Mickey's Halloween Party Selling Out

jsebsirois

DIS Veteran
Hey there!

It was announced on this website yesterday that more dates for Mickey's Halloween Party are now sold out (including the party we're going).

I was wondering how crowded it will feel to be at a sold out party.

Also, any know how many tickets are sold on a sold out night?

Thanks in advance!

From what I read on the opening day Halloween party, it was 35 K. I am expecting the same amount for our party.

I wish the 9th wasn't sold out. My friend dosen't like crowds. As for me I like see all the pepole in costume.

We went to a party on a Tuesday last year that ended up being sold out. The time from 3-7 (overlap with day guests) was PACKED but more manageable after 7:00. It remained crowded throughout the evening with really long lines for meet and greets and trick or treating but the trick or treat lines moved pretty quickly. I don't think it ever felt like you we're there at a "limited engagement" crowd-wise (as I hoped for) but it wasn't too bad. Have fun!

I was there at the first party on the 28th and it was sold out. I didn't think it was that bad. It was crowded around the Hub and Main Street for the fire works and calvacade but other than that, i thought it was bearable. Don't be discouraged with the looks of the trick or treat trail lines. They all move very fast. We had a blast and are actually doing the party again on Oct. 26th. You'll have fun! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the enabling. I just bought us tix for next Fri. I was going to skip it but eh, what's another $250? What else will we do in Anaheim on a Fri. night? :lmao:

I was surprised it wasn't sold out yet. I wonder if they sell more for the Fri. parties?

We went to the sold out party this past Friday (the 5th). It seemed much more crowded than last year (also a sold out Friday). It didn't have that limited ticket feel like last year. However, the lines moved very fast. It was impossible to meet Mickey and Minnie or Jack and Sally, their lines were ridiculous. Almost all of the rides were walk on or less than a 10 minute wait. Haunted Mansion was about 30 minutes. We were able to do everything we wanted to do,but it felt a little more rushed compared to last year. We love the Halloween party and will tolerate the crowds for it, but next year we may pick a Tuesday night instead.

Thanks for asking! I was wondering the same since our party date (the 15th) was also announced as sold out.
For us character M&G's are a must do, we just want to see the fireworks, parade and ride some rides. Sounds like it'll be okay for that.

Glad I got my tickets when I did! We are going on the 15th and I just got them last week.:cool1:

Dot2Vegas said:
We went to the sold out party this past Friday (the 5th). It seemed much more crowded than last year (also a sold out Friday). It didn't have that limited ticket feel like last year. However, the lines moved very fast. It was impossible to meet Mickey and Minnie or Jack and Sally, their lines were ridiculous. Almost all of the rides were walk on or less than a 10 minute wait. Haunted Mansion was about 30 minutes. We were able to do everything we wanted to do,but it felt a little more rushed compared to last year. We love the Halloween party and will tolerate the crowds for it, but next year we may pick a Tuesday night instead.

We were at the first party. I didn't think the lines for the meet and greets were bad. Mickey and Minnie looked long but were only about 10 minutes.

I❤MICKEY;46377150 said:
We were at the first party. I didn't think the lines for the meet and greets were bad. Mickey and Minnie looked long but were only about 10 minutes.
Wow! in years past the long lines meant that it was a hour or more of a wait to see of the characters.

We went on Tuesday 2nd Oct - it wasn't sold out prior to 6pm, there were signs up saying there were still tickets available and they were selling them in the park also. However it was very crowded, too crowded for me, especially around New Orleans Square. Meet and greet for Jack/Sally had a 1 hour plus line. Other character meets (except Mickey and Minnie) were less crowded but still had longish lines. We only went on a couple of rides but the waits weren't too bad (about 10 minutes each for Pirates/BTMRR).

Kilala said:
Wow! in years past the long lines meant that it was a hour or more of a wait to see of the characters.

M&M were located just outside the round up area. The line went towards BTMRR. When we got in line it was up to the bridge. The only really bad part was that we had to wait smelling cigarette smoke because the smoking section was next to the line.

I❤MICKEY;46379073 said:
M&M were located just outside the round up area. The line went towards BTMRR. When we got in line it was up to the bridge. The only really bad part was that we had to wait smelling cigarette smoke because the smoking section was next to the line.

That's no good. I have light asthma and I can't stand people that smoke. Do you know if the line for the Mickey pumpkin on Main Street is long?

Kilala said:
That's no good. I have light asthma and I can't stand people that smoke. Do you know if the line for the Mickey pumpkin on Main Street is long?

We were at the first party (which was sold out) just before and after the second parade we walked up to the Mickey Pumpkin and all the villains with little to no wait. Less than 5 people in front of us.

You can meet Halloween M&M plus other halloween characters during the day the Halloween round-up. There was a photopass photog w/ Minnie but not Mickey. The other characters sort of posed for pictures. It was more dancing with them and doing the crafts. Snapping pics. Goofy wouldn't sign my DS autograph book.

As for the smoking I truly wish DL and WDW were completely smoke free. I hate exposing my kids to smoke. I was surprised just how many smoking sections there were.

Aust said:
We went on Tuesday 2nd Oct - it wasn't sold out prior to 6pm, there were signs up saying there were still tickets available and they were selling them in the park also. However it was very crowded, too crowded for me, especially around New Orleans Square. Meet and greet for Jack/Sally had a 1 hour plus line. Other character meets (except Mickey and Minnie) were less crowded but still had longish lines. We only went on a couple of rides but the waits weren't too bad (about 10 minutes each for Pirates/BTMRR).

We went on the 2nd too! This was our first party so I can't compare but I will say that Main St was VERY crowded around 6 (obviously!) but by 7:30- very manageable. Trick or treat lines moved quickly & so did rides.

We had no problems getting a last minute reservation for Carnation Cafe. Initially I was horrified to be on Main at 6pm but my grandparents really wanted to eat here. It actually turned out great- fun spot to people watch & see all the great costumes!

We did the 1st parade, which was very manageable. However, fireworks crowds were INSANE!!! And by the end of the evening, trick or treat lines were almost none existent.

We were there Friday night (5th) and it was really crowded. The Rivers of America area was absolutely packed with people. Not to mention that Disney foolishly put a trick or treat trail right next to HMH so there was a huge line running along the main path and no one seemed to know if they were in line for the trick or treating or for HMH.

The lines for the characters were really long too. I would say Mickey and Minnie and the Storm Troopers in Tomorrowland had the longest lines.

In truth, we decided that this would be our last Halloween party. We loved the parade and the fireworks, but with so many tickets being sold, it didn't feel like a private event and wasn't really worth it to us. Maybe in a few years, when DS is older, we'll try again.

It really does clear out after the fireworks, so if you plan to stay for the whole party, I would plan to trick or treat and see the characters after the fireworks and see the 2nd parade.

Ugh, bummer. Maybe a good plan since we can go earlier, too, is get some DL in early that day but leave before the 4pm overlap time and come back after the 7pm party start time, and plan to stay til midnight.

So, let's wrap up what we have so far :

1) It will feel crowd but it's manageable, which is a good thing!

2) Meet and greets : characters that are available during regular hours should be skip during the party (like Jack and Sally or Mickey and Minnie)

3) Parade : good thing to wait for the second one

4) Fireworks : plan to not see it in front of the castle, even if we will miss some effects

5) Trick or treating : don't worry about lines as it moves very quickly or wait near the end of the party

Thank you everyone, I'm sure we'll have a blast anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter