Military discount

sdrsdd

Mouseketeer
Can military only get 1 stateroom now instead of 3 like in the past? (Using the Military discount) Why the change if so?

Yes, the DCL website now states that only one room can be booked instead of 3. Not sure why the change.

Not sure about number of rooms. I do know that they allow you to do a "kids in the next room" deal where you book mom and kid in one and dad + kid in another provided it is nuclear family.

Also, they changed the rules so the military member no longer needs to cruise--the discount is available to a dependent with appropriate ID cruising without the military person. Maybe the thinking was that with this change, multiple rooms would not be needed....or maybe they are trying to avoid a situation where one military person could qualify for 6 cabins (military member books 3, spouse books 3!)

Perhaps the thinking is to keep it more in line with other discounts--Fl res, TA, etc. require an authorized person with appropriate ID in each cabin.

Question?? My husband was in the Army, Vietnam Combat Veteran BUT did not retire from the military. We of course have his DD214 - can he get the Military Discount? He can on RCI and Carnival.

Does anyone know how recently this change was made?

Just curious...

Kristen

AFAIK, it's only active military.

:cutie:

Not correct--per the DCL web page, it is active, retired, 100% disabled, and also includes categories like FBI and some other government employees.

To the poster who asked--look at DCL's page. If that doesn't specifically answer your question, call your TA and have them verify with DCL.

I just found the brief description under "specials," but there is a longer page with a lot more detail....if I find it, I'll post the link. Here is the short info:

Eligibility

Special Military rates are available to all retired and active U.S. Military personnel (or spouse), including U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Marines, U.S Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. National Guard, U.S. Army Reserve and U.S. Department of Defense personnel. Active and retired members (or spouse) of the U.S. military must provide valid identification at time of check-in. This offer is limited to a maximum of one stateroom per military member (or spouse), per sailing. A U.S. Military service member (or spouse) is required to sail to take advantage of this offer. Activated members (or spouse) of the U.S. National Guard or the U.S. Army Reserve must also show active duty orders (active duty papers must be dated as of January 1st of the previous year to qualify).
Book Your Cruise

To take advantage of this offer, be sure to enter the special booking code

Not correct--per the DCL web page, it is active, retired, 100% disabled, and also includes categories like FBI and some other government employees.

To the poster who asked--look at DCL's page. If that doesn't specifically answer your question, call your TA and have them verify with DCL.

I just found the brief description under "specials," but there is a longer page with a lot more detail....if I find it, I'll post the link. Here is the short info:

Eligibility

Special Military rates are available to all retired and active U.S. Military personnel (or spouse), including U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Marines, U.S Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. National Guard, U.S. Army Reserve and U.S. Department of Defense personnel. Active and retired members (or spouse) of the U.S. military must provide valid identification at time of check-in. This offer is limited to a maximum of one stateroom per military member (or spouse), per sailing. A U.S. Military service member (or spouse) is required to sail to take advantage of this offer. Activated members (or spouse) of the U.S. National Guard or the U.S. Army Reserve must also show active duty orders (active duty papers must be dated as of January 1st of the previous year to qualify).
Book Your Cruise

nm

every time we have gone to Disney, or the cruise we have never be able to use the military special.

Eligibility

Book Your Cruise

I believe it is for everyone currently in the military (both active status and retired status are in the military). Those who separated or resigned are not in the military.

OK, got it. Thanks
:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter