Mickey's Very Merry Holiday WEIGHT LOSS Party! December 2016

pjlla

DIS Veteran
Mickeys-Very-Merry-Christmas-Party-10.jpg
Hello and :welcome: to this month’s WISH Challenge.
I’m Pamela (pjlla), and I’ll be your hostess for this FINAL challenge of 2016!
One quick "legal" bit I'm required to state.... I am a WW employee. This challenge is unrelated to my job at WW and anything I say is purely my own comment and opinion!

This challenge officially starts on December 1, but if you find us later in the month, we’re still happy to have you join!

Our returning faces know the drill, but for those of you who are new to the WISH Challenge, here’s a short overview of what we’re all about:

WISH stands for “We’re Inspired to Stay Healthy,” and that’s what we’re all about – living a healthy lifestyle. Whether you’re trying to lose some weight, trying to maintain your current weight, or trying to introduce some new healthy habits into your life (or stick to healthy habits you’ve already introduced), we’re here to help and support you.

Your participation level is up to you! If you've got the time, feel free to answer each and every QOTD and participate in the chatter! Less time? Pop on when you can to ask questions, share NSVs, etc!

All you have to do is pick a goal for the month, and report in once a week to let us know how you’re doing. We’ll also have questions of the day, WooHoo Wednesdays, and weekly challenges … and we’re always here to chat, support you when you need some help, and celebrate with you when you’re doing awesome! We’ll have questions of the day to talk about, weekly challenges, and some other fun things going on … but all of that is optional. The only mandatory thing is committing to a healthy lifestyle, and letting us help you along the way!

balloons.jpg

Just a quick reminder about how things work with our monthly WISH challenges.

Your goal is UP TO YOU! Whether you pick a goal of miles walked, pounds lost, percentage lost or days tracked.... however you choose to measure your success, that is up to you. Just pick a goal, make a PLAN to reach that goal, share that information with us and then report your weekly progress (as a percentage) toward that goal.

REPORTING SCHEDULE:
12/1 (Starting numbers/goals)
12/9-11 (First reports due)
12/16-18 (Second reports due)
12/23-25 (Third reports due)
12/30-31 (FINAL REPORTS)

Results will be reported in percentages here but no specific numbers (pounds or miles or whatever) will be reported unless you choose to do so.

I will accept progress results every Friday-Sunday and PLAN to have the results updated by Monday evenings.

I hope that this format will encourage some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise and healthy living! But as always, feel free to participate as much or as little as you would like.... but remember, the more you put in, the more you'll get out.

Welcome to returning friends, newbies, and anyone/everyone who would like to chat about weight loss, weight maintenance, exercise, and anything related! No rules here EXCEPT to be kind and supportive of each other! No negative energy allowed!

We talk about calories, Weight Watchers, low-carb, SparkPeople, MFP, Fitbits, Jawbones, marathon training, walking, recipes, vitamins, meal planning, smoothies, juicing, motivation, YOU NAME IT!! No positive/healthy talk is off limits!

Please consider inviting a friend (either a RL friend or a Disboard friend) to join us. They don't have to LOVE Disney like we do (but it helps). They only need to want to make healthier lifestyle choices!...............P

Last edited:
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:

4Mickeys
courtneybeth
donac
dsnyfn1022
HappyGrape
Lady Marie
MinnieLovesTigger
MommaoffherRocker
Oneanne
piglet1979

pjlla
ski_mom

Last edited:
FUTURE HOSTS:

January 2017: 4Mickeys
February 2017: Picture your name here...
March 2017: or here!
April 2017:
May 2017:
June 2017:

INSTAGRAM USER NAMES:

minnielovestigger

patties_adventure_book

Popperfisk

wearemom22

Last edited:

QOTD for Friday December 2, 2016:

So here we go!!! Remember how we usually start each month with an "Introduce Yourself" QOTD? Well, this month is NO exception! :goodvibes HOWEVER, if you feel like you've introduced yourself too many times, share something else! How about a FUN FACT about you?

BONUS QOTD: Have you ever attended MVMCP? More than once? Photos or stories to share?

We will start talking about goals and plans tomorrow!

So here we go!!! Remember how we usually start each month with an "Introduce Yourself" QOTD? Well, this month is NO exception! :goodvibes HOWEVER, if you feel like you've introduced yourself too many times, share something else! How about a FUN FACT about you?

BONUS QOTD: Have you ever attended MVMCP? More than once? Photos or stories to share?

Hi Everyone - I'm back and going to participate this month with dedication. I'm pleased to announce that I'm starting a NEW JOB with a HIGHER SALARY after i get back from my disney trip in a couple of weeks. WOAH! :D I've been spending a lot of time submitting resumes and the like and something finally stuck. So this is my woohoo wednesday, a bit late.

Fun fact: I have two kitties named Sawyer and Hurley.

Bonus question:
I'm actually attending the MVMCP on 12/13 -- and it's my first one. I'm really excited to see the parade and WISHES fireworks. I've never seen WISHES in any form and this trip is actually going to be one where we watch the shows and entertainment.

Yay!!! I'm in and will post an introduction from the road tomorrow! That's right. The time has come. We will be Orlando bound in just a few hours. Should I be sleeping? Yes. Am I too excited to sleep? Also yes!

I set up a new Instagram for the trip and Disney like musings and I'd love Instafriends. Also under the name minnielovestigger. Account is set to private but I'm happy to friend away. Also probably a bit food focused but over the years it will show how I grow and improve!

Thanks for hosting this month’s discussion @pjlla! I am really looking forward to it as it's one of the most exciting months of the year

I am 38 and love WDW. I love all vacations actually! I reached maintenance early October, and little undecided to chase my original goal which is slightly lower or remain where I am. I lost 13.5 kg, about 30 lbs this year by counting calories, eating mostly whole food but remembering to keep it fun, very small daily deficit and fitbit to help me with calorie burn estimations

12/1 59.7kg
12/30-31 (FINAL REPORTS)

Starting numbers & goals. Current weight as of yesterday 59.7. Goal to finish the month in the 58.7 to 59.7 range. So if little weight loss happens, ok but I would be happy to maintain and this is my primary goal

I intend to do this by remaining in balance but on weekly, instead of daily basis. There are so many meals out, I plan to enjoy them and in order to remain in balance I plan to up my cardio

I also plan to be little more regular with my strength training, at least twice weekly 30 minutes each session

As soon as I hit maintenance I went to Orlando for two weeks, and returned to cold weather in Ireland. The additional calories (compared to weight loss) I mostly use for extra snacking which I feel long term is not great habit. This month I will up the size of my main meals, in hope to get extra fuel for my workouts. I was also so concerned about getting back to normal, I didn’t focus on happy as much. Meaning I didn’t put much in my cooking, and I feel more flavor and attention to cooking not only healthy but tasty is important. Food should be fun. So more healthy but fun meals seems suitable goal for December!

Bonus question - No we haven't been to the party! But we were lucky to see the Christmas decorations on our last day this year. The castle was breathtaking, I felt teary looking at it! And we could fake it? Here is photo form 4th of November this year, me wearing my Disney uniform dress and with fake Mickey's party boarder added

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_393989571180.jpeg

Here is a funny one!

We were really disappointed in the quality of Universal photos and they took forever to add the special effects. In the end half of our pictures, which were not that many were us pointing at nothing! So I took matters of my own hands and the result is... Mickey made appearance!

FB_IMG_1480667974065.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Everyone - I'm back and going to participate this month with dedication. I'm pleased to announce that I'm starting a NEW JOB with a HIGHER SALARY after i get back from my disney trip in a couple of weeks. WOAH! :D I've been spending a lot of time submitting resumes and the like and something finally stuck. So this is my woohoo wednesday, a bit late.

Bonus question:
I'm actually attending the MVMCP on 12/13 -- and it's my first one. I'm really excited to see the parade and WISHES fireworks. I've never seen WISHES in any form and this trip is actually going to be one where we watch the shows and entertainment.

WOW!! A new job?? That is definitely a WOOHOO!! Congratulations!!

Kitty pictures??? Please?

Can't wait for you to share your pictures from the Christmas Party!!

Yay!!! I'm in and will post an introduction from the road tomorrow! That's right. The time has come. We will be Orlando bound in just a few hours. Should I be sleeping? Yes. Am I too excited to sleep? Also yes!

I set up a new Instagram for the trip and Disney like musings and I'd love Instafriends. Also under the name minnielovestigger. Account is set to private but I'm happy to friend away. Also probably a bit food focused but over the years it will show how I grow and improve!

I'll add you to the Instagram list ..... and I'll definitely add you to my Instagroup!! And have a WONDERFUL trip!!!

Thanks for hosting this month’s discussion @pjlla! I am really looking forward to it as it's one of the most exciting months of the year

I am 38 and love WDW. I love all vacations actually! I reached maintenance early October, and little undecided to chase my original goal which is slightly lower or remain where I am. I lost 13.5 kg, about 30 lbs this year by counting calories, eating mostly whole food but remembering to keep it fun, very small daily deficit and fitbit to help me with calorie burn estimations

12/1 59.7kg
12/30-31 (FINAL REPORTS)

Starting numbers & goals. Current weight as of yesterday 59.7. Goal to finish the month in the 58.7 to 59.7 range. So if little weight loss happens, ok but I would be happy to maintain and this is my primary goal

I intend to do this by remaining in balance but on weekly, instead of daily basis. There are so many meals out, I plan to enjoy them and in order to remain in balance I plan to up my cardio

I also plan to be little more regular with my strength training, at least twice weekly 30 minutes each session

As soon as I hit maintenance I went to Orlando for two weeks, and returned to cold weather in Ireland. The additional calories (compared to weight loss) I mostly use for extra snacking which I feel long term is not great habit. This month I will up the size of my main meals, in hope to get extra fuel for my workouts. I was also so concerned about getting back to normal, I didn’t focus on happy as much. Meaning I didn’t put much in my cooking, and I feel more flavor and attention to cooking not only healthy but tasty is important. Food should be fun. So more healthy but fun meals seems suitable goal for December!

Bonus question - No we haven't been to the party! But we were lucky to see the Christmas decorations on our last day this year. The castle was breathtaking, I felt teary looking at it! And we could fake it? Here is photo form 4th of November this year, me wearing my Disney uniform dress and with fake Mickey's party banner added

View attachment 208612

Here is a funny one!

We were really disappointed in the quality of Universal photos and they took forever to add the special effects. In the end half of our pictures, which were not that many were us pointing at nothing! So I took matters of my own hands and the result is... Mickey made appearance!

View attachment 208613

Great photos!! Your waistline.... envious here!! You've been SUCH a positive and encouraging and INSIGHTFUL participant in our challenges this year! So happy that you are sticking with us for December!!

FWIW, we've had the same "lack of special effects" trouble with Disney Photopass pictures in the past. Got a few stupid pictures of us pointing to absolutely nothing! Never thought of doing my own effects! Love the idea!

Good morning friends! Glad some people found us here and it looks like December is rolling along nicely! Remember to INTRODUCE yourself or at least tell us a fun fact! This weekend we will get serious and talk about goals and plans. I'm done with my morning shift here in 1 minute but I just got a call, so I don't think I'll be logging out on time. Oh well. Then of course, off to teach 1st grade again.... I've been in the same classroom all week and I'm enjoying the consistency! I'll be back later tonight to chat!.........P

I am in this month. It has been a rough week for me. I am still sick. I am headed to the doctor this morning. This cough is not getting any better. It has been getting worse. My chest is hurting now so I think this has turned into more then just a cold. My Facebook friends seem to think I am having asthma issues because my chest itches really bad when ever I get into a coughing fit. I guess that is a symptom of it. I don't have asthma though. We will see what the doc says.

ok on to a little bit about me. I am 37 and have been married for 12 years. I have 2 kids. DS is 10 and DD is 9. I work for a scholarship place where we give scholarship to college students. Up until a year ago I managed about 1000 students getting scholarships on my own. We have grown and I just couldn't keep up so I now have someone that helps me. Her and I do not get along great but it is finally getting better and I can tolerate her.

I have never been to the party. I really want to go though. I have a friend that is doing a short spontaneous trip to Disney is going to one of the parties. I am so jealous. One year I will go. it will have to been the kids get older though. We are at the point that we will not take them out of school anymore.

party: :dancer::dancer:party: Can you tell I am excited for you! lol - I just knew it read your post in the other thread I am so glad your perseverance paid off! Congratulations - bet you enjoy your vacation even more now. Also, very cute names for your kitties.

Okay - I have to give up and try in the morning - I have tried answering the QOTD 5 times now and my computer keeps dropping out and losing the post!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: So before I throw my computer across the room I am getting off!!!! be back in the morning to try again ...

WhooHoo! I slept hour and half less two weeks before the trip (excitement) and 2 hours less at aleast a day first week of our trip due to jet lag! But it was so much fun, who cares! I can sleep all I want now

I'm here! My name is Melanie, I am 32 (33 next Wednesday!) and a mom to 5 kids. A fun fact about me is 2.5 weeks before our wedding DH and I elouped in Las Vegas. So we celebrate 2 wedding Anniversaries each year Dec. 19th and Dec. 31st. This year we will be celebrating 12 years.

Bonus question: I have been to MVMCP many times. We use to go every year but I haven't been since 2014 when I was pregnant with #5. My favorite time was in 2009, DS9 was 2 and our only child. We went to the party on a whim before Thanksgiving. It was virtually empty. We got to walk on every ride and have a front row spot in the parade without waiting for hours. At the end of the night DS asked to see Santa which was surprising because he had always been afraid. I don't have any pictures because I didn't have my camera and it was before camera phones were worth anything :( but I will never forget that night.

I'm in again. I've found this group in February when I first got serious about losing some of the weight that I HAD to lose. From February through June I lost 30 pounds and was very happy with my progress (even though I still have a lot to lose). In June, we went on a 2 week vacation and I just haven't been able to rededicate myself. I'm not sure what my problem is because I literally think about it all the time, but I'm just not doing it. I decided that I'm going to go see a nutritionist that helps people plan out healthy eating plans and see if that can get me motivated again. Part of my problem is that I truly don't know lots of good healthy recipes, so I'm hoping that I can get my act together.

As far as myself - I'll be turning 46 this month (gasp) and I've been married for 24 years. DH and I have 3 kids. DD19 is a sophomore at Truman State University in Missouri, DD18 is a freshman at Ole Miss and DS14 is a freshman in high school this year. It's been an adjustment with both girls out of the house. They were both home for a week over Thanksgiving and it was great having everyone together again. They will be home for 4 and 6 weeks respectively at Christmas, so hopefully that goes well too.

DH and I are taking a cruise this January and I'm hoping to lose at least 10 pounds before we go. Normally I would shoot for more than 10 in a month and a half, but with the Christmas season, I don't want to just set myself up for failure.

I have never attended MVMCP. We've only been to Disney in the summer time. I'd love to see it all decorated! Maybe someday!

I am in this month. It has been a rough week for me. I am still sick. I am headed to the doctor this morning. This cough is not getting any better. It has been getting worse. My chest is hurting now so I think this has turned into more then just a cold. My Facebook friends seem to think I am having asthma issues because my chest itches really bad when ever I get into a coughing fit. I guess that is a symptom of it. I don't have asthma though. We will see what the doc says.

ok on to a little bit about me. I am 37 and have been married for 12 years. I have 2 kids. DS is 10 and DD is 9. I work for a scholarship place where we give scholarship to college students. Up until a year ago I managed about 1000 students getting scholarships on my own. We have grown and I just couldn't keep up so I now have someone that helps me. Her and I do not get along great but it is finally getting better and I can tolerate her.

I have never been to the party. I really want to go though. I have a friend that is doing a short spontaneous trip to Disney is going to one of the parties. I am so jealous. One year I will go. it will have to been the kids get older though. We are at the point that we will not take them out of school anymore.

Oh no! Hope you get a diagnosis and get on the road to healing after your appointment today!........P

I feel like I've skipped introductions the past few times so my name is Paige. I am 24 and a cat mom to a very spoiled cat child named Nancy. Seriously spoiled, I bought a bunch of stocking stuffers for her the other day because I didn't want her to not have presents on Christmas lol. I lost about 57 pounds back in May but then went through a divorce and gained about 18 pounds back. My divorce is officially finalized so now I'm really starting to focus on myself again so that I can get back on my weight loss journey and hopefully even lower than I was before! FUN FACT: I was just enlightened to Rocky Horror Picture Show last weekend and OMG I'm obsessed. My mom was an 80s teen that went to the showings so she doesn't love it on its own because it's "boring" once you've been a part of the audience. But I'm fresh to it and it's amazing.

BONUS QOTD: I have been to 2 MVMCP I believe? 2 or 3. I've lost track! I looove them. I'm not a big character meet and greet fan but I love the parade, the cocoa, and the short lines on rides! And of course the Christmas decorations.

I'm in for another month - thanks PJLLA for picking this up and starting us off with such happy and festive pictures!

I'm Lizanne, a singleton living in Seattle WA. I've been to WDW possibly 40 times now, starting with my first trip back in the late 80's. Last year I had an AP and did 3 2015 and 1 2016 trips on it, including one in October 2015 and then right back again in December 2015. As a matter of fact FB posted a one year memory yesterday of a picture I took at the airport when I was departing for the December trip, and for one brief moment I thought "should I throw something together really fast..."? I've been to MVMCP once and have to say I didn't love it. I'm really not a parade person so spending a fair amount of time sitting waiting for a parade I wasn't really interested in wasn't, shall we say, satisfying. I have done CP twice and do love it, once I saw Neil Patrick Harris and then last year it was Whoopie Goldberg... both were wonderful.

I started 2016 off with a bang, dropping 30 pounds in the first 3 months, then throughout the remainder of the year put the weight back on, so now I am sitting back at the starting gate. I'm using the "what is your minimum" guideline to set my December goals, and since I'll be off-line again over the weekend I'll post them here:

10,000 steps per day... minimum is 6 days a week
Reduce my intake of dairy and gluten... minimum is by 50%
Stay away from fast food joints... minimum is to allow it twice during the month.

I got in my 10,000 steps yesterday for the first time in about a month, and I didn't eat any junk/fast food, so December is off in good stead. I've already chatted about other intentions for the month... developing rituals and practices. And also doing things differently, instead of just work/home/work/home. My SIS was able to get a caretaker in for several hours tomorrow, so I'm taking her out to my yarn store where they are having a Makers Market and we're going to have lunch at a diner along the way... so something totally different for her, and again something that takes me out of the 'hood, where I spend most of my time. Two gals from my trailer club have already mailed cards, and I mailed two yesterday and one this morning, so the flow will start here soon. Thanks again to all who are participating.

I got my hair colored yesterday :), going from white with tinges of unintentional blue to all over light brunette. I am very, very happy with it: I look like I have twice as much hair, fuller and longer because you can actually see it, and I do feel younger. The plan is to do all-over color for a couple months till it grows back more, then start adding highlights. It's helping me get inspired to buckle down and start getting the weight off again.

One of the new things I'm doing this month is a knit-along called the Peace Project, where a gal has offered up a cowl pattern for free, that we'll all knit during the month (with "all" being the 16,000 people who signed up... edited to say the count is now up to 19,000!), and she is doing daily postings on peace which include questions to ponder... very similar to what we do here actually. Yesterday one of the questions was what is one thing that would make you very happy if it happened in the next week: my answer was I'd love for it to snow (lightly at a time where it doesn't cause people major transportation anguish) and low and behold, there's a chance of low land snow in the forecast for Sunday evening!

Closing with a little bit of peaceful inspiration:

Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.

upload_2016-12-2_8-36-52.png

Last edited:

I'm Popperfisk in Instagram... I'll send you a request. Have a fabulous time!

Hi all! I'm in for December. I've been in a holding pattern the last few months due to health concerns and general lack of motivation, but I very motivated with other things in my life right now, so I'm feeling optimistic about this aspect of my life as well!

My Insta is patties_adventure_book Mainly Disney and Cats... speaking of....

Fun fact: I'm a certifiable crazy cat lady. I help out at a local rescue once a week to keep myself from adopting 20 cats. Haha! DH is a good sport about me loving cats so much... and even helps me with photo shoots to put our cat on our Christmas card each year-- even though his family loves to give him grief about it. Bless him :rotfl: This is this years. LOL!

DSC_0393_copy.jpg

Bonus: I've been twice - in 2012 & 2013 and REALLY want to go again! 2012 was fun because DH and his entire extended family invited me to go with them. There were like 14 of us total. It was my first time going and it was super magical!

I'm pleased to announce that I'm starting a NEW JOB with a HIGHER SALARY after i get back from my disney trip in a couple of weeks. WOAH! :D I've been spending a lot of time submitting resumes and the like and something finally stuck. So this is my woohoo wednesday, a bit late.

That's awesome!!! Congratulations!!!!! :banana:

I was just enlightened to Rocky Horror Picture Show last weekend and OMG I'm obsessed. My mom was an 80s teen that went to the showings so she doesn't love it on its own because it's "boring" once you've been a part of the audience. But I'm fresh to it and it's amazing.

My cousin was a teen in the 80's. We are super close and every year she says we should go to one of the showings they do at Halloween. We still haven't done it, but it does sound like a fun time!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter