Mickey Mouse PH

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by jadelsp, Oct 11, 2017.

1. jadelsp

jadelsp Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if this room includes the concierge lounge. I am considering booking this for a night or 2 for my sons 21st birthday and since the cost was so high trying to justify. Either this or a VIP tour?

2. lalasmama

lalasmama DIS Veteran

I think we may need a bit of clarification. Are you asking about the Mickey Mouse Signature Suite? If so, yes, it comes with conceirge.

(PH usually means "park hopper" around these boards :) )

smartlabelprint likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. bethwc101

bethwc101 DIS Veteran

Im guessing Penthouse?

5. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

I'd ask myself where would he prefer to spend the most time? If in the parks go VIP, if he'd enjoy chilling in the room for extended periods of time to enjoy all it has to offer get the special suite.

I know you didn't ask, and maybe you already have CL experience, but imho... Conceirge offerings aren't that great tbh when you're talking about spending this much money- continental breakfasts, hit or miss appetizers, ok wine & beer, mediocre desserts during fireworks. (A harsh assessment from someone who enjoys CL, admittedly for me it's about the convenience & extra space coming from a fam of 5.) If you're 1) gonna spend most of your time in the parks and 2) intrigued by the Conceirge aspect maybe combine a regular CL room with the VIP tour for better bang for your buck.

bumbershoot and smartlabelprint like this.
  6. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

I highly suggest if you are going to do the room, you dedicate the afternoon, evening and following morning to the hotel room. A VIP tour would be less $$.

Entry
    [​IMG]
    Kids bedroom. Birthday girl couldn't hang....
    [​IMG]

Kids bedroom
    [​IMG] upload_2017-10-11_19-19-25.png

7. jadelsp

jadelsp Mouseketeer

So I did mean the penthouse, thank you for asking for the clarification. He is 50-50 hotel vs parks. We have done concierge prior but not at the Disneyland hotel. I am totally undecided in that I think the VIP tour is more my speed and I am trying not to make a choice based on my want for his birthday but the room looks amazing. You guys are always so helpful

8. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

Just a word of warning. The room is fantastic. It will sleep 2 in the master bedroom (master bath is great), 2 on the sofa sleeper, but the kids room is tight for anyone taller than 5'2". On the round bed we had the 6yo, with 2 15yos who are both "short" (they would shoot me for that.) They were hanging off the bed, but were having too much fun to care. A full size adult would not be comfy. The 5'6" teen ended up on the couch.

We invited a ton of friends (as you can see from pic) and watched Guardians. But only the teens, birthday girl, and myself spent the night. (I shut the door at midnight and went to bed...)

Here is the dining area.
    [​IMG]
    The aftermath of a teen (with a mini teen) sleep over.
    [​IMG]

9. jadelsp

jadelsp Mouseketeer

I was thinking of doing this for 1 night,probably our last and doing a hotel hang out day. I think he would love that he is kind of a homebody so a nice afternoon evening at the hotel with a movie and treats is just his speed. The room itself looks amazing.Thank you for the pics.

10. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

Here is the living room.
    [​IMG]

The room really is a lot of fun. Birthday girl loved brushing her teeth the with cartoons in the mirror. Lots of little surprises all thru the room.

11. jadelsp

jadelsp Mouseketeer

Thank you. It looks amazing.

12. Nonsuch

Nonsuch DIS Veteran

Signature Suite guests are able to book preferred viewing (seated) for night shows (Fantastic, fireworks, WOC) -- the same seating used by VIP tours. Booking the Penthouse on a non-park day would waste this valuable benefit.

cpster likes this.
  13. MacMama0930

MacMama0930 I've Found My Laughing Place

I gotta ask...which one are you? I've seen your posts and I'd love to put a face to your name :)

14. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

While I understand this, our crew did not want to leave the room. Spending $5K on a room, we wanted to spend as much time in it as possible. I don't think I could have gotten the girls to head to the park once they saw the room. I got the call from a friend to meet me in our room at 3p, and she brought the granddaughter a room key and said "Let's see where this fits..." When it opened the door to the Penthouse, there were a few screams of "Are you serious??" Little one face timed her dad walking thru the room to show him everything. They enjoyed the video game set up. And there was over an hour of playing "Hide and Seek", instigated by the teens (3 teens and the mini teen, while we watched Guardians.) We stayed til the last second at 11am. We had people in and out all evening and morning visiting.

The fridge was fully stocked and the lounge was just down the hall. We did send a couple of adults to "gather food" (Earl of Sandwich for most, and I ordered room service), and the teens didn't even want to go with their parents to get clothes to spend the night (they made it to Hyatt House and back in 35 mins!) I doubt I could have talked them into going back to the park.

Which one is me? Far right.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017