Military Salute 2020

BabyFu18

DIS Veteran
We are so thankful for the military offers, they are truly great and I’m so glad they are back for 2020!

Anyone book for 2020 yet with the military salute discount? I called this morning within an hour of seeing the release statement for the discount and was told there wasn’t a lot available at the resort I wanted (YC), that’s probably because we need an accessible room and those are few and far between. Anyhow, the cast member I was speaking with did manage to get me 2 rooms (1 accessible) at the Yacht Club for July so my family is excited. Anyone else book with the military offer for 2020 and if so when/where?

Neverbeast

Mouseketeer
We’re currently booked at Shades for Sept 2020 but might consider Caribbean beach or All Star Movies if the price and availability are similar. It feels dumb to walk away from the space and location of SoG... but I really want to have a dining plan and giant ridiculous theming. I just do.

BabyFu18

DIS Veteran
We’re currently booked at Shades for Sept 2020 but might consider Caribbean beach or All Star Movies if the price and availability are similar. It feels dumb to walk away from the space and location of SoG... but I really want to have a dining plan and giant ridiculous theming. I just do.
Shades of Green is nice, we’ve stayed there before but I do love the Disney resorts as well, the immersion in the magic really gets me. Both are great though and either way you can’t go wrong!

jen7233

DIS Veteran
Anyone book for 2020 yet with the military salute discount? I called this morning within an hour of seeing the release statement for the discount and was told there wasn’t a lot available at the resort I wanted (YC), that’s probably because we need an accessible room and those are few and far between. Anyhow, the cast member I was speaking with did manage to get me 2 rooms (1 accessible) at the Yacht Club for July so my family is excited. Anyone else book with the military offer for 2020 and if so when/where?
No, I was waiting to see what the offer would state. The dates were what I predicted though, along with the blockout dates. We are going with Shades of Green. I just can't beat that price for the location and room size, and Disney theming isn't a concern to us. I had them booked anyway, I figured the rooms would go earlier this year, and they did. I was ready to shift just in case and do a split stay, if there was a good discount offer that would post. I know there are those that are not fans of SOG, but we love it. I wanted to split stay at Swan or BC/YC, but now just not doing it this time to allocate money to other travel going on next year. I'm happy to see the option of six day park hopper tickets, that changed our plans a bit and we'll go with those tickets.

If I end up making it out to DL later next year also, I may be interested in the DL Resort military discounts. But, likely won't do it, because there are so many hotels on Harbor Blvd/Katella I'd probably be fine to go with. Three day military promotional tickets will be for that. This trip is up in the air yet for my other party, so, not deciding or looking into anything for that until March next year.

KristiKat

DIS Veteran
We booked with the military discount last night. Didn't take long at all. We will be staying at the Fort Wilderness Cabins in August 2020 and saved $795 with the discount. We go to Disney every other year but for the past 9 years we've gone in February or October so going in the summer again after such a long time is going to be a shock. We are from Georgia and used to the heat but being at a park in the heat is something we haven't done in a while but we are excited and can't wait to be at Disney again. We are very thankful that Disney continues to do the military discounts.

JoeT63

Earning My Ears
I have two sons on active duty, and was able to book four rooms at GF yesterday with dining plan for a terrific price. The CM in the call center was just wonderful, as it took us nearly an hour to get thru all the details and make sure we got everything done (it requires four separate reservations...tho I was easily able to link everything to my MDE account). One of the boys will get the park tix on post.

The discount is great, but it's still going to require two or three more mortgages. YOLO, right?!!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

THEME PARK MAPS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
Disney World Rehabs and Closings Disney World Restaurant Menus

DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS