas when we go. Awesome, right?! We love this place!

You start by choosing your sauce from traditional red, spicy red, garlic pesto or cream sauce. Then you add cheese. They have it all. Mozzarella, parm, goat, gorgonzola and ricotta. You also choose your toppings. There is too much to even list. Bacon, pepperoni, meatballs, sausage, ham, artichokes, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, peppers, garlic and of course pineapple.

If they don't put on enough of one item you can ask for more. I now ask for more mozzarella every time. It's all one price no matter what you add. You can get it all if you want. You go through the line and add as you go.

At the end you pay and get your buzzer and when your pizza is up you can add drizzles on at the end like BBQ, pesto, olive oil or buffalo sauce. Everything is fast fired in 180 seconds, so it's up quick once you make it through the line.

Tonight we grabbed our pizzas and headed back to the resort with our pizzas in hand.

My pizzas tend to stick to a few primary ingredients with a few minor changes every time. Tonight I got extra mozzarella cheese, red peppers, black olives, pineapple, bacon and oregano with classic red sauce.

It was super amazing as always. I liked adding the bacon this time. That was new for me here.

Rob got ham, chicken, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic with mozzarella and goat cheese and a spicy red sauce.

He was in heaven with his pizza as well.

And as is our tradition we ate in bed while watching Big Bang Theory.

After I finished off my pizza I used a bath bomb from Basin as it was much needed after all the walking today. By the time I came out Rob was fast asleep after our full day. Another successful vacation day!

The next day we were at Epcot early and bag check was the worst I have ever been apart of. It's the day that made me decide to stop bringing in a bag. I couldn't take it. The lines to get in were also crazy, but fortunately the Passholder line was short.

First stop was Sunshine Seasons for breakfast. We both got the breakfast panini.

This was just okay today. I bit into something weird and sandy in this and it was unappealing after that. I think this might be better when I only have a bite of Rob's and not an entire one of my own. :laughing:

I also got a cheese danish. My favorite! Always a winner.

Rob also got a piece of cheesecake which he ate before I could get a picture of it.

Then it was off to ride Living with the Land and Nemo.

After that I hit the mural right as they opened it up for the day to help paint Figment. Yay!

I love doing this! And they changed the mural up more often this time, which was cool. How often is something fun and free in WDW?

Also, I had my Figment hoodie on that Rob got me for Christmas. I love it!

Then I stopped at the El Artista Hambriento booth again for the Tacos de Puerco because I loved them so much the first time.

They were delicious once again. I just love tacos you guys!

It was getting really warm out even though the weather said it was supposed to be really cold today, so I had to ditch the hoodie as we walked around WS. Next we stopped at Takumi Table in Japan for Masu Sake which came in personalized wooden cups.

Here they are writing out our names.

The end result.

Jeri in Japanese.

I found out later that you could get free refills on these. Wish I had known earlier! They never said anything about it when we bought it, but apparently that was the deal. Sake is normally a bit too dry for me, but this sake was very good and very interesting in the wooden cups. I loved this! This was one of my favorite things from the Festival this year.

After this we rode Frozen with a FP and I picked up this postcard I was dying to get.

Kitchen Kabaret! My heart!

Like I said, it was warmer than expected, and I was kinda uncomfortable so we got out of there to head back to the resort to change.

See ya Figment!

After some brief downtime back at the room we walked over to Disney Springs in search of food and drinks. We arrived at Homecoming' around 2:30pm and it was pretty empty so we asked for a table and they said they stopped seating at 2pm due to a private event later. The whole thing and the hostess's delivery was so odd. We thought they were joking at first, but they were not. So, no Homecomin' for us. We then decided on Raglan Road. We grabbed a seat at the bar and looked over the menu.

The bartender was super friendly and chatted with us the whole time. Really great service here today.

Rob started with the Irish beer flight which he really enjoys here.

He also got the Nom Nom Wings off the appetizer list. Sweet 'n' spicy wings tossed in a honey, chili flake, soy and ginger sauce.

He loves the wings here and it is a lot for the money.

I decided against an adult beverage and instead I got a Sprite, which I hardly ever get. For food I also stuck with the appetizer menu as I wasn't starving and got the Scallop Forest. Georges Bank scallops in a golden batter served with a citrus lime dipping sauce and sweet chili jam.

I split these with Rob before and enjoyed them and I was very happy to have these all to myself this time. These scallops are amazing and gigantic! I love the sweet chili jam dipping sauce with these. Yum!

I was sad to miss out on Homecomin' but this more than made up for it.

Since we skipped the movies the day before we decided to hit up the movies tonight for The Commuter.

This was really bad, but the people in our theater liked it and some people actually clapped. :confused3 Clapping is reserved for greatness, not the Commuter. :laughing:

After the movie we stopped by Blaze again. Two nights in a row. I think we must like it.

I got the exact same pizza as the night before, but was not liking the bacon as much this time. Oh well. rob dug in to his pizza before I got a pic, but it was fairly similar to the one from the night before.

I also stopped at Sprinkles and got a strawberry cupcake.

This was not as good as the flavors I have tried here. I wouldn't get this one again.

It was a slow night for TV as we ate our dinner, so it was an early night for us. I am always down for a long night of sleep. :thumbsup2

Well, I think trying Blaze Pizza is a must on the next trip. Looks so good. Except Rob's -- ham on pizza?? :scared: Haha. Just kidding. Love that you can make your own. What else did I want to comment on... Totally agree bag check is getting insane in the parks. People are bringing all of their earthly belongings and ignoring the rules. I was behind a guy who had something that wasn't allowed, he was claiming ignorance, the guards had to call a supervisor and the whole thing was annoying and probably a ten minute delay. I did one day at the Arts festival and I'm so mad at myself that I didn't do the scavenger hunt to get the figment pin nor order the sake with personalized wooden cups... FAIL on my part! The burger at Rose & Crown looks pretty good!

I'm sure I've said this before, but I am so in awe of your touring style. As strange as it sounds to see a movie and sit in bed and watch TV while eating glorious pizza on vacation (or even in real life) sounds blissful. We tend to be pretty laissez faire in general, but still get pulled into the disney rat race way to easy. Between slower park days and copious amounts of drinking and eating, I'd love to be along for just one day. Though Rob may wonder who the strange person eating his pizza and watching big bang theory with him may be :P

This next day was our coldest day of the trip. We were up early and on the bus headed to HS at 8:15am and it was a lovely 28 degrees. Brrrr!!!

But that's okay, I have my Little Mermaid hoodie to keep me warm.

We were in the park by 8:45am and they weren't letting anyone past Starbucks, so we may as well get some coffee.

The line of course took forever because everyone else had the same idea, but after awhile I had a cheese danish and a smoked butterscotch latte which was delicious. Rob opted for a mocha latte and a sausage, egg and cheese muffin. We chugged our coffee so that we could get in line for RnRC and were able to walk right on. We also used our FP for TSMM.

And Rob beat me as always.

We went into One Man's Dream and looked around and then we rode Star Tours with no FP and then again with a FP at which point the line had gotten huge, so we made a wise decision. We also used a FP for Muppets 3D, which didn't save us a single second but freed me up to make a fourth FP reservation. Smart thinking! So we snagged a second TSMM FP for later.

After that we still had 30 minutes until our Mama Melrose reservation, but decided to show up early and thankfully they still seated us immediately. Yay!

They started us with their bread service and this cute keepsake with our name on it and a recipe. Love this!

I feel like they change up the bread service here a lot, but I love how it is right now. The rolls were fresh and warm and greta to dip in the seasoned olive oil.

Sadly the calamari appetizer that I love here was changed and no longer comes with the three different amazing dipping sauces. I was so bummed because I really look forward to it. Hopefully they change it back. Since I wasn't getting my own app, we decided to share an appetizer and got the Mushroom Flatbread. Roasted cremini and button mushrooms with a roasted vidalia onion spread topped with fontina and asiago cheese finished with balsamic reduction and fresh herbs.

This was really good, but between this and the rolls I could already tell I was getting full, so I let Rob eat most of it. I would like this as just a meal if I were less hungry. It had great flavor with all the yummy cheese and there were so many mushrooms.

For our entrees Rob went with his favorite here, the Saltimbocca. Pork Tenderloin topped with Prosciutto, Sage, Fontina Cheese, Tuscan Mashed Potatoes, Broccolini, and Lemon Caper Sauce.

He always loves this dish and today was no exception. It is his favorite.

I tried something new for me at this restaurant. I tried something that I have been wanting to try for awhile. The Charred Strip Steak with four-cheese macaroni with pancetta, aged balsamic-shallot butter, and Chianti Wine Reduction.

The four cheese macaroni with this steak was the stand out. Oh my gosh, I just wanted a whole plate of this! the pancetta and the richness of all the different cheese was heaven. My steak was cooked perfectly, but sadly I did not like the flavor. The charred taste along with the wine reduction overpowered the natural flavor of the steak. It made it hard to eat. I almost needed steak sauce to get rid of the other flavors happening with this steak. I'm so sad I didn't like the steak. It was a good cut and the side was so good, so I was totally bummed that I didn't like this like I wanted to. Rob ate some of what I had left and said I was crazy. He liked the flavor of it, so I guess it was just a matter of taste.

The other thing that was off with this meal was the service. Our server was just... off. He was so very odd. At times he didn't care and other times he was too on top of us. It wasn't bad service it was just...off.

After lunch we used our TSMM FP and I bought the coveted rose gold spirit jersey from one of the gift shops and the super sweet CM asked if I was there the month before to get the holiday Passholder magnet, which I wasn't, and so she gave Rob and I each one since they still had some left. How sweet is that?

Great end to a really great HS day!

We then left HS and went back to the resort. We had all afternoon with no plans, so we decided to make it a laundry day and get that out of the way. We went to the pool at The Paddock and did our laundry at the laundry room there. Rob sat in the laundry room playing his Vita and I sat in the sun working on my trip notes looking out at the pool. No one was in the pool as it was way to cold to swim, but it warmed up considerably from the morning and was nice in the sun.

After laundry was done and we took it back to the room we chilled in the room for a bit and watched some tv and eventually as evening came we ventured out for some nighttime fun.

It was back to being really cold when the sun went down, so we took the bus over to DS and saw I, Tonya which ended up being one of my favorite movies we saw this trip.

After the movie we went to Homecomin' at sat up at the bar since there was a spot open and a big line to get a table. The bartender working our side of the bar is someone we have seen in there a number of times and he was super friendly. We got to talking about how sad we were that the Bootlegger drink is gone and he said they still have all the ingredients to make it and would be happy to make them for us. We'll take two!

We were super happy to have this drink again.

For his meal Rob ordered the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits. Three biscuits topped with Chef Art's famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles and drizzed with hot honey.

Rob liked this again, but it was way smaller pieces of chicken than usual, so he was a little disappointed in the portions this time.

I got one of my favorite entrees, the Chopped Pork Barbecue Plate dressed with HFK sweet and spicy barbecue sauce served with Momma's mac and cheese and cheddar drop biscuits.

OMG this was so good! There was tons of barbecue sauce on it today and the mac and cheese was the best I have ever had here. Since they already have the best mac and cheese that is really saying something. It was more than I could possibly eat, so I boxed up quite a bit to enjoy back at the room later.

Our meal here was great, as always, but something was just off that we couldn't put our finger on this trip. Between how insanely busy it is here now and I think maybe the fact that we keep eating at the bar something just wasn't the same for us. Maybe we've just eaten here too much now. I don't know, but don't get me wrong, the food here is ridiculously good and so is the service and the drinks. It's becoming a 'it's not you it's me' situation or something.

After dinner I stopped at Sprinkles for yet another cupcake. My last red velvet cupcake fell on the puke floor, so this time I was careful not to let it fall off my plate this time, which it almost did! :laughing: This one is definitely my absolute favorite of all their flavors I have tried so far.

Leftover barbecue, red velvet cupcake and crappy tv in a big comfy bed. To quote Matthew McConaughey I am "L-I-V-I-N."

So next January, we're going to have to get a cupcake, see a movie or something together during Marathon Weekend. We're staying at AKL that trip in a 1 Bedroom - Value.

That Sake Box is awesome! I didn't know they did refills on it either. It's a unique souvenir too!

I started getting away without carrying the purse/bag as much with wearing something called Sparkle Skirts. They have 2 deep pockets under the skirt plus a zipper pocket at the top.

The bbq plate is droolworthy and to say its the best mac and cheese is making me hungry.

First off, love the Tea Cup booths...
Second, LOVED Raglan Road! I'm so happy we were finally able to get there...
Third, Blaze is on my list for our October trip...

Oh my goodness, so many updates.....where to start, where to start.....

OK, so Three Billboards - I really enjoyed it and liked it even better the second time I watched it. I still agree The Greatest Showman tops them all though, I am still listening to the music every single day.

Loved the bonus Vegas and Disneyland pics and reviews - brought back some great memories of both places.

Blaze pizza looks great, but I have a somewhat strange question - I don't like sauces really at all and at home here will only ever have cheese and other toppings on pizza, no sauce. It looks like they use sliced mozzarella there, though, not grated so would it be really weird to not have sauce on it? My daughter is desperate to try it when we go later this year.

I am so jealous you got the Holiday Passholder magnet, they were all out when we went just a week or so after you - I was bummed out!!!

Your next trip sounds absolutely fabulous - 23 days!!!! How awesome will that be? And once again we will miss each other as we will be there in August and November.

Great updates, we tried Blaze because of your reviews and loved it. Delicious pizza for a small price at Disney=awesome! I loved the scallops at Raglan Road as well, yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter