MIB question

kmc

Xlet's start todayX
is this an actually ride that moves along a track or is it simulated...does it move really fast??would you recommend it for an almost 5 yr old boy who meets the height requirements...i also have the same question for the back to the future ride..any advice appreciated

MIB moves on a track. BTTF is a simulator. MIB would be fun for a 5 year old. BTTF is pretty intense. One person described the ride like "being a marble in a dishwasher." I've seen two kids have two different reactions to the ride. They were about 5 or 6 years old. One cried at the end. Another couldn't wait to ride it again.

This was my son's absolute favorite ride of all theme parks, and he is 5.
It does not move very fast, although it starts to spin briskly several times during the ride while you are shooting the aliens. We rode it a total of 15 times over a three day trip at Universal/IOA.
We have been back since 5/13, and he talks about the ride everyday, wants to wear his shirt that we got him everyday, etc.

I was worried about my son enjoying rides at the theme parks because he has a nervous temperment, but he came through like a trooper, and wore us all out.

wooops, forgot about Back to the Future. It is more intense, and I had ridden about 4 years ago, so I was worried about him going on that as well. Again, he proved me wrong, and we rode that 7 times, his second favorite.
He didn't want to ride Spiderman again, though. He liked it, but when we got in line to go again, he got really nervous, so we didn't go.
People were complaining about the Hanna-Barbara ride in some earlier posts, and that was one of my favorites, and 5 year old loved that--saw Scooby Doo!
We just loved it all, got wet, and rode everything!
(well, I didn't ride any of the big coasters, that was DH's job)

thanks barry and iowagirl-wow-15 times it sounds like you guys had a great time-just curious did you take him on jaws and if so what was his reaction to that...and just one more question for anyone whos been on jurassic park-is there a really big drop on that ride and does it go really fast???thanks

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
YES! There is a very steep drop at the end. The ride goes up a steep incline ( I believe it's dark inside a tunnel) ,and down you go into the water, and the light at the end of tunnel! It's great though!

5 year old really like JAWS a lot. We rode two time in a row and then when he and I went back by ourselves for our third day at Universal/IOA he surprised me by wanting to ride it again (twice). He really liked seeing the bloody shark at the end of the ride. Which surprised me because he is the skittish type.
He was intimidated by the drop on Jurassic Park, but wanted to do that several times as well.

I soooo recommend staying onsite here, because we had true freedom on what we wanted to do, no limits. Very few rides we only rode or did once.

He never did get on KONGFRONTATION. His 10 year old sister told him he could get eaten on this ride, and no amount of telling him that the Ape was not real was not going to work.

Rode ET many times, he did Earthquake twice, enjoyed the Beetlejuice show, although did not really get it.

We passed on Terminator 2

One show he did not like was Poseidon's Fury at IOA. He stood through it, but it was loud, with shooting flames and images of huge waves crashing on you. I didn't care for it either. 10 year thought it was a "yawn and a 1/2"

thanks for all the input iowagirl-it really helps a lot since i've never been..and we will definitely be staying onsite(RP)thanks to all the reports i've read on this board..by the way it sounds like you have one very brave 5 yr old-im glad you guys had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!