Mike and Mindy's PJ **January 5th, 2009** Disney photographer photos!!!

Which vest and tie do you like best with Mike's tux? (pics on page 8)

• all black

• all white

• black tie white vest

• white tie black vest

Results are only viewable after voting.

mindy5648

FINALLY just minutes from the mouse
I am kind of late in starting this but I am very bored at work and thought what the heck...better late than never!

**let's start from the beginning**

Once upon a time...a long long time ago back in 2002 into 2003...there was a girl named Mindy who absolutly loved Disney. She decided to go on a trip with her college room mate Andrea and Andrea's boyfriend Timmothy. They arrived in "the World" 2 days before New Year's Eve. They enjoyed the parks and spending time in their hotel. Mindy's birthday was on January 3rd so they decided to go out to Pleasure Island to celebrate her 20th birthday. When arriving at the turn style to show ID's for admission Andrea realized that she had left her ID back at the room. The 3 rushed back to All Star Sports and retrieved her ID. Once they went through the clubs and picked a spot to stay and celebrate for a while they all started dancing. Mindy noticed a handsom prince on the dance floor looking over at her. She would glace back every now and then and would catch his eye. The prince eventually made his way over to Mindy, Andrea and Tim. Mindy, thinking to herself that he was probably there to try and talk to Andrea, she moved aside knowing full well that Tim would not be happy. Much to Mindy's surprise the young man was there to dance with her. They danced for a few songs and the young man left. Mindy was confused and didn't know why he had left. The young man returned shortly after and found Mindy again. Much to their surprise Motion played a slow song. This gave them time to talk a little bit. He asked her her name and she told him. He replied with "Oh Mindy is my favorite name" *augh...what a line* She found out that his name was Mike and he lived in Florida and he was 24. He would come to Pleasure Island often with his friends. With that being the last song of the night they exchanged numbers and they were to meet again before Mindy was to return home.

The next day Mindy woke up excited to spend the day by herself becuase Andrea and Tim were going to a Blizzard Beach for the day. She decided that if she was going to meet up with Mike again that she would need a new outfit for he could not see her in the same clothes. Mindy decided to hop on the bus and go to Down Town Disney where she bought a new tank top and mickey sandals. When coming back from DTD Mindy called Mike to see what he was doing. He said that he was lounging around the house but he would be going to Pleasure Island again that night and suggested they meet up.

Andrea and Tim got back from their day at Blizzard Beach early that afternoon. Mindy brought up the idea of going back to PI for the evening so that she could meet up with Mike again. Neither of them were up to it so Mindy went to PI by herself.*I know I know thinking back on it now...it was really stupid and I cant believe that my bestfriend would let me go and meet a guy I had spoken to at a club alone* She got ready and headed for the busses by herself. Their plan was to met at 11 where they had met the night before on the Motion dance floor. The only transportation Mindy had was the Disney bus system. The bus came about 15 minutes late and she realized that she was not going to be there on time. Mindy called Mike to let him know that she was on her way and that he shouldn't leave. Mike could not hear his phone with the loud music playing from Motion. Mindy arrived 20 minutes late and Mike was still there waiting for her. :love: She was so releaved! That night they danced and talked all night. Mike offered to give Mindy a ride back to her hotel and she agreed. *again ladies,...very stupid* Once back safely at the hotel Mike so graciously walked Mindy into the lobby where they sat in the food court and talked until 4am. They decided that they would meet up the next day for their first official date. They decided to meet at outside the train station at the Magic Kingdom. Mindy walked back to the room and Andrea woke up. Mindy told her about her great night and everything that Mike had told her. Just before Mindy turned out the light to go to bed she looked over at Andrea and said "Some day I am going to marry him".

The next morning, January 5th, the alarm went off bright and early and Mindy jumpped into the shower...she had a big day today. After making sure that she looked "neat and pretty" she jumpped on the bus and headed to the Magic Kingdom to meet her newly found prince. Mindy walked through the gates and took a seat at the front of the entrance way on the right hand side of the garden that looks like Mickey Mouse. She sat there and waited for her prince to show. He was 15 mintues late! She could not get mad at him since she had left him waiting the night before. Mindy finally grew tired of waiting and gave Mike a call. He was just getting off the monorail. He had waited for the ferry but realized that the Monorail would be faster and ended up having to wait. They walked through the tunnel and started walking down Main St. Through out the day they found out new and exciting things about eachother. Mike mentioned that he had family in Massachusettes and had just flown back from there the day that Mindy flew in from Maine both flying out of the same airport. They talked about family and that Mindy really was his favorite name. He actually came home from the hospital in a pink blanket with the name Mindy embroydered on it. *that must have been a shock for his mom to be taking a baby boy home* Mike and mindy had a wonderful time that day. They enjoyed the rides, food, conversations and laughs they shared. After their day at the Magic Kingdom they took the ferry back over to the TTS to find Mike's car. They jumpped on the tram and headed for the parking lot. Once they arrived back to All Star Sports they sat in Mike's car and talked for another 4 hours. They decided that they would keep intouch and see if they could make something work long distance. They agreed that they would speak on the phone and over the internet and would travel to visit eachother whenever they could. That night they shared their first kiss :hug: and said their good byes since Mindy was leaving in the morning.

After, a trip to Maine on Valentine's day that same year and a trip to Florida that same April, Mike was on his way with a U-Haul on Mother's Day to live with Mindy in Maine. *I always joke and say that he was the best souvinEAR I've ever brought home* He moved into her parents house with her and they made trips to Disney whenever they could. They eventually moved out of Mindy's parents house after about a year into their very own place.

October 2007, Mike and Mindy decide to take their semi annual trip to Florida. They arrived and went straight to the hotel. Mike had promised Mindy that she would get to see Wishes since she never had before. Hand in Hand they walked through the park. Everytime they go they are reminded of their first offical date where all of their magic started. It was dark and Mike said that he had spoken to someone that had seen the show before and the best place to watch it would be on the train station becuase there wouldn't be many people. Unfortuanely they were wrong. Spectromagic had just ended and there were about 5 rows of people on the deck. :sad2: Mindy mentioned that it would be ok they could still see the fireworks from where they were standing. Mike stood behind her where with his arms around her while they watched the sky light up with beautiful colors. After the fireworks Mike did not want to rush off. He did not want to have to deal with the crowds of people trying to get on the monorail. Unfortunately Mindy was ready to go. She was warm, her back hurt and she was tired. Mike mentioned that maybe they should go and sit where they first met at the park for their first date and sit there while watching the people. As they were sitting there a group of teenagers sat across from them under the Mickey garden. They began kicking a ball that was coming close to them. Mindy begged Mike to start walking to the Monorail to head back to the room. Mike wanted to stay and wait out the crowd some more. He walked Mindy over to the opposite side of the Mickey Garden over by the trash can. He stood there for a moment and turned to her. He told her how much he loves her, how beautiful she is and how much she has changed his life for the better. He looked into her eyes and asked her to marry him. Mindy's eyes began to well with tears. He wispered to her that he knows she doesnt like a scene so he wasn't planning on getting down on one knee but he said that he would if she wanted him to. He pulled out the ring and she replied with a yes!:yay: After hugging for a really long time he gave her a sweet kiss and handed her his cell phone. She looked at him puzzled. He said that her father and step mother knew all about it and had been waiting for a call. They knew the fireworks were at 9 and that was when he was going to ask her. Mindy called her family with the exciting news. ALL of her parents were SO EXCITED! ;)

** now back to the present and REALITY**

Mike and I have decided that we are going to be married on Jauary 5th, 2009 our 6 year anniversary. We are getting married at the Wedding Pavillion at noon! This is the link to my gown, the sash will be Marine blue.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2839&prodgroup=10&sid=15592

My MOH's gown in serene
http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=1552&prodgroup=110

Brides Maids in Marine
http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=3682&prodgroup=110

Jr. Bride's Maid in Serene to match the MOH
http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=2992&prodgroup=86

My flower girl with Navy blue to match me
http://www.davidsbridal.com/flowergirl_detail.jsp?stid=2315&prodgroup=11

This is the flower girl basket...I would not advise paying $40 for a flimsey baskey and foam core board..but it is cute
http://www.fairytaleweddingstore.com/rcProd1.asp?id=710&c1=42

We will be having our wedding with about 45 people. Everyone will be staying at Pop which is our favorite hotel. We are going to be having a reception back in Maine with the rest of our family on January 10th which is the saturday we get home. We are trying to incorporate everything Disney that we can in our reception at home. Our cake will have frosting hidden mickey designs, we are having Disney themed tables, our cake will have a castle on the top, and our favors are custom made shot glasses that have blue glass on the bottom and say in blue Mike and Mindy on January 5th, 2009 with mickey and minnie in a heart. Here is a link :) http://www.discountmugs.com/designlab/viewcustomdesign.php?designid=NDk0NTQ3

We have made all of the flower bouquets already. I wanted Calla lillies. There is no way that on top of everything else we would be able to afford real ones at $8.00 a stem. So I went to Wal-mart to see what they had artificial. They had some that were extremely real looking. They were still $4 a piece and to need 200 of them would be way to much for us. I was able to find the wholesaler/manufacturer of the same flowers at Wal-mart and purchase them directly through them for $1.00 per stem!!!! We got all of our wedding flowers for $200.00. We have hand tied all of the bouquets with blue and white ribbons and have made the flowers for the center pieces match the bouquets.

We are going in November to meet with Maxine our wedding coordinator and spark up those annual passes!

I can not wait until I can marry my prince :)

**I'll update as we get more info**

What a cute story of how you two met!!!! I love the colors you chose for the dresses....I love the serene!!! Everything is going to look amazing!:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear more!

Welcome!

I love your plans, and your backstory!

We'd love to see pics of the happy couple sometime!

Can't wait to share your journey with you!

Congratulations!! I think there are a lot of maine brides on here...Good luck..can't wait to hear more.

welcome, congrats and great start to your pj... looking forward to hearing more....:goodvibes

Thank you so much!!! We are so excited!

What a cute story of how you two met!!!! I love the colors you chose for the dresses....I love the serene!!! Everything is going to look amazing!:thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear more!

I love the Serene color...it looks even more beautiful in person. All of us being from maine we are all a little..ok ALOT white and the serene doesnt make the 2 girls wearing it look so incrediably pastey ..heheh

Welcome!

I love your plans, and your backstory!

We'd love to see pics of the happy couple sometime!

Can't wait to share your journey with you!
I would love to post our pictures however I do not know how to do that...if you know how I would really appreciate it if you could shed some light on the situation :)

Congratulations!! I think there are a lot of maine brides on here...Good luck..can't wait to hear more.

I picked marine, navy and serene as our colors becuase I have a brother in the Marines and another in the Navy and I wanted to honor both of them and Ive asked them both to wear their blues in the wedding...now I am crossing my fingers that they will both be able to take leave for the wedding. One is getting shipped out January 7th and the other is still up in the air when he is going to Iraq and Afganistan...im keeping my fingers crossed :)

8/19/08 - I just realized you said MAINE and not MARINE...sorry!

awww what a lovely story!

I love all your dresses by the way, the colours are so unique and your dress is gorgeous!

I've got my fingers crossed for you too!!!

What a beautiful story!!! I can't wait to hear more of your details! Your dress is very pretty!!

I know what your going thru with your brothers taking leave!!!! My fiance is in Iraq until mid-May with the Air Force and we are getting married mid-June!!!! It was very hard finding a date that fit the military schedule!!!

I hope everything works out and they can both be there!!!!!

Congrats!! Your dress is gorgeous. DD is engaged to a marine also, but the wedding isn't until 1/9/10. We're still in the just thinking about planning stages and i'm still hoping she'll pick a disney wedding. Anyway, Mindy5648, how did you find the wholesaler for the flowers. DD does want lots and lots of flowers and i'm doing them, but looking to do them on a budget. I've been getting white ones here and there on clearance, but it's hard to find the nice looking ones.

Congrats!! Your dress is gorgeous. DD is engaged to a marine also, but the wedding isn't until 1/9/10. We're still in the just thinking about planning stages and i'm still hoping she'll pick a disney wedding. Anyway, Mindy5648, how did you find the wholesaler for the flowers. DD does want lots and lots of flowers and i'm doing them, but looking to do them on a budget. I've been getting white ones here and there on clearance, but it's hard to find the nice looking ones.

I actually just googled the name on the tag for the flowers. The wholesalers is Teter's I believe. If you know anyone with a retail license then you are good to go. The flowers look real and they are soo pretty. I am very pleased with them and their price :) I really hope your DD chooses a Disney wedding too. I love reading planning journals...hehehe :surfweb:

**Update**
So we had origionally planned to have 50 people. With the items that I have chosen through the wish book the wedding was going to cost no more than $12,000.00. Well we have had some people back out which is ok so it has dropped the price of the wedding to $1079.00 *which as I'm sure some of you know the minimum for an off season wedding is $10,000.00. My future MIL called and her sister, husband and 4 adult children are now not coming after they RSVP'd. We are now under the minimum by atleast $300.00 and we were also counting them into our room block :( That is atleast 9 room nights and 1 groomsman down :( I feel really bad for DF becuase most of his family is not going...there will be his brother, SIL, 2 nieces, mother 2 friends and his god mother. The rest are all of my family becuase my family is so large. Unfortauntely now he will be short a groomsman and we will have to pay for the room nights that they are not using if we dont get to our alotted 25 nights and we will have to pay to get up to our $10,000 minimum. :sad1: Anyone want to go to a wedding January 5th at noon at the WP...we've gotta pay for it anyway...someone might as well fill in :laughing: Does anyone have any advice on this situation?? :confused3

I'm so excited our shot glass favors are due to arrive tomorrow...I can not wait to see them :D

So I came up with this crazy idea...please let me know what you think....

I thought instead of having table numbers we identify specific tables a different way. I was thinking of using Disney Craft Punches in different shapes. Instead of table 1 they would be at table glass slipper. There would be a glass slipper punched in their seating card and a glass slipper on their table. What do you think? There are tons of Disney punches out there with different shapes and characters. I didnt know if it was to nerdy. :yay: :dance3: :rolleyes:

I think that is a great idea.... :goodvibes I plan on doing something similar. I plan on using movie titles for our tables. The seating cards will have pic of movie and then a place for guests name and the then the table name underneath. Each table will have a table card with the movie name and I plan on adding thematic table decor( colored linens and movie related items), i.e. cinderella table would be light blue with glass slippers and maybe a coach centerpiece....here is my sample. The quote inside the tent card is a quote form the movie. Good luck with your plans!:goodvibes

momVR2008007.jpg

I think that is a great idea.... :goodvibes I plan on doing something similar. I plan on using movie titles for our tables. The seating cards will have pic of movie and then a place for guests name and the then the table name underneath. Each table will have a table card with the movie name and I plan on adding thematic table decor( colored linens and movie related items), i.e. cinderella table would be light blue with glass slippers and maybe a coach centerpiece....here is my sample. The quote inside the tent card is a quote form the movie. Good luck with your plans!:goodvibes

momVR2008007.jpg

Your idea is completely adorable!!! Thanks so much for the great ideas :woohoo:

So I came up with this crazy idea...please let me know what you think....

I thought instead of having table numbers we identify specific tables a different way. I was thinking of using Disney Craft Punches in different shapes. Instead of table 1 they would be at table glass slipper. There would be a glass slipper punched in their seating card and a glass slipper on their table. What do you think? There are tons of Disney punches out there with different shapes and characters. I didnt know if it was to nerdy. :yay: :dance3: :rolleyes:

That's a very cute idea!!!

That sucks about people backing out!!! I would put in the main forum of the weddings that you have room availalbe in your block. That way people just vacationing or going to a PS/Site visit can get some cheaper rates. At least they told you now instead of a month before!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter