Military Discount Tickets at Grand California

Brittney Cornwell

Mouseketeer
Are you able to get theme park tickets at the Grand California Hotel? Specifically military discount tickets? I feel like we did years ago at an off site hotel so I don't see why not. However I'm not positive. Trying to avoid standing in the long ticket lines before going in the park and a base near by that sells them isn't very close.

Last edited:
Are you meaning the Military Salute tickets, or just the military discount tickets? You can buy regular park tickets at check-in at GCH, but I'm not sure about Salutes. We always stay off-site and just buy them at the ticket window. I believe they "prefer" people to buy the Salutes through the member's base, but they do sell them at the window with proper ID.

What's the difference between salute and just discounted? We usually just 3 day park hoppers for ~150. I think it's $178 now. We just show our IDs at the ticket counter and are able to get them. We got theae ones at an off site hotel so I would think you could at GCH as well but I want to double check.

Yes, you can buy the Salute tix at the Grand californian. Just did that last summer.

Woah! I wish I had known this for our last few trips! I usually buy ours through the ITT office on base, and then panic at least twice a week that I’m going to leave the paper tickets at home before we go. I will definitely have to look into buying ours at GCH this next trip. Thanks for the heads up :)

Woah! I wish I had known this for our last few trips! I usually buy ours through the ITT office on base, and then panic at least twice a week that I’m going to leave the paper tickets at home before we go. I will definitely have to look into buying ours at GCH this next trip. Thanks for the heads up :)

You can buy the salute tickets at the ticket booths too. The price is the same since Disneyland doesn't charge sales tax on tickets.

What's the difference between salute and just discounted? We usually just 3 day park hoppers for ~150. I think it's $178 now. We just show our IDs at the ticket counter and are able to get them. We got theae ones at an off site hotel so I would think you could at GCH as well but I want to double check.

Military salute refers to the tickets with the most discount. I.e. the 3-day park hopper for $175 (at least that was the price when I bought ours last month). It is only available to active duty and retired members of the military and they are limited to 6 per year.

If you use up all of your military salute tickets for the year or are a DoD employee, there are other discounted tickets. There is no limit to how many you get per year. I've found that they are basically the same price as tickets through Disney minus the tax (so last year we went for one day to only one park and saved about $15 per person on the tax).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter