Military salute promo tickets

PeterPanFan74

Earning My Ears
Hi! We got the 6 day hopper passes from out military base. Does anyone know if we can add days to the promotional military passes? I got conflicting answers when I called.

Hi @PeterPanFan74! Unless something has changed, I don't think you can due to the special pricing on these tickets. You can upgrade from a 4 or 5 day (we did this in January at Shades of Green), as long as you don't go over 6 days.

I'm guessing if you tried at Disney, what they might do is convert your hopper to a regular ticket and adjust the price? If you really wanted an extra day, it might work out cheaper to buy a 1-day ticket and link it separately (we did this in 2018 when we had a 5-day hopper and reallllly wanted to attend another day with our friends who had 7-day tickets).

As an aside, any purchases you make at Disney will be taxed whereas if you buy at your base or at Shades of Green, there is no tax. Also, our MWR doesn't sell 1-day tickets, it's a minimum of 3, so we get these from Shades of Green when we want them (price is currently $119 for a 1-day base ticket at SOG). Other bases might sell them though. Either way, the one days at SOG are cheaper than at the gate, except maybe in August or September I think.

Hi! We got the 6 day hopper passes from out military base. Does anyone know if we can add days to the promotional military passes? I got conflicting answers when I called.

You cannot add days to the Salute ticket once you're at the max of the Salute ticket availability. Like PP said, if you had purchased the 4-day ticket, I think you can upgrade it to the 6-day, but since you have the 6-day, there's nowhere for you to go. If you did not add the plus option (water parks), you could still do that and do a few water park days to extend your trip.

Do you get the same park benefits, like 60 day fast passes, etc,if u stay at Shades?

No transportation or dining plan, but you do get some of the others:

Shades, while not a Disney hotel affords some of the same benefits such as Disney's Resorts:

• Extra Magic Hour
  • Package delivery to your room
  • Guaranteed Theme Park Entry
  • FastPass Plus reservations 60 days prior to check in for your entire trip (Up to the number of days on your ticket, your room reservation length including check in and out days, or 10 days, whichever is less).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!