Mickey Mouse Bathroom Decor?

mom2jcc

Castle Suite Memories Forever!
I really would love to make our kids' bathroom a Mickey Mouse themed room. We have an 8 yr old son and 2 yr old b/g twins that share this bathroom. I have been racking my brain on a theme that would suit all of them...then it hit me....they ALL love Mickey!!!

So, where can I find a shower curtain and vanity accessories? I haven't had much luck online unless I am looking in the wrong places. Anyone out there that can hook me up in the right direction??:goodvibes

I got my vanity decorations years ago at Sears but I don't think they do disney any more. The disney store online use to have alot but they really don't no more. There is a store at Downtown Disney that is just bathroom stuff but I am not sure when you are planning on going back. One of the best decorations I have that I get the most compliments from is that when we were at disney I bought four of those wash towels that you wet and they grow. I took them and wet them, then let them air dry, then iron them on a cool setting, and then I framed them myself using colored frames from Hobby Lobby. Have fun decorating! :goodvibes

I got my vanity decorations years ago at Sears but I don't think they do disney any more. The disney store online use to have alot but they really don't no more. There is a store at Downtown Disney that is just bathroom stuff but I am not sure when you are planning on going back. One of the best decorations I have that I get the most compliments from is that when we were at disney I bought four of those wash towels that you wet and they grow. I took them and wet them, then let them air dry, then iron them on a cool setting, and then I framed them myself using colored frames from Hobby Lobby. Have fun decorating! :goodvibes

Oh, how creative!! I wonder if they have those at the dollar tree. I'll have to check.

disneyshopping dot com has a GREAT set I would *love* to get - but kinda pricey right now, even with a sale.

If yo ureally want to go all out I was in a specialty bath appliance store a while back and they had Mickey sink & toilet. I can't remember if it was Koher or what though, just saw that it was $$$$$

If yo ureally want to go all out I was in a specialty bath appliance store a while back and they had Mickey sink & toilet. I can't remember if it was Koher or what though, just saw that it was $$$$$

Wow!! My Dh would divorce me for sure :lmao: :lmao: Probably cost just as much as our WDW trips. Interesting...I had no idea you could actually purchase something like that.

I cannot help you, but I LOVE the idea of a Mickey bathroom! We have a Disney kitchen and love it!

We have a Mickey bathroom for the kids and they LOVE it! I got SO lucky - my sweet neighbor was having a garage sale and I got a Mickey showercurtain w/ Mickey rings, matching waste basket, kleenex cover all for $1.00! I found Mickey parts hooks (ears, hands, feet) on ebay, got the kids adorable hooded towels (2 Minnie, 1 Mickey) that look just like Minnie and Mickey ears and all at the Disney outlet last time we were at WDW.... we have our Mickey banks in there (for all of our extra change that goes toward our WDW spending money), etc... We just use red and yellow rugs on the floor..... I like their bathroom more than mine!

Wow!! My Dh would divorce me for sure :lmao: :lmao: Probably cost just as much as our WDW trips. Interesting...I had no idea you could actually purchase something like that.

After I typed this I did an online search. Evidently Kohler discontinued the line but I did find this:http://www.amazon.com/Mickey-Vessel-Filler-Chrome-G4/dp/B000W2NETK

and this http://www.renovatorsplace.com/dsp_articles.cfm?l_article_id=101&l_cat_id=75&catid=14

but these are the ones I was talking about:
http://www.renovatorsplace.com/dsp_articles.cfm?l_article_id=101&l_cat_id=75&catid=14
and http://www.fixtureuniverse.com/products/view.aspx?af=312&family=117041

Sadly it looks like all are discontinued :(

disneyshopping dot com has a GREAT set I would *love* to get - but kinda pricey right now, even with a sale.

And they are ceramic, which break and chip. I bought a ceramic Mickey set last year and one of the kids chipped the soap dispenser and I broke the toothbrush holder cup.

I had a Mickey Mouse shower curtain, towels & accessories that I bought in 1996 at Macy's. It finally got old and yucky and we got rid of it. But we loved it.

Good luck in finding stuff.

What a total bummer. Really cute though!

And they are ceramic, which break and chip. I bought a ceramic Mickey set last year and one of the kids chipped the soap dispenser and I broke the toothbrush holder cup.

Oh - good point! Good thing it's not in my budget right now.

I cannot help you, but I LOVE the idea of a Mickey bathroom! We have a Disney kitchen and love it!

I would love to see pics of your kitchen! How unique!

We have a Mickey bathroom for the kids and they LOVE it! I got SO lucky - my sweet neighbor was having a garage sale and I got a Mickey showercurtain w/ Mickey rings, matching waste basket, kleenex cover all for $1.00! I found Mickey parts hooks (ears, hands, feet) on ebay, got the kids adorable hooded towels (2 Minnie, 1 Mickey) that look just like Minnie and Mickey ears and all at the Disney outlet last time we were at WDW.... we have our Mickey banks in there (for all of our extra change that goes toward our WDW spending money), etc... We just use red and yellow rugs on the floor..... I like their bathroom more than mine!

You DID get lucky...$1.00:banana: :banana: Oh, I am so excited!!

We did a MM themed bathroom for our kids when we first bought our house and they enjoyed it for 5 yrs (just redid it this past summer). We didn't actually buy any "official" Disney stuff though.

First DW found very red, yellow and bright white towels at JCPenney (we have 2 towel bars, so we typically had 2 different colors going at the same time). She got a really cool white fabric shower curtain (and had it in front of a clear plastic one for inside the shower), and found some great, big white button shaped sc holders (think about the buttons on MM's shorts, and that's what they looked like). The walls were painted a pale yellow, and then we had a white glove shaped soap dispenser (found it at Bed, Bath & Beyond, I think - but it was several yrs ago so I could be wrong), and a basic white ceramic toothbrush holder.

Then, we had some framed MM artwork (from TJ Maxx or Ross or somewhere like that), plus a large framed MM puzzle that I had put together years ago, in a red metal frame that hung on the wall over one of the towel bars. None of it was too expensive, since the shower steam could potentially ruin any of it.

It wasn't over the top, but everyone that saw it knew what we were trying to do with the "theming" through some creativity and a few "finds" at different stores.

I did a Mickey bathroom in my first apartment right out of college. I used Mickey sheets to make a curtain in front of a black plastic shower curtain, found stickers and stuck them to my black tissue dispenser and toothbrush holder, and used the red, black, white and yellow for rugs and towels. It was simple and worked on a budget.

Good luck and be sure to post pictures when you figure out what you want to do!:goodvibes

entirely off of ebay.

I got a shower curtain, soap dispensers (shaped like Mickey's foot) tumbler (shaped like his middle) we use this for the toothpaste and M&M mugs that they put their toothbrushes in (the toothbrush holder that came with the set the holes were very small. I got MM wallpaper boarder, a MMprint, and embroidered towels with M&M and the kids names on them. We used small black rugs and towels, and I got MM plates (ebay too) and hung them on the wall. I got the kids red bathrobes (ebay again..) one is Mickey and one Minnie. They are too small now but still look cute hanging on the wall.

Have fun!

Our local Target has recently had some Mickey Mouse bathroom stuff. I have a Mickey 1/2 bath, but the stuff was bought a long time ago at Downtown Disney. I told my mom I was going to redo a bathroom themed with Mickey, and she magically pulled out this box full of stuff she had never used. :worship:

For wall art I used pictures of each of the parks that my husband took, and then also made a photo collage of the Mickey / Minnie meet and greet from stock photos from my Photopass cd.

Here's a picture of my Mickey bathroom! :goodvibes
OurNewYellowBathroom

https://picasaweb.google.com/106397759730960990775/OurNewYellowBathroom#5670766948424747954

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!