Microsoft cutting prices of Xbox 360 consoles

melancholywings

Drinking by the pool
I don't know if anyone is interested in this. It makes me wonder what kind of Xmas deals they're will be:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2008156524_webxboxprice03.html

The three Xbox models and their new U.S. prices are as follows:

• Xbox 360 Arcade, $199.99, was $279.99.

• Xbox 360 with 60 gigabyte hard drive, $299.99, was $349.99.

• Xbox 360 Elite with 120 gigabyte hard drive, $399.99, was $449.99.

they rarely cut the prices for black friday or christmas, they'll probably pack in some games like last years holiday bundle with forza and marvel.

Figures. We just bought an Elite in July.

DS (14) just stated that he wants an XBox 360 for Christmas. Which version would you buy, and would you pick one up now, or would you wait another month or so?

TIA

DS (14) just stated that he wants an XBox 360 for Christmas. Which version would you buy, and would you pick one up now, or would you wait another month or so?

TIA

I'd probably say if you could afford it, I'd probably go with the 60gb version because the Arcade lacks the hard drive for demos and XBLA games. However, some places have the 20GB version for 249 if your lucky and would prefer that one. Its an older version though.

I'm cheap, and want to get the most "bang for my buck." I know that we want to get one that has a hard drive (although in his negotiation speech, he stated that if we got one without a hard drive it would be fine... he'd just buy one on his own later, lol). I'm thinking that the 120GB might be overkill, but I can't figure out if the 20GB or the 60 GB is the better deal...

Thoughts?

the 60 is the newer 360. 20gb would probably be enough if you dont intend to have too many demos or XBLA games. and he could buy his own hard drive down the line too, i believe they're on clearance at target right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter