Military discount extended

two4ruff

<font color=006633>Mother of All Hockey Moms<br><f
Just checked on our May reservation with DCL and they confirmed the Military Discount has been extended thru May.

I don't have too many details, but it is well worth checking into - saved us an additional $350 off our early booking price.

Happy New Year!!:bounce:

In further discussion today with DCL, we are actually saving $600 with the military discount instead of our booking on board/early bird special. The offers cannot be combined, though.

Good luck!

Do you know if. . .

Does the military discount apply only to active military, or do DOD civilians also get the discount?

For example, Shades of Green discounts apply to any DOD employee. . .

Thanks!

They did require my husband be active duty, not retired. They did require his ID card upon check in on our cruise in April.

Not sure about DOD civilian employees though. It might be worth it to give them a call.

Thanks! I did call Disney and found out that the discount only applies to active military and only to cruise only packages, not the land and sea. My husband is DOD civilian and our friends going on the land/sea with us are active military. But, it was great info!

:cool:

We took advantage of the military dscount to cruise this past October. I keep checking with DCL to see if they are extending the military discount to October 2003 and she said a decision will be made when the current promotion comes to an end and it most probably will.

The only problem is that my DH's unit was just deployed to Iraq and since he heads his Unit he can not leave to go ANYWHERE while his unit is deployed. He must stay put and over see the East Coast Units of his division and his unit is not expected to be back for a long time. DCL says he has to be with us to get the discount or we have to have a copy of deployment orders. Problem is they don't issue orders if they tell you to stay put and be on 48 hours notice.

Thanks for letting me rant. Luckily I was able to book with DU for only $300 more than we payed last year with the military discount still upset me though :( Our Military does so much for our country and Disney has been great about recognizing it so I don't mean to be petty but the extra $300 would help.......

Good luck to the rest of you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter