Military Rates at Loews Hotels?

GrumpyFamilyof5

DIS Veteran
hello, I was hoping someone could tell me if the Loews hotels at Universal have military rates. I've looked up the Florida Resident rates and I've considered signing up for the Loews Member Card. What would be my best bet? With 5 of us I'm sure many of you understand that saving money where I can is a good thing!;)
Thanks for any info or help. :)

THey do offer a military discount. Last I tried, you had to call. In previous years, you could type MIL in the search function to get the rate. I found the military rates to be exceptionally cheap. They are only available to active duty military, so if you are retired, you are out of luck.

THey do offer a military discount. Last I tried, you had to call. In previous years, you could type MIL in the search function to get the rate. I found the military rates to be exceptionally cheap. They are only available to active duty military, so if you are retired, you are out of luck.

Thank-you very much. DH is very active. Does he need to do the calling since it's him in the military or can I just make the ressies and he show his ID when we check-in?
I had tried the MIL in the search and it didn't work, no matter what week this summer I tried so I guess we do need to call.
I thank-you so much for your help! :)

Hi, I booked ressies for me and my DBF for the 3rd/4th of July at RPR. My DBF is active military, and they had no problems with me booking the reservations, he just has to show his military ID card at check in. Be sure when you call that you check with all three resorts. I guess each resort is only alloted so many reservations on certain dates. I was able to book the RPR for 170.80 on the 3rd, and 233.10 the 4th, the difference being the 4th is considered "the weekend"...so that shows if you can, to make reservations during the week for a cheaper price. I had them check the Portafino and Hard Rock too, but they had no military discounts available for those dates, but they did say to call back later, some may come available later...which is no big deal, I'm excited about trying the RPR.

You definitely have to call though, and speak to a person. They were very helpful and didn't seem put off at all looking up different dates at the different resorts for me.

Good luck!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!