Microwaves?

dizneefan13

Earning My Fins
Do any resorts have microwaves anymore? Besides the villas? On or off property okay, as long as off prop has some kind of transportation to the parks.
Many times we bring back leftovers but they get thrown out because there is no way to heat them up!

Yeah, just take your cold food to the food court or counter service and there should be a microwave oven that you can use to heat them up.
None that I'm aware of (besides DVC villas like you mentioned). However, every resort has a counter service area that have microwaves, toasters, etc. you can use.

Okay, if I have to. :thumbsup2 (warm leftovers at the food court/counter service).
I do know Disney Springs Doubletree Suites still has them, but not my favorite DS hotel because I like being as close to DS as possible. Doubletree is quite the hike.

The deluxe resorts at wdw have the option of requesting microwave for room. Or as people said, the resort quick service have microwaves for use.

I'm way too cheap to stay at a deluxe. lol
We are with those who use the room to sleep and shower. We are open to close Disney commandos sort of. we take our time, rest and people watch with a treat quite often during our day.
I'd be better off ordering a cheap microwave and having it delivered, then leaving it for the staff.

Doubletree is quite the hike.
They have these things called buses...which, from/to the Hotel Plaza Boulevard properties run on an every 30 minutes schedule from before the parks open until after they close (and from Disney Springs until at least 1 AM.) No hike required :).
I'd be better off ordering a cheap microwave and having it delivered, then leaving it for the staff.
Please don't. You have:
  • All DVC units, standard.
  • All Deluxe resorts, by request.
  • Fort Wilderness Cabins, standard.
  • Art of Animation Family Suites, standard.
  • All Star Music Family Suites, standard.
  • Every. Single. Resort. food court or quick service location.
  • At least one Hotel Plaza Boulevard property.
  • The option to order just as much as you will eat.
  • The option to not take back any leftovers.
But if the owner wanted cheap(!!!) microwave oven in every room, they would be supplied.

They have buses? Wow. What a revelation! Why so snarky. We like walking to Disney springs. :rolleyes2
If the hotel says okay, why do you care? Your options are irrelevant.
I explained and they are fine with it.
BTW the microwaves in the doubletree are as cheap as you can get. What's your point? Nevermind.

Last edited:
Just so you are aware that doing so does indeed go against what most resorts allow, and it could be confiscated. Technically most resorts do not want you cooking when all you have is a bedroom. Which is why some provide microwaves for the guests to use at their food courts.

I've cooked all kinds of meals in my rooms on property and it's never been an issue.

Maxiemom, like I said, I called the hotel. They are fine with it. They said lots of people with babies bring micros to heat bottles.

What is ridiculous to one person makes perfect sense to another.
To each his own. Its only your opinion. We are all entitled to our opinions. But some people just enjoy arguing, I guess.

Maxiemom, like I said, I called the hotel. They are fine with it. They said lots of people with babies bring micros to heat bottles.

To each his own. Its only your opinion. We are all entitled to our opinions. But some people just enjoy arguing, I guess.

I did not say the microwave was ridiculous, so please don't make it out as if I did. Using an iron to heat a kettle is ridiculous. And I'm guessing you didn't ask the hotel if that was ok.

Note too that I said most resorts are not fine with guests bringing in microwaves, not all. If you have a resort that is fine with it, then it is fine. But Disney resorts (which is the forum you are on) are not ok with it. Maybe if you need to know something specifically about a non Disney resort than the Orlando resorts board is a better place to ask and get answers for a non Disney resort.

I'm way too cheap to stay at a deluxe. lol
We are with those who use the room to sleep and shower. We are open to close Disney commandos sort of. we take our time, rest and people watch with a treat quite often during our day.
"Leaving it for the staff..." to do what? Clean up after your inconsideration? Nice

Is there not some legal issue with taking your own microwave (or kettle etc) to a hotel? I know here such appliances have to be PAT tested for electronic safety, so, were an unsafe, untested item used and cause a problem, at the VERY least the guest would be liable. I would imagine that at Disney, that liability could cost a HUGE amount?

Heating a bottle in a microwave is a terrible idea!!!

Well, that's what the person said at the hotel.
I googled it and it says to heat water in the microwave then stick the bottle in it until proper temperature. Who knew.

I also googled using an iron as a hot plate. Lots of how to instructions. And lots of people doing it. shrugs

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter