Mickey's Very Merry Holiday WEIGHT LOSS Party! December 2016

Yesterday was not a great day. I feel like I have gotten worse. My cough came back with vengeance last night. I pretty much coughed for hours. I haven't had a good nights sleep in over a week now. I am so frustrated with this. I am on day 9 and the doctor said it should only last 7 to 10 days. I don't think this will be gone by tomorrow. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be a little bit better.

Hey @MinnieLovesTigger - When do you leave Disney? We arrive on Friday and hit the parks on Saturday. Let me know how the xmas party is since we're excited to go next week :D

We leave Sunday. Sniff. I don't even want to think about vacation end. Saturday is currently scheduled as our ride the favorites in all four parks plus see AK at night day. I will try to post some pictures from MVMCP on instagram tonight as well as a few here. Just a few more hours to go!!

Being at the early phase of changes I haven't given it a lot of thought - I have noticed that I have started to mix up my choices more and have some healthy with the not so healthy.

Not saying you aren't about to get a bad snow storm - but isn't it funny that when we were kids it was a storm or snow and these days they are weather events, or snowmaggedon, a super cell storm, a once in a lifetime hurricane/cyclone - not playing down the damage or lives that are lost in this weather - but I suspect that happened years ago also - its just how it is all supercharged emotions attached to everything these days - and they wonder why we have increased anxiety everywhere!

It's totally crazy! The city really didn't get anything that stuck, there were some lovely flakes coming down in the morning but that was it. Outlaying areas got maybe an inch or two, and the news still had people out driving around and broadcasting from cars this morning. People are starting to ignore them, and then no one will be prepared when the "big one" does hit.

Good morning! Here is your QOTD for Tuesday December 6, 2016:'

View attachment 209116

Giving to others..... the holiday season is all about that! Giving gifts, giving donations, giving time....give, give, give! While it can be wonderful and it can give your heart a warm feeling, it can be draining! How do you find "ME" time during this busy time of year?

BONUS QOTD: What is your favorite place/organization to make a holiday donation?

My entire life is all about "ME" so this really isn't a problem :). The family adults just exchange little gifts and if I don't make my Chex Party Mix there's a revolt, so that's what they are getting. That means the only shopping I need to do is for my Nephew - and for me! We're eating Christmas Eve dinner out, so no cooking this time just making up something for the dessert table - and cleaning house, which I should be doing anyway ;).

I did get the tree decorated last night, although it isn't quite done. I need to decide whether to go get more white balls, or put the green ones up to fill it out... it's kind of amazing how much you can get on to a four foot tree. We really didn't get any snow in the city, nor did it freeze overnight and make the roads icy. They say the next front is coming in Thursday, so we shall see what we shall see. My peace-wish was snow that didn't bother anyone and that's exactly what we got, :).

We have a local dog rescue group that specializes in senior dogs, that I love to support. If I ever get a dog I'll get an adult/senior... one that can train me as I've only ever had cats and that's a whole different ballgame.

I have not had a good day today :sad: - so last night I was dreaming about having a short get away with the kids sometime in the next couple of months and exploring options and costs - I came across a cruise - just a short one that went from Brisbane to Sydney and back again for Australia Day and would have been docked in the Harbour for the fireworks - but I ultimately decided a) I really couldn't afford it and b) it was during the first few days of term 1 for the new school year and that is one our busiest times helping to settle the students into new classes for the year. So I go to work and my colleague says to me - "a friend asked me to go on the Australia Day Cruise - I have already spoken to one manager and she said I can have the time off as long as the other manager says yes"! It so did not help my mood to start the day to hear she is going to go on the trip I had wanted to do. Then I had a run-in with another colleague who has been the cause of ongoing frustrations for all of us all year - I had another person with me for support but still not a great way to end the day! One positive out of all of today is that I have all 3 meals home-made and I haven't had any chocolate! I am hoping tomorrow is a better day but it is full of meetings that I am not really looking forward to either.

:( So sorry to hear this! What an awful coincidence about the trip! I totally understand what it's like to be stir crazy and want a little escape/getaway. I keep telling DH that we should be tourists in our own area for the weekend to break up the monotony sometimes! Maybe you guys can figure out some sort of a stay-cation :)

Yesterday was not a great day. I feel like I have gotten worse. My cough came back with vengeance last night. I pretty much coughed for hours. I haven't had a good nights sleep in over a week now. I am so frustrated with this. I am on day 9 and the doctor said it should only last 7 to 10 days. I don't think this will be gone by tomorrow. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be a little bit better.

That's awful! What ever is going around this year is absolutely the worst! I don't have anything helpful to say, other than to commiserate -- the infection/virus/whatever that got passed around the office over two weeks ago is still lingering here. Everyone still has frogs in their throats and coughing up a storm. It's vicious. Hope you feel better soon! :flower3:

Giving to others..... the holiday season is all about that! Giving gifts, giving donations, giving time....give, give, give! While it can be wonderful and it can give your heart a warm feeling, it can be draining! How do you find "ME" time during this busy time of year?

BONUS QOTD: What is your favorite place/organization to make a holiday donation?

I can sum up my holiday Me-Time in that gif that's been circulating---

creeper.gif

The caption on it reads something like "telling everybody you're going to bed but really you're going to watch Netflix til 3am" -- I can't find the actual one.... but yeah..... this is me.

My mother is staying with us until Christmas :crowded: and she needs to be entertained and talking to someone constantly when we are home. She also loooooooves to stay up all night and try to get us to do the same even though we work..... So my "bed-time" gets bumped up by about an hour and a half when she's in town. DH and I go to bed, he falls asleep, and I watch my shows or get on Facebook for an hour. :D

But because she is a super night owl, and DH works on Saturday mornings, I find I can sneak out of the house Sat mornings, go shopping, and be back before she wakes up or he comes home!

Bonus: Crazy cat lady that I am-- the rescue group that I volunteer with often really needs fosters this time of year due to the fact that some of the pet stores that we home a lot of the cats in close for the holidays. The cats need places to stay when the store is closed all day. So I foster when they need.

Toys for Tots is another favorite of mine.

Ok, I'm super chatty today... sorry, y'all-- back to work!

Hey @MinnieLovesTigger - When do you leave Disney? We arrive on Friday and hit the parks on Saturday. Let me know how the xmas party is since we're excited to go next week :D
We are going to be in the parks Saturday too! I think we are doing Epcot in the AM and HS in the PM. This will be our last time for awhile since we are letting DH & the kid's APs expire. We have a trip planned for next year during black out dates and the tickets for one week are the same price as our APs. We just can't swing the APs with non black dates for 6 people, I'm pretty bummed :sad:

How do you find "ME" time during this busy time of year?

My "ME" is during my runs. Training for a marathon is the perfect excuse to get an hour+ by myself!

My favorite organization to give to this time of year is the Angel Tree from the Salvation Army. You take an "angel" off the tree and it has a child on it with all their sizes and some toys they want. After you donate they give the presents to the child's parent to give to them.

We are going to be in the parks Saturday too! I think we are doing Epcot in the AM and HS in the PM. This will be our last time for awhile since we are letting DH & the kid's APs expire. We have a trip planned for next year during black out dates and the tickets for one week are the same price as our APs. We just can't swing the APs with non black dates for 6 people, I'm pretty bummed :sad:

We're heading to Animal Kingdom for the day then Disney Springs at night. Looks like we'll just be missing you :(

QTOD:
I'm with @MommaoffherRocker - my runs are my me time. It's the best part of my day/week.

For the holiday donation - we usually donate to Salvation Army or the Shoes for Kids charity through Nordstrom.

I'm all about me time! I've got evenings, weekends, workouts. Pretty much all me time. Which I think just means I must not be giving enough time to other things. I've been thinking about finding a shelter or something to volunteer at but I am afraid of the "me time" that it'll cut into. So I haven't actually made the decision yet.

BONUS: This year I'm doing bell ringing with the Salvation Army. I did it once already at work with a coworker and then I'll be doing it with my family for a solid 2 hours in a couple weekends :scared:. It's going to be cold and it's probably not the most exciting. I've donated to toy drives and such in the past but I'm not able to swing that financially this year.

Is it just me or has this week already been super long? I think it's just that I'm so ready for a week off and that doesn't come until the end of the year. But man, I've been looking forward to Friday since Sunday lol. Last night I got to the gym and was super unmotivated to run. So I decided that I'd let myself only do 2 miles BUT every time I looked down at the treadmill to check my mileage then I had to increase my run by .25 miles. Needless to say I ran 3 miles before I learned my lesson :rolleyes:. Tonight is a run that I'm equally unmotivated for because it's interval training. But if I can get through tonight's workout then I'm headed into a rest day so I just have to suck it up! And this weekend is my last race of the season. I have quite a few races that I'm earmarking for next year and hoping that I can pay for them!

I am on day 9 and the doctor said it should only last 7 to 10 days. I don't think this will be gone by tomorrow. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be a little bit better.

The flu's that went through here winter/spring lasted longer - mine lingered for around 3 weeks.

I keep telling DH that we should be tourists in our own area for the weekend to break up the monotony sometimes! Maybe you guys can figure out some sort of a stay-cation :)

Yes - I have told the kids we are going to do that already - there are tons of places around here that we have never visited. I was just longing for a little self-indulgence but it will have to wait.

Is it just me or has this week already been super long?

Nope not just you - its Wednesday night here now - but it so feels like it should be Friday already.

Perhaps it's just that time of year where everyone is trying to crunch a lot into a short amount of time.

Yes - this so much - I am in complete denial about how much I have to get done because I know I won't and that means I am going to have to bring some of it home when I stop going to the office as I really need it done before I go back to work next year.

@Oneanne - I posted my card today - I don't know how long it will take to get to the States in the mail - so it may be there a little late - but I have my fingers crossed.

Good morning friends! Here is your QOTD for Wednesday December 7, 2016:

woohoo-1.gif

:cool1:WOOHOOOO! You've made it to Wednesday! Share something that has made you say "woohoo" in the past week!!:cool1:

Oh I am so glad it's woohoo Wednesday!

I made myself oats with berries and milk this morning. Someone commented about how healthy it is. I thought to myself - I much prefer January sales shopping while feeling good about myself, than January diets! WhooHoo!

I also thought that this time last year I made a commitment ot myself that I won't do any more crazy diets and will figure out way to live consistently and happily. That I won't myself go crazy either too good or too bad. It's so great to think how well I did. I feel fantastic! We had Indian meal with sparkling wine and cheesecake on 1st of January last year, all part of no more crazy diets and well balanced. The content I feel with the way I live including exercise and food is something I have not had before. I have been slimmer before, but on a diet. What I do fits me well

There are 11 boxes of biscuits bought for present for family, teachers and guests at my work desk. Well few for us too. And I have 0 temptation to have them right now! Like non at all! Apart from did I miss anyone, I have no other thoughts for them

One of the more upmarket food stores I go to have their Christmas cherries out today. I bought a small box. OMG - they were heavenly. The taste was insane!!!! I am in food heaven. It makes such a difference to put your mind on food that I love but also supports my health goals, and not give much attention to food that isn't as loving to me! It's not that I won't have Christmas cake, but I will make sure I have a lot of yummy goodies that are super good for me too so the cake doesn't get as much place in my mind, or in my plate

To sum it up, I feel fantastic and this is my WhooHoo for this week. And my tummy is supper happy too. Staying on course December is awesome

I am still feeling crummy today but I do have a woohoo. Last night my sons Hapkido (form of karate) class got to perform on the ice at the Monsters game (Hockey team here. I think it is like a minor league or something.) He was so nervous. He has never had to perform before because he just plays sports. He did great and loved it. They are already talking about next year.

It's only Wednesday? I'm with y'all @dsnyfn1022 & @courtneybeth-- this week is slow... and I have no idea why. I'm not looking forward to anything in particular. DH and I are talking about going the Disney this weekend or next. Nothing solid. Also not sure if that's in the budget, but supposed to look at it and figure it today. So maybe that's part of why I want this week to hurry up!

Anyway, silly little woohoo: I got an early Christmas present last night-- the Disney Christmas train to put around our tree! I've wanted a train for the tree for 4 years, and just couldn't justify the cost for something I look at for only a month a year. But the lingering longing for 4 years must mean something. And so DH surprised me with one yesterday! :santa:

Hey friends! Just an apology for not being able to keep up with all of the chatter. I miss being able to do individual responses, but I think working 3 jobs has finally caught up with me.... I just feel unable to keep my head above water lately. Maybe because now Christmas prep/shopping has been added to my calendar? That being said, this is the LAST week of me subbing a Thursday evening WW meeting. I originally promised to fill in for 3 weeks and I've now done it for 5 or 6 weeks and I'm done! I love being a WW leader, but it doesn't pay enough to give up a day of working at school.... so I end up piggy-backing them together.

The only reason you are getting this message is because I had a short break in my schedule here at school, so I offered to work in the office so that I could have computer access!

I'm working online 6-8 pm tonight.... if it isn't too busy I may be able to pop on again!......P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter