Mickey, ducks & snakes-oh my!! DDP $$ recap, OKW 5/24-5/30/10

Bill, this was a terrific TR! I am not usually a huge fan of TR's, but have been reading a few lately to help pass the time until our December trip - your is top notch and very much enjoyed your take on the DDP and Wishes Party. Great pics - very nice family, although rather shy! :thumbsup2

Early December is getting to be quite popular and not as quiet as a few years ago. Last year it was downright crowded, but the extra magic of the holiday decorations makes it a wonderful time to visit.

We had a great stay in a BWV studio - the Villas will be especially nice as the refurb should be completed. Might want to make a location request unless you don't mind a long and winding walk back to the room at the end of the day. Think maze. ;) Of course, AKV should be fabulous too! We did not unexpect to enjoy the Savannah view as much as we did.

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us - - hope to see another TR for the December visit. :goodvibes

Aw shucks ma'am, thanks for the kind words. :)
We've been the week before Thanksgiving (3 years ago) but this year, DW and I are looking forward to resort hopping and taking in all the Christmas decorations, ADR's, the Backstage Magic Tour, ADR's, Candlelight Processional, ADR's, couples spa, ADR's...are you seeing a pattern yet? :lmao:
Nov/Dec will be our first time at AKV and BWV and with all the ADR's and that other stuff planned, I'm not sure how many rides we'll take in at the parks. I guess we'll have to make sure we ride those that take pics? :rotfl2:

Thank for the great TR, loved the pictures. OKW is my favorite resort and I can't wait for Nov to be back there, maybe in a refurb. room!

Thank for the great TR, loved the pictures. OKW is my favorite resort and I can't wait for Nov to be back there, maybe in a refurb. room!

Thanks for the thanks! I know a lot has been said about the refurbished rooms but the only thing I can complain about our room this past trip would be the hard beds. Well, then there is the "brown foam" in the MBR bath! :lmao:

Thanks for taking the time to write this trip report. I just read the whole thing and loved all your pictures and reviews. We leave in 7 days so I am reading trip reports today to get myself even more excited (if that is even possible!

Thanks for taking the time to write this trip report. I just read the whole thing and loved all your pictures and reviews. We leave in 7 days so I am reading trip reports today to get myself even more excited (if that is even possible!

I have received so much great tips and advice from others on the DISboards so if I can "play it forward" a bit, it is my pleasure. Thanks.

Great trip report! Loved the pictures of your family. Did you use the pool at OKW? How was your room - going in 9 days and so excited!

Great trip report! Loved the pictures of your family. Did you use the pool at OKW? How was your room - going in 9 days and so excited!

Thanks. DS used the pool one day but we did not. The room was great! It was not one that had been refurbished but it was fine for us. Let us know how your trip goes.

Great TR - thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks for the thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks. DS used the pool one day but we did not. The room was great! It was not one that had been refurbished but it was fine for us. Let us know how your trip goes.

Do you remember what bldg you were in? Will let you know how our trip goes!!! getting so excited.

When we come back we start right into pop warner . Can't wait for football season to start!!!! Drew Brees (sp) is one class act I have to say!!!! - From Patriot nation.

Do you remember what bldg you were in? Will let you know how our trip goes!!! getting so excited.

When we come back we start right into pop warner . Can't wait for football season to start!!!! Drew Brees (sp) is one class act I have to say!!!! - From Patriot nation.

We were in room 6212 (building 62) and it is very convenient to the HH even though it is not designated as a HH booking.

I have to agree about Drew Brees. It is nice to see someone that reaches the apex of their profession in sports that still remains humble and honored. That is not always the case. Too bad I couldn't have been at WDW when he was there after the SB!

We were in room 6212 (building 62) and it is very convenient to the HH even though it is not designated as a HH booking.

I requested that bldg lets see if I get it.

I have to agree about Drew Brees. It is nice to see someone that reaches the apex of their profession in sports that still remains humble and honored. That is not always the case. Too bad I couldn't have been at WDW when he was there after the SB!

Totally agree - very humble/likable.

Thanks so much for the great trip report, I especially loved the info about the Dessert Party. Our last day there it will just be me my husband and our 4 year old and I think to have Tinker Bell fly over her, would just be the icing on the cake. DH and I will discuss it but I think it will be a definate for us. Thanks again. :goodvibes

Thanks so much for the great trip report, I especially loved the info about the Dessert Party. Our last day there it will just be me my husband and our 4 year old and I think to have Tinker Bell fly over her, would just be the icing on the cake. DH and I will discuss it but I think it will be a definate for us. Thanks again. :goodvibes

My pleasure Princess.

I know...I know...This has nothing to do with my Trip Report but I could not resist sharing a pic of one of our nation's finest guarding the 2010 Super Bowl Trophy! HooRah and WhoDat!!!!

100_0474.jpg

This is my first trip report so be gentle! ;)
Here's the background - DH (54), DW (46), DS (25), DD (22) & DD boyfriend (22).

This is our first trip to WDW in nearly 3 years. We purchased a small DVC contract at OKW in Nov, 2009 so this was our first "trip home". We live in south Mississippi and it is a 600 mile drive each way to WDW. Our DS recently moved to north Alabama so he flew in to meet us while the rest of us drove down. Since it is a 10 hour drive, we knew we would be arriving late. We purchased the dining plan and if we had stayed at OKW that first night, we would have had to purchase that extra day on the plan for all 5 of us and not been able to use it. Therefore, we stayed at the Buena Vista Suites on a deal found here on the DISboards. A 2 room suite for only $99/night (tax included). Hard to beat that deal!

We made it to the hotel, checked in and decided to eat at the Cheesecake Factory in Orlando. DS's twin brother lives out on the west coast and works at one while attending school. This was our first visit and it was very good. The menu is more like a booklet with so many items. Needless to say, the desserts are fantastic too. I would compare it to many of the better restaurants at WDW for the food but it is hard to beat the atmosphere at Mickey's place!

DS's flight arrived at 11:20 at MCO so we checked out and picked him up at the airport. No problems there except I suspect my Garmin GPS and the FL DOT are in collusion to send me through every toll booth around to collect those fares! :headache: We arrived at OKW after MORE tolls around 12:30.
100_0348.jpg

Check-in is not until 4:00. We did the online check-in and I do not know if it made any difference, but our room was ready! :banana: DW and I are going to purchase AP's but we had purchased park tickets for the 3 "kids" through UndercoverTourist. The CM added them directly to the room key without a problem. As previously mentioned, we had purchased the DP (TS meal, CS meal and a snack) for our stay and those were added to each of our room keys as well. It took less than 10 minutes from arrival until we were headed to our room! I don't know about you but that is scary for me! That guy in Murphy's Law is a relative of mine so for something to go so easy is not the norm for me!!! :lmao:

Hey Saintstickets!!! We just booked our 2011 trip for the week before Memorial Day weekend. We'll arrive May 20 and depart either the 27th or 28th. Memorial Day is the 30th next year, so we won't even be at the parks to worry about that weekend's crowds. Thing is, I'm wondering about crowd levels during the week prior? How busy is it? We've been during Easter break and summer break and both were really busy. Can we expect slightly better crowds (please!)? We've gone for our Mardi Gras break and that was really great weather and crowds, but the kids had to miss 3 days of school since they were only off on Monday and Tuesday.

Any feedback on crowds the weekend before and week before Memorial Day weekend would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, A~ (fellow Saints Fan- Who Dat?)

Hey Saintstickets!!! We just booked our 2011 trip for the week before Memorial Day weekend. We'll arrive May 20 and depart either the 27th or 28th. Memorial Day is the 30th next year, so we won't even be at the parks to worry about that weekend's crowds. Thing is, I'm wondering about crowd levels during the week prior? How busy is it? We've been during Easter break and summer break and both were really busy. Can we expect slightly better crowds (please!)? We've gone for our Mardi Gras break and that was really great weather and crowds, but the kids had to miss 3 days of school since they were only off on Monday and Tuesday.

Any feedback on crowds the weekend before and week before Memorial Day weekend would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, A~ (fellow Saints Fan- Who Dat?)

We've been twice around Memorial Day weekend both before and after. According to the TouringPlans.com crowd calendar, the week before Memorial Day weekend will be crowd levels 5 or 6. However, from Friday 5/27 - Tuesday 5/31 the crowd level increases to 7, 8 or 9. There is a Star Wars weekend 5/20-5/22 & 5/27-5/29 and then Gay Days week starts Tuesday, 6/02/11. Compare those crowd levels to Easter weekend which is the maximum level 10. Starting in late June thru the end of August, the crowd levels rarely ever get below level 8.

With that said, crowd levels 5, 6 and even 7 are very manageable and I think you will be pleasantly surprised expecially comparing them to when you have been during Easter weekend. The more popular rides will still be better if you use FastPass but you can easily work your way around and rarely have more than a 30 minute wait for most rides. Get there early or stay late and you can miss most lines too.

Hope you have a great trip. We scheduled our trip after Thanksgiving to be in between Saints home games! WHO DAT!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter