Mileage between BLT MK and VGF

lundve

DIS Veteran
Has anyone seen or read or calculated the actual walking mileage distance between the BLT front door and Magic Kingdom and how that will compare to the distance between the Grand Floridian Villas front door and Magic Kingdom once the walkway opens?

Looking at google earth, the walk from GFV vs BLT is about twice as far, maybe a bit longer.

As of now the walking path to the Mk from the grand is not completed. This means it is only accessible via the monorail however we believe the grand is the last stop on the resort line and I have soften found it to be very full. If you are simply looking for convenience of walking BLT is the way to go!

As of now the walking path to the Mk from the grand is not completed. This means it is only accessible via the monorail however we believe the grand is the last stop on the resort line and I have soften found it to be very full. If you are simply looking for convenience of walking BLT is the way to go!

I love the BLT but I’ve got a family of 5, and am trying to conserve some points in this trip, so we are only looking at one night in a studio after a Halloween Party in September...it should be open by then...I’d like the option of walking if the monorail line is super long.

Jackie from the dis mentioned in the most recent dvc video that she will be posting a update on the walking path here soon. I believe she also said Disney has confirmed the permit but has not came out and actually said the path is being built at this time. However it is under construction currently

I love the BLT but I’ve got a family of 5, and am trying to conserve some points in this trip, so we are only looking at one night in a studio after a Halloween Party in September...it should be open by then...I’d like the option of walking if the monorail line is super long.

You can also take the boat - GF is the first stop from MK, and it's a lovely ride. It's often overlooked, but even after fireworks it's not too bad. And you're not going to be sitting at a standstill in the middle of your ride wondering why the slow down. :)

Google maps has a feature where if you right click on the map you can measure distance on the map. Super helpful sometimes. In fact being able to measure the distance from the MK front gate to the AoA bus stop at MK (almost 1/4 of a mile) really helped sell me on DVC. I hate that bus stop.

From the frond door of BLT to the tapstiles of MK is just under 1/2 a mile. GFV is a little over 3/4 of a mile. Should be a 15 minute walk for most people, 20 at a more leisurely pace.

It is very close to 0.4 miles from BLT to MK. From DVC VGF to MK is about 0.7 or 0.8. Because they are on the south side of GF

They have a permit to build a paved pathway and have started building it a few months backI believe (bridge over waterway). Still not confirmed as a walking path, but likely although some still suggest a cast member use road. It will likely take about 15 mins in total to walk to MK when it is open for a good speed walker.

They have a permit to build a paved pathway and have started building it a few months backI believe (bridge over waterway). Still not confirmed as a walking path, but likely although some still suggest a cast member use road. It will likely take about 15 mins in total to walk to MK when it is open for a good speed walker.
Disney did confirm at one point guests will be able to walk from MK to GF. Here is one of the many blogs Disney confirmed to.

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resor...-for-grand-floridian-to-magic-kingdom-walkway

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter