Midship Detective Agency Cards

SuperRob

DVC Members Since 2011
Does anyone know if people have made digital copies of their Midship Detective Agency cards yet? I thought it might be interesting if I had a "deck" of these cards available on my iPhone that I could bring with me and play at my convenience.

I'm not quite sure what you mean… but if you mean to have some digital scans of several cards from people who already finished a game and using them again? You would have to restart each card. Which I am not even sure can be done. And then the scan may not work with an image on an iphone. You could try it, but I don't think it will be the best way to do things. pirate:

Really, the cards are just QR codes, and I assume there's a finite number of them. An iPhone 4 has a high enough resolution that for most purposes, it looks like print. People are already doing this with the Nintendo 3DS "AR" cards (which is the same concept) so that they don't have to carry the cards around. Just wondering if the same thing could be done with these.

Part of the reason why I'm asking is also thinking about the new interactive game they're going to launch at Walt Disney World called "Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom." Again, it would be handy to carry one less thing around, and since I always have my phone ... ;)

You can re-use a card, but you have to re-start it with each hunt, so you have to stop by the kiosk anyway to even begin a mystery hunt. You can't just walk on the ship and use a card from a previous sailing without loading it into the system, because the enchanted art doesn't recognize a card that has finished a hunt. (I tried this ealier this month.) Could you stop by the kiosk, activate several cards, and take a picture of each of the codes with your camera phone? Then you have a digital version and you don't have to carry the cards around.

As for whether or not the enchanted art will read the code from a phone screen, I have no idea. I do know that if the card is not held right (i.e. too close/large, too far/small, not straight/bad-angle) then the enchanted art won't be able to recognize it, and it tells you so.

It's a great idea, so please let us know when you do it! Have a great vacation! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter