Military discount black out dates

allboyz

Mouseketeer
I just called Disney and they said we will not be able to get a discount the first week in April. Their system was down but I asked her if we could get a discount on the hotel or tickets and she said NO. She said we would not be able to use the discounted rate for Shades of Green either. :( Bummed because this is the only time that my husband could get off of work. Does anyone have any ideas for us? Thank you.

I just called Disney and they said we will not be able to get a discount the first week in April. Their system was down but I asked her if we could get a discount on the hotel or tickets and she said NO. She said we would not be able to use the discounted rate for Shades of Green either. :( Bummed because this is the only time that my husband could get off of work. Does anyone have any ideas for us? Thank you.

I'm not sure what "discounted rate for SOG" you are talking about. I know that Disney blacks out military discounts during higher demand times. You can still stay at SOG if they have rooms left. Other than that, you are left with the options that non-military folks have (PIN, AP, advertised specials, etc)

I'm not sure what "discounted rate for SOG" you are talking about. I know that Disney blacks out military discounts during higher demand times. You can still stay at SOG if they have rooms left. Other than that, you are left with the options that non-military folks have (PIN, AP, advertised specials, etc)

SOG used to have cheaper tickets years ago that you could purchase at their office. This was prior to the special park hopper tickers that they have started to offer recently. I'm out of the loop with Disney planning since we have not been since 2009. Thanks for the reply.....

SOG used to have cheaper tickets years ago that you could purchase at their office. This was prior to the special park hopper tickers that they have started to offer recently. I'm out of the loop with Disney planning since we have not been since 2009. Thanks for the reply.....

You can still purchase discounted tickets at SOG. Prices are listed on their web site: http://www.shadesofgreen.org/

You can still purchase discounted tickets at SOG. Prices are listed on their web site: http://www.shadesofgreen.org/

They can purchase them, but if they can't use them it doesn't really matter.

PURCHASE AND VALIDITY DATES
October 1, 2012 – September 28, 2013

BLOCK-OUT DATES
All Parks:
December 24 - 31, 2012; March 24, 2013 - April 4, 2013
Magic Kingdom Only:
July 4, 2013

OP - I would look into either a value with a general discount code if available or one of the good neighbor hotels in the DTD area. You unfortunately won't be able to find anything close the price of military discounts - particularly tickets, but if you can't change your dates at all you're kind of stuck. If there is any way that you could check in on 4/5 and try to wiggle it with hubby's work you'd be able to use the military discounts.

They can purchase them, but if they can't use them it doesn't really matter.

I wasn't referring to the special Military Promotional tickets. With proper ID, one can purchase regular MYW tickets at SOG (with a small discount and no sales tax).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter