Mickey's Backyard BBQ

biggroofy

DIS Veteran
According to Disney.com, Show Times are: 12:00PM, 2:00PM, 4:00PM, 6:00PM, and 6:30PM.

For some reasons, when I search for availability, it shows 5:00PM is available. Does it mean it has a added show at 5:00pm?

Do they assign seat, or we pick our own? How was the show? I have 6 people in my group, including DD5 and DD9.

We will stay at WL, and wonders if taking the boat to FT is the best transportation choice?

Thanks!

biggroofy said:
According to Disney.com, Show Times are: 12:00PM, 2:00PM, 4:00PM, 6:00PM, and 6:30PM.

For some reasons, when I search for availability, it shows 5:00PM is available. Does it mean it has a added show at 5:00pm?

Do they assign seat, or we pick our own? How was the show? I have 6 people in my group, including DD5 and DD9.

We will stay at WL, and wonders if taking the boat to FT is the best transportation choice?

Thanks!

What day were you getting 5:00? The show has always been at 6:30. We were there in October. The only way it could be at 5:00 is if they changed the time. The show is 6:30 - 9:30, so it lasts 3 hours. I looked up some future dates and it still shows only 6:30. People start getting there really early. So, there isn't time for a show every 2 hours.

They seat you there as you arrive.

Definitely take the boat. The site is not far from the boat launch at FW. The internal bus system is a nightmare.

It doesn't make any sense that Disney.com is listing multiple show times per day when it's described as "Mickey and his country-western friends treat you to an evening of dancing with an all-you-care-to-eat dinner." (And I checked, it is listing multiple show times.)

Hi! Last year we stayed at the WL and we did the Backyard BBQ. It gets mixed reviews, but we really enjoyed it. You can walk to Fort Wilderness (it's a pretty long walk) or you can take the boat. The boat is MUCH faster. Definitely do not leave from a park and attempt to use the bus system to get there...like a PP said, the internal bus system at Fort Wilderness is a nightmare. I'm not sure what's going on with the show times. I'm thinking that there's only one venue for the BBQ and it would be nearly impossible to offer the show five times in one day. I would also suggest getting there early, so you can get a good seat. You will be seated with other families at very long picnic tables.

biggroofy said:
That is Dec 25 Christmas Day. I hope that is not a computer bug

Maybe they changed the show time for some special days because the BBQ is not usually offered on Tuesdays. I would call, though. We've been to this 4 times and it has always been once per day at 6:30. When I've booked by phone, they've never asked what time I want. When I look at other days, it lists multiple times in the drop-downs, but only 6:30 is 'available'.

Thanks everyone.

I called Disney Dining, they were unable to tell me what's going on. I then called FT, the operator again has no idea but transferred me to Disney Recreations.

The CM at Disney Recreations said that since this is Christmas Day, they will have 5:00pm and 7:00pm (two shows) instead of 6:30pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter