Mickey's Backyard BBQ

HollyJoy

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me if this event is still going on, or has it gotten the axe? I have found December dates for it but for 2003. Also, do you know how far out you would have to make PS for it?

hi, I actually don't know about the PS situation but I have 2 friends that attended it this past fall. They said the food was really BAD especially the chicken. They both rec the HDDR over MBYBBQ....just thought you may like to know. Have a fun trip!

We went last August. We didn't care for it at all. Food was okay (we weren't expecting anything special) but it was like a free for all with kids just running up to characters without any system. We had three little ones, 2, 4 and 5 and I thought they were going to be trampled on. I think the HDD is a more controlled and relaxed atmosphere. But that's just my opinion.

Not read many good reviews of this, that is why we have chosen HDD instead.

The BBQ is listed as being able to book 365 days out.

This is seasonal, and judging by the crowds it won't go away anytime soon. If I remember correctly, they only do it certain nights of the week.

You don't go for the gourmet food. You go because the kids have a great time.

The food is basic fried chicken, BBQ and hot dogs. But the key is, if you are going to do a character meal, do this one. At other character meals, they come to your table for a couple of minutes and they are gone. But with this one, they stay on the floor and dance with the kids for a very long time.

If you want to see a lot of Mickey & Minnie ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo do this one. If your looking for a meal with a waiter, go to the Grand Floridian. :yo-yo:

We went there a couple of years ago with our two DD's, 7 and 8 at the time. I myself really enjoyed it. It was my type of food, I like BBQ and the simple things that go with it. Plus I'm from Iowa so I felt at home. Somewhat spendy for the quality of food, but it was good.

You have to get there early to get a good seat. The lines start forming very early even with PS, this just guarantees you in the gate otherwise it is run for a seat. I thought it was rather unorganized, but a very good time.

Kids and DW had fun with the characters and line dancing. Go ahead and enjoy it....

I have to agree with Doug Wolfe.

We just did this last month. Our DD's are 14, 11 & 11 & I wish I would have done this when they were younger.

The younger kids were having a blast with the characters. They interact a lot! ::yes::

The food was okay. I don't think it's fried chicken. It was more like grilled chicken without a crispy skin - although tasty. Didn't like the ribs at all - very tough. The best part of the food was the cake. They don't have diet pop - UGH! I don't drink wine & I don't like regular. The lemonade was good though!

IMO - if your kids are young then this is a great thing to do with the characters & I also think it's right up there or even better than a character meal. If your kids are teens or pre-teens, spend your money on the HDD.

We had fun because we made it fun for ourselves, but had I known then what I know now, I would have done it years sooner. JMO! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter