MickeyAnne's PJ! NJ Wedding + DLR/DCL Honeymoon (GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!!!!!)

That is great news about the house. I'm glad some good things are starting to fall into place after everything that you and your families have been through this year. I know what you mean about whipping 07 out of your mind. My family had a year like that a few years ago where we lost 4 family members in a short period of time and I know how hard it can be :grouphug:

Hello everyone - I can not believe how long its been since I have been on the Dis! I have so much catching up to do with all of your posts and new faces to get to know! Its amazing how much life has gotten in the way for the past few months. But I am back and I hope to be logging in more and updating everyone as much as possible.

Since I last updated, I really haven't gotten as much as I would have liked to done. I did get to meet with my florist which was fun - excpept for the fact that she told me that daiseys wouldn't be a good idea for our bouquets. I was a bit bummed about that but after talking with her and coming up with new ideas, I left really happy with our plan. I never really considered that yellow and white flowers weren't necessary and that I cold have fun with the colors since yellow is so neutral! This made me very happy because I really wanted to do pink and green and very colorful bouquets but just never thought it would work. My florist is awesome and thank God she thinks out of the box! This is what we came up with - she will combine these two ideas (with no cascade) for the bridesmaids.
untitledljihjoj.jpg

large_imagehk.jpg

Whatever she does for the bridesmaids will be done with mine except mine will be all white with tiny green accents. I am reallyl happy with these ideas.

The boutinears for the guys will be a rose with three stefanotis. I am undecided about what color rose they will wear though.

The center pieces will be short and stocky with lots of color - like these.

large_imageCA7UKYCG.jpg

large_imageCANB5G8H.jpg

ap_center_6.jpg

My hair stylist has begun cutting my hair so that it will do this on my wedding day.
sfp_long_1-1.jpg

And last, but not least, I finally managed to get a picture of the female part of my wedding party. We went to order their bridesmaid dresses this past weekend (no I didn't change my mind from the last post) so I had them all over for lunch and we took a picture then. As you can see the future flower girls were not very cooperative :rotfl: - lets hope that changes in the next eight months! But here we are! From L to R is my cousins Danielle and Amanda, DF's cousin Alyssa, Me, MOH and BFF Lisa and my cousin Andrea. The blonde little girls is Lindsay and the brunette is Gabby.
laugh.jpg

smile.jpg

Somehow I have missed your PJ. But I am completely on board now. Your details and plans look great.

I love that your florist helped you find a way to add a little more color. I love yellow and daisies, and thought about doing a yellow and white wedding myself. However, DF doesn't love yellow the way I do, so we went a different route and we're both really happy with how it turned out. I have to say, I like the stephanotis with a rose for the groomsmen. Why not add color to them too? You could have one wear a pink rose with stephanotis, one wear a yellow rose with stephanotis, one wear that green accent flower (I can't quite tell what that is from the photo) with stephanotis, etc. Then your DF could be the only one with a white rose. That way the bride and groom are the only ones with the completely white flowers. Just a thought.

Your engagement party decorations and favors were so clever and nice. Thanks for posting photos of everything.

Here I am with a few things - the second one is the wine glasses that I am in love with - they are so fun!
of505904422.jpg

of505904421.jpg

Great Choices for Wine glasses! Those are the sameones I registered for and got at my bridal shower. I also registered for the tall and short glasses to match! I loved that set. now if only we were Martini drinkers we would of registered for those as well and Pilsner glasses if they had them! hehehe Great PJ so far, Thank you for sharing. Your flower choices are fantastic. I liked every single combination you chose because it was not just one type of flower, you had a few different kinds and shapes mixed in! :goodvibes

your pj is great! i'm sorry for all that you've been through this year! i'm from nj as well, though i am now living in texas! we're going there next week for our engagement pary!

i am going to have yellow roses as well! they've always been my favorite and i can't wait to see them!

Thanks ladies - I am taking time to get updated on all of your PJ's as well. Its crazy what a month or two away can do! I will get to all of you eventually though! I love this board and I now realize how much I missed it!

Anywho - I have a few more things to share. I recently got a great gift from a very talented friend of mine. She took my engagement picture proofs from me and told me that she would scrap them for me. Being that I am so busy I was totally happy to let her do this. I am so happy that I did because this is what I got back!

47b7ce24b3127ccebdb3053cf0b70000002.jpg

47b7ce24b3127ccebdb31bd8716c0000002.jpg

47b7ce24b3127ccebdb3199171240000002.jpg

It is just a tin that she covered and decorated with my colors and she mounted the pictures on card stock and slipped them in. I love it! Its such a nice thing to display!

I just finished adding bells and ribbon to the bubbles that we will hand out at the end of our ceremony. I got them from oriental trading and I am a bit unhappy with the quality (I think some of them look shotty) but, the way I think of it is that people throw them away any way so I am not going to stress about it. This is what they look like.

47b7ce24b3127ccebdb30525719e0000003.jpg

Last but not least for today - this is our guest book. Each of the pages has a pic of us from when we started dating up to our engagement pictures. Under each picture there will be a quote related to fairytales/love. The individual pages will go on the tables during the reception for everyone to sign and then they will be put in the scrapbook. These aren't the best pics but you get the idea.

47b7ce24b3127ccebdb319a8f02d0000002.jpg

47b7ce24b3127ccebdb31c55317a0000002.jpg

47b7ce24b3127ccebdb31c7eb0610000002.jpg

What a great idea for your engagement proofs! You're lucky to have so many creative people helping you out!

I am a scrapbooker and I would never have thought up such a creative idea for the engagement pictures. Your friend did a great job on the tin. Wow! :yay:

I also like how you're doing your guestbook. We're thinking about doing one of those photo books (where you upload your pictures and have a bound book made for you) leaving blank spots for people to sign. I was going to originally do a scrapbook, but wasn't sure if I would have the time to do it. Everything looks great! :thumbsup2

Sunsh1ine - thanks! I am really excited to see what the finshed product with the flowers will look like!

Disney Sweetie - I like where you are going with that thought with DF and I being the only ones with all white! I like it! My wheels are spinning now - thanks for the thought!

ILoveChip - I also got the tall and short glasses. They really match my personality. They are all different and all "fun". Don't you just love them!

CarynDisneyDiva - Thanks for your kind words. I don't think you can ever really LEAVE Jersey can you? I think it always stays with you ;)

Kristen14 - I am very lucky. This friend of mine does AMAZING work. I wish my mind worked like hers.

FigmentFan - I also scrapbook but would have NEVER thought of this! But looking at it, it would not be difficult to make - time consuming but really not hard. Thats why I posted it here because I thought it might inspire some people. As for the guestbook - I am hoping the idea of putting the pages on the tables works out - if it doesn't I might be regreting my decision not to use your idea (I considered the picture book as well).:lmao:

Hello all -
I had a bit of a wedding melt down last week. I stopped having fun and I started putting alot of pressure on myself to get things done. My DF, mom and MOH talked me down and helped me to remember that this is supposed to be fun and I have been better since. Shockingly, I have been able to accomplish more since I have chilled a bit so I have some updates for you.

The cake - I want to do something that combines these two ideas but definitely a circle cake. I would do fondant over buttercream and the accent color would be yellow. I will have flowers to match my bouquets/center pieces on top and I would like to write "and they lived happily ever after on one layer".
large_imagelhj.jpg

CG047m.jpg

I posted a few weeks ago about invitation Frustration and I got so many helpful hints from all of you Disers - I am sorry if I didn't reply to all of you. One person directed me to Mygatsby.com. I was able to find something that I truly like ther and I am going to be placing my order very soon.
406449b.gif

The invitation part actually goes on the front of the pocket and when you open it up the inserts are inside. Our pocket will be a light silver, the backing color will be yellow and the invitation layer will be white. The inserts will be yellow. The price is abit more then i wanted to spend but we are putting them together ourselves so it cuts down significantly. Despite the higher price then my budget, I think its a good compromise between really expensive and really cheap.

I really want to wear flip flops to my wedding but I am not sure. I like these shoes from Zappos.com though.
6627-484397-3.jpg

I have more but I am gettin sleepy. I will update again soon!

i had a meltdown 2 weeks ago and i think i'm approaching another one...i just keep buying crafts and posting on here to keep myself in check. don't feel like you're alone with that, you've had so much going on, you're allowed to melt every once in awhile!

i really like your cake choices! are you going to do a topper, or have fresh flowers on top, like in your first example?

i also like your shoes, though flip flops are cool too...i have bought several pairs of shoes, all that i can/will wear again!

We should have a "wedding meltdown" thread. :lmao: I am sure we all go through just insane times in this whole process.

But, as promised, on to my updates.

I have this tux style in mind for the guys. All jackets will be black though.
Tie.jpg

l_92c8ef72216f184c1e64931985d480ea.jpg

I want to do the style of the group shot with the tie in the solo shot. For a June Wedding, I think the light and airy feeling of those tuxes is very appropriate. I just like the contrast of the striped tie as well. DF will wear an all white version of what the others wear.

Our Favor is going to be a CD because DF and I met in a record store and music has always been important in our life. This is the case that we will use for them (blissweddings.com).
000058.jpg

This is the playlist (in random order because we haven't decided how we want it it)
1. Thank You for Loving Me - Bon Jovi (our song and first dance)
2. Not While I'm Around - Barbara Streisand (DF and DMIL's song)
3. My Wish - Rascall Flatts (Me and my dad's song)
4. Grow Old With You - Adam Sandler
5. For the Longest Time - Billy Joel
6. Paradise by the Dashboard Light - Meatloaf
7. Let's Hear it for the Boy - Denise Williams (I swear this was wriitten for DF)
8. Finale - From Fantasmic!
9. White Christmas - Bing Crosby (We got engaged on Christmas Eve and this is DF's fav. song)
10. The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole (my top Christmas song)
11. Wouldn't it be Nice - The Beach Boys
12. Meet the Mets - NY Mets Theme song (for Mike)
13. I want it that Way - Backstreet Boys (Inside Joke)
14. Cruel to be Kind - Letters to Cleo (I LOVE to sing this song)
15. Indiana Jones Theme Song - (another inside joke)
16. The Warrior - Scandal (Mike's favorite 80's song)
17. Don't Stop Believin - Journey
18. Do You Love Me - The Contours
19. You're the Best - Joe Esposito (from the Karate Kid - great song)
20. If I had $1,000,000 - Barenaked Ladies
21. The Best is Yet to Come - Frank Sinatra
22. Everything -Michael Buble.

DF (Mike) is going to write an explanation of why we chose each song (he really wants to) and we are going to create a liner notes for the CD. I am not sure how I want to decorate the outside yet but I will let you know when I do.

For now thats all! I may have more soon.

Wow I've just caught up with your PJ, welcome back! Your flowers are lovely. Look forward to hearing more of your plans! :surfweb:

Hello All!
I am down to less then six months! Its insane - when I started this, I had 17 months! Time is flying. I hav been working hard to get stuff accomplished and that has worked well for me! I have finished the CD favor design. I haven't uploaded pics of it yet but as soon as I do, I will post them because I am really looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts.

On to what I can post...

My mom picked out her dress. She will be wearing this in lagoon blue with a brown flower. She is so tiny an petite and looks so young so I happy that she went with something fun like this! She is going to get a wrap for it as well.
LZ3732.jpg

This is the look that I am going for with my programs - like a scroll.
large_imageprog.jpg

I don't know if I have ever posted the way I want my hair to look but this is it - I am going for a trial some time this month or next!
sfp_long_1-2.jpg

This is the result of my makeup trial - thoughts???
47b7cf05b3127cceb161794075380000004.jpg

Random - this is the dress that my MOH picked out for me for HER wedding which is a few months after mine - I love it! It is so different from the one I chose - but then she and I are total opposites.

262backbg.jpg

262bg.jpg

I do intend to get my pics of the favors posted ASAP - untill then...thanks for looking!

Hello all,
On New Year's day, it was exactly 5 months until our wedding!!! Its so exciting.
Here are my updates:
1. We went and ordered the tuxes and they are basically what I thought they would be. The tie has smaller stripes then the one in the picture above but its very similar. We decided on a silver vest for DF because he is so fair that the white really washed him out. He will wear the silver vest and a white/silver tie while the groomsmen will wear a matching vest with a black/silver tie. I am very happy with it! Was I supposed to let him go alone?? ;) Its this with a striped tie and a black (lightly) pin striped tux.
Vest.jpg

2. I have been working really hard on my favors. I have about 40 done which is good but I have 150 more to do! I am so nervous to burn our my disc drive with all the burning so I am going to have to out source soon!
This is what they look like;
47b8df23b3127cceb384c98ad0070000002.jpg

47b8df23b3127cceb384c9d8d0550000002.jpg

47b8df23b3127cceb384c8ce90db0000002.jpg

This is the inside of the envelope, the disc and the insert;
47b8df23b3127cceb384cf13d09d0000006.jpg

47b8df23b3127cceb384cc6090770000003.jpg

47b8df23b3127cceb384cc48905f0000002.jpg

I guess that is all. I am just very happy with the favors so I wanted to share them with you.

Oh, that brown dress is made by Bari Jay and its a bridesmaid dress so I am sure you can get it at a local Bridal shop! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter