Middle schoolers torment an elderly bus monitor and post it to the internet

topolino

DIS Veteran
What do you make of this? What punishment should be issued to these kids?

****Warning! Video can be at times difficult to watch and contains strong language******

<video removed for language>

Wow - I'm only 2 minutes in and had to turn it off.
These kids are deviants. I can't believe it. Speechless.

I watched the entire video. I don't know what the punishment from the school should be; but if one of them was my kid they would not have a very happy summer vacation.

OMG, shame on all those students! That poor woman. I cannot even imagine.

topolino said:
What do you make of this? What punishment should be issued to these kids?

****Warning! Video can be at times difficult to watch and contains strong language******

<video removed for inappropriate language>

If that was my kids, they wouldn't be able to sit down all summer and they would lose all privileges for ever.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I'd love to be in charge of punishing those monsters. My dd17 has seen the video and she told me how disgusted she was by it.

It makes me absolutely sick!

The punishment needs to be from many different sources:

Parents
School officials
Classmates
Relatives
Community leaders
Neighbors

It should be known to all that any future misbehavior will certainly result in the wrath from all the above sources and the consequences will be unpleasant indeed.

I can't watch it. I have a feeling I'll think about it a lot later on.

Bus behavior in our area is out of control. The kids say things to the bus drivers, shove them, etc. The school is told, but they do nothing, so it just gets worse. Most parents do not care. They have the attitude that the school should deal with it, which they won't. So, it continues.

It's odd to me how a daycare provider can only have a certain number of kids to watch, but a bus packed with kids is allowed to travel around with only the driver (and in this case an elderly aide).

When I saw this video earlier today, I cursed those }#%^*}{. That behavior is ridiculous! They need MAJOR consequences. If they're willing to do that to an adult, imagine what they'll say to a child.

Good God, that is disgusting behavior. What the hell? If I was the school official, I'd kick those kids off the bus permanently since they clearly don't have the manners to ride it properly. If I were one of their parents, I'd be ashamed and my child would be grounded indefinitely, made to write an apology to that sweet old woman and then if it were my child who filmed it, I'd make him/her film an apology and post it on youtube.

The really sick and sad part of this is that the kids won't be punished. Mommy and Daddy will whine and complain and they will get a slap on the wrist.

:scared1:

I watched the entire video. I don't know what the punishment from the school should be; but if one of them was my kid they would not have a very happy summer vacation.

I can't watch the video, not sure if they pulled it or there is something going on with my computer.

I don't know how serious it was, but I think for any student that shows they can't respect the drivers and/or monitors their bus privileges should be taken away for the rest of their school career. They also shouldn't be allowed on any school trip that uses school or even private bus transportation.
Let the parents deal with transportation.

ETA I watched a few minutes and yup they should all be off the bus permanently.

I don't even know. If one of them were mine, I'd be devastated to think that I had raised a little monster like that. There wouldn't be a happy summer, a happy Fall, a happy winter OR a happy spring.

We would find a way that kid would pay dearly for those words and actions and I think they'd never act that way toward another human being again.

Disturbing on so many levels and I hope someone in control takes charge and they pay for it. It'll only get worse.

Well it looks like bus monitor Karen Huff is getting the last laugh. The local police are looking into it as well as the superintendent of schools. There is an Indiegogo fundraiser posted that has already raised $72,000 for Karen to go on a vacation... http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?c=home.

And Anderson cooper is going to do some reporting on it....So, the little punks may get their just rewards.

Seriously, why do they post this stuff on YouTube!? What do the kids THINK will happen?

I don't want to watch for several reasons, but mostly to respect the monitor's privacy.

I hope she gets all that money though! That is awesome!

how heartbreaking. I don't see how that poor lady just took that. I would have been let me off this bus.

I couldnt even watch the entire video because i was so pissed!!!! I dont know why in the heck the monitor did make the bus driver stop and take down the names of the students. As an employee she should not have to tolerate that or any other kid on th bus should have to go through that. One thing that bothered me even more the the horrible , mean rude thing they were saying to her was the dang kid who kept touching her.

I think a meeting needs to be held with students, parents, monitor, bus driver, transportation supervisor, principal. The kids need all be punished if they were involved. The student video taping(especially if they were being mean) it and the student touching her should be the ones to be in the biggest trouble . I also think the parents need to get on their kids azzz about being bullies and teach their kids they should follow the rest of the group. If that was my child she would be in big trouble and she woul have to apolize to the monitor in person, write her a letter and dd woould loose her laptop, ipod and any freedom would be filled with chores like crazy!

No respect nowadays and i think SOME parent let their kids do whatever they want.

DD19 came down sobbing at dinner time. I thought she broke up with her boyfriend or something. She had just seen the video and couldn't believe kids could be so cruel.

She said she hoped the bus driver could come over to the Dis so we could get her to take the all-time ultra deluxe magical vacation at Disney with the money.

WOW,,, I'm at a complete loss off words, and my heart aches for that woman... I cried just watching it...

I hope she's strong enough to move on,,,, I can't imagine how she must be feeling... my thoughts and prayers go out to her...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter