Military ID upon check in

Cshel85

Mouseketeer
does the resorts actually look at the Military ID's for specific information or just to make sure you have it and since my husband falls under Disabled veteran should we bring anything else with us for check in?

When I booked a military rate at the Yacht Club a few years back, they did not ask to see my military ID at check in. However, it may well depend on the CM checking you in. They certainly have the right to ask for it. If they do, the ID card should be sufficient.

Note: They always ask for my military ID when we check in at Shades of Green.

We've had a military discount at the Disney resorts (not SOG) for the last several years. I always check in even though my husband is the military member. I have never been asked to show a military ID. I guess I didn't even think about it. We do, however, have to show ID and active orders at SOG when buying tickets. That said, I would definitely have proof with you just in case.

My Mom is interested in going with us on our Disney trip at the end of summer (which we have not booked yet) and she has a spouse military ID b/c my stepfather is a retired National Guardsman and Marine. He has NO interest in coming whatsoever. She is convinced she can buy the military tickets on base up here (so she was told at the commissary) and that she can book the military room rate at one of the resorts (not SOG). I told her I did not think so. I have not called WDW to ask but does anyone know before I call?

My Mom is interested in going with us on our Disney trip at the end of summer (which we have not booked yet) and she has a spouse military ID b/c my stepfather is a retired National Guardsman and Marine. He has NO interest in coming whatsoever. She is convinced she can buy the military tickets on base up here (so she was told at the commissary) and that she can book the military room rate at one of the resorts (not SOG). I told her I did not think so. I have not called WDW to ask but does anyone know before I call?

There are several threads in the Theme Park Board that talk about who can buy military tickets and who can't based on what kind of card they have that might help.

If your mom can get on base and buy tickets at her local base, she should be able to do the same at another... should being the word (I have had difficulty sometimes with the differing rules from service to service)

If you call and speak to someone at SoG, they might be able to give you a good answer but lately it's been hard to get someone from what I've seen on the boards.

Honestly, what I have discovered is that if someone can buy and book through their base ITT office, they tend to be good at Disney. It's not a guarantee, but it usually indicates the same requirements needed

I also use the military discount each year and have been asked for my military ID and also not asked for it. I guess it depends if they notice that you are supposed to show it. I have however always been asked for my ID when using the 4 day tickets the military offer at a discounted price even though I purchased them on base prior to arrival.

does the resorts actually look at the Military ID's for specific information or just to make sure you have it and since my husband falls under Disabled veteran should we bring anything else with us for check in?

Also, don't worry about the color of the Military ID. They have accepted my regular ID, my wife's Dependant ID and my father's retired ID card. To be honest I do not think most of them even know the difference. I also doubt they would consider someone who became disabled on military service any less deserving of the discounts. Thank you for the service your husband provided for our country and the sacrifce he gave while serving.

If she has an ID card she can get the tickets on base by the MWR. Here is the link for the military terms for both hotels and the tickets.
http://disneymilitarysales.com/

"The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Valid for active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard. Blockout dates apply, including December 24 through December 31, 2011. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in and military member must stay in room. No group rates or other discounts apply. Limit two (2) rooms per reservation and five (5) people maximum per room. Advance reservations required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice."

Does not say anything about dependents being allowed to get the hotel discounts. I would hate for you to expect it and then be told no. It would depend on whether or not they knew the difference from dependents and active/retired military ID cards.

We stayed at Old Key West last summer and we were asked for an ID. My friend was a spouse at the time and we used her ID (this was before we found out my DH was eligible....but that's another story) so it shouldn't be a problem. If you're staying at Shades of Green, you'll definitely be asked for an ID, but spouse IDs count. Spouses can also buy the tickets.

Yes she can do it as I did it three times last year. She can also buy them at her base. At one time when they first start this the sponsor had to be there but no longer as longer as one person has a military ID

If her husband is a 20 year retiree (which it seems like he can), she can order those tickets because of the spouse clause. She can also get up to 40% off Disney Regular Rates (not Shades of Green). 30% at Values, 35% for Moderates and 40% for Deluxe resorts. For the tickets, she would need to be on a base with a MWR (and sometimes an ITR). She needs to call disney for the rooms.

She would need to have her ID to activate the tickets and depending on the base to buy them (I know APG MWR does). She can buy up to six tickets. They do expire on September 30th of this year, so she needs to do this soon. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684&page=2 for the ticket information.

I also use the military discount each year and have been asked for my military ID and also not asked for it. I guess it depends if they notice that you are supposed to show it. I have however always been asked for my ID when using the 4 day tickets the military offer at a discounted price even though I purchased them on base prior to arrival.

Exactly the same for us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter